Ousmane Dembélé

JerseyAddict

Demb?l? has only scored two goals in 50 shots this season, that's a 4% effectiveness rate. [cat radio]

Amen to that. He makes wild shots which skyrocket to the 40th row or he makes "forced desperate" shot straight in to the block. No head. Raw talent... 27y old or so...

He plays private games on the wing.

I hope he leaves... Can't watch his overpaid performances. Go to PSG. It is your destiny. Desitny is all LoL

Bobo32

Those with a higher goal per minute in the squad: Fati, Aubameyang, Luuk de Jong, Braithwaite, Depay, Aguero, Roberto, Torres, Coutinho, Pedri, Jutgla, Puig, Araujo, Nico Gonzalez, Ezzalzouli, Alves, Frenkie de Jong, Gavi.
Those who shoot more per minute in the squad: Fati, Torres, Luuk de Jong, Coutinho, Aguero

Bobo32

21 missed passes from Dembele yesterday. 67,7% found its target, and 3 were proggresive.
He didn't score obviously, but he tried 9 times and actually found the target 4 times (whether his target was his agent sitting on the highest stands wanting free balls, or the goal)

He had one nice cross that could've lead to something, and maybe two or three decent attempts more that didn't lead to anything but could, but he played the entire game only playing his own game as JerseyAddict points out, being feeded the ball all the time with license to fail as much as he wants, but he couldn't make anything happen at all against Cadiz.

Laplacian

For all his flaws and inefficiencies, and for all his injuries, he's still clearly your best offensive player right now

You're acting like this is praise; this is collectively the worst attack we've had in over 30 years. Even during the 1998-2002 era, we had attackers like Rivaldo and Kluivert putting up world class numbers. I cannot think of a single lineup since 1992 that's worse than this season's, you'd have to go all the way back to the 80s. Just because shit is slightly better than diarrhea doesn't turn the former into perfume, it still smells like shit.

And LOL we hate on him because he's black...
Jesus.

Dembele is a brainless, aimless, and technically inefficient attacker. That's why I hate him. He's an insult to this shirt that's had players like Messi, Ronaldo Nazario, Neymar, Suarez, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Eto'o, Cruyff, and Ronaldinho wear it. It is a club that's defined by technical brilliance, and it is currently being represented by these technical and brainless duds like Adama and Dembele. I don't hate the person, i just hate what he represents and I want him gone as soon as possible.

Players like Raphinha and Antony might not be better than him, but at the very least they can handle the ball like proper forwards so that I won't have to gouge my eyes out whenever I tune into a Barcelona match.

Last edited:

krakdol

21 missed passes from Dembele yesterday. 67,7% found its target, and 3 were proggresive.
He didn't score obviously, but he tried 9 times and actually found the target 4 times (whether his target was his agent sitting on the highest stands wanting free balls, or the goal)

He had one nice cross that could've lead to something, and maybe two or three decent attempts more that didn't lead to anything but could, but he played the entire game only playing his own game as JerseyAddict points out, being feeded the ball all the time with license to fail as much as he wants, but he couldn't make anything happen at all against Cadiz.

Who did better or even brought as much as he did in the team ? Answer : nobody.

Whoscored ratings for the game :

Dembele : 8.7 / 10

Second one is Busquets : 7.3 / 10, then nearly everybody is between 6 and 6.7.

For the season now :

Dembele has the best rating of the team with 7.73, with Aubameyang and Fati just behind.

Hardly the failure you'd think reading those "fans" posts.

krakdol

You're acting like this is praise; this is collectively the worst attack we've had in over 30 years. Even during the 1998-2002 era, we had attackers like Rivaldo and Kluivert putting up world class numbers. I cannot think of a single lineup since 1992 that's worse than this season's, you'd have to go all the way back to the 80s. Just because shit is slightly better than diarrhea doesn't turn the former into perfume, it still smells like shit.

And LOL we hate on him because he's black...
Jesus.

Dembele is a brainless, aimless, and technically inefficient attacker. That's why I hate him. He's an insult to this shirt that's had players like Messi, Ronaldo Nazario, Neymar, Suarez, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Eto'o, Cruyff, and Ronaldinho wear it. It is a club that's defined by technical brilliance, and it is currently being represented by these technical and brainless duds like Adama and Dembele. I don't hate the person, i just hate what he represents and I want him gone as soon as possible.

Players like Raphinha and Antony might not be better than him, but at the very least they can handle the ball like proper forwards so that I won't have to gouge my eyes out whenever I tune into a Barcelona match.

Stats disagree with you. He has the most assists in the whole league while having played half of the games. And that's with the clueless strikers of the club wasting 90 % of his crosses.

Fix the rest of your shitty team, then you'll worry about improving what already works.

Messi is gone, so are the great players of the past. It's not Dembele's fault, so why the hate ?

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
BTW for those who don't know he's 24 not 27.
And for those that want him to leave in our financial situation you want to get rid of our best player for who? Someone worse or at least on par? The hate he gets compared to the rest fo the team is hilarious considering he's one of our best players currently. Shoudnt be losing players like him just because you hate him and want a new shiny toy that you think will elevate us levels above, there's no player out there that will currently do it that we can actually afford or would want to come.
We need to replace multiple positions and don't have the money to do so,its better to get him to sign on 10-12m net and bring in another winger for depth and competion or at least strengthen other areas of our team that need it more so.

Bobo32

Who did better or even brought as much as he did in the team ? Answer : nobody.

Whoscored ratings for the game :

Dembele : 8.7 / 10

Second one is Busquets : 7.3 / 10, then nearly everybody is between 6 and 6.7.

For the season now :

Dembele has the best rating of the team with 7.73, with Aubameyang and Fati just behind.

Hardly the failure you'd think reading those "fans" posts.

His 21 missed passes means no one could do "better" or bring anything these 21 times at least, but at least they didn't do worse these times. Same with his missed shots, there were many times he could've found better placed team mates.

But the other two attackers under performed too, as did the midfield and the defence.
Whoscoreds rating system is not the truth, the truth is that he was given the ball A LOT in good positions to create, and unlike the midfield and defence had total freedom to make mistakes in order to create, but he created next to NOTHING in 90 minutes against Cadiz. Depay is about as bad as him too. Had they played a bit better and failed a bit less, then it would be a lot easier for the rest of the team to bring stuff. They brought the ball to the attack enough.

iniestaGOAT

His 21 missed passes means no one could do "better" or bring anything these 21 times at least, but at least they didn't do worse these times. Same with his missed shots, there were many times he could've found better placed team mates.

But the other two attackers under performed too, as did the midfield and the defence.
Whoscoreds rating system is not the truth, the truth is that he was given the ball A LOT in good positions to create, and unlike the midfield and defence had total freedom to make mistakes in order to create, but he created next to NOTHING in 90 minutes against Cadiz. Depay is about as bad as him too. Had they played a bit better and failed a bit less, then it would be a lot easier for the rest of the team to bring stuff. They brought the ball to the attack enough.

True he did nothing not sure what the hype is about. Useless crosses after another.

Iniesta Ultra

I rewatched most of the match last night to get a clearer picture of what's happening. There was one moment where Dembele made a good dribble down the middle into box where he had FDJ unmarked open to his right and instead of assisting him for tap in went shot himself and missed big. He took a lot more shots than usual and I only remember one being on target from distance which wasn't a difficult save for the keeper.

Bobo32

I rewatched most of the match last night to get a clearer picture of what's happening. There was one moment where Dembele made a good dribble down the middle into box where he had FDJ unmarked open to his right and instead of assisting him for tap in went shot himself and missed big. He took a lot more shots than usual and I only remember one being on target from distance which wasn't a difficult save for the keeper.

Yeah I remember that one and mentioned it in chat when it happened.
It is really one of Xavis biggest mistakes so far to make the team rely on Dembele making stuff happen. He is sort of fine to put in as a hero sub with 30mins left if the game is undecided, but this is what can happen when you have your team play for him to create.
Not to mention how inherently weak and wrong it is to play him with his contract situation.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BTW for those who don't know he's 24 not 27.
And for those that want him to leave in our financial situation you want to get rid of our best player for who? Someone worse or at least on par? The hate he gets compared to the rest fo the team is hilarious considering he's one of our best players currently. Shoudnt be losing players like him just because you hate him and want a new shiny toy that you think will elevate us levels above, there's no player out there that will currently do it that we can actually afford or would want to come.
We need to replace multiple positions and don't have the money to do so,its better to get him to sign on 10-12m net and bring in another winger for depth and competion or at least strengthen other areas of our team that need it more so.

The problem is that he want much more than 10-12m net and a fat signing bonus on top of it.

For a player having first consistent run of good performances for us and for someone that's been injured so many times it's a big gamble and would wreck our salary structure anyway.

Iniesta Ultra

It is really one of Xavis biggest mistakes so far to make the team rely on Dembele making stuff happen. He is sort of fine to put in as a hero sub with 30mins left if the game is undecided, but this is what can happen when you have your team play for him to create.
Not to mention how inherently weak and wrong it is to play him with his contract situation.

Are we still negotiating with him? I don't understand how these contracts work as others have mentioned he could've already signed with PSG. How long can it remain undisclosed if he's already signed for another club?

feggydinho

You're getting it wrong, we're not relying on Dembele to make things happen, he's just one of the guys who can so he's taking initiatives (he hasn't been trying to dribble many players and cut in this season as he did in the last two games, and that was because we were losing and had no penetration). Watch the game clearly, and you'll notice that the ball is switched from Dembele's to Ferran's wing occasionally, and the reality was that nothing was coming out from Ferran's and Jordi's wing so Dembele and Dest were the ones making combos, and cutting in the most, which is why I always maintain that replacing Dembele with a lower quality player might even make things worse and we've seen it happen before. If we were trying to replace him with Mbappe now, I'm all game but I know things could still get worse if we don't get it right. Plus there's nothing wrong with playing someone that's still under contract. Dybala, Pogba, Christensen, and other free players still feature for their clubs so we can't shoot ourselves in the foot by playing Adama as we know his case is far worse.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans