Ousmane Dembélé

delancey

I read that on AS site as well. Sounds like a lazy Thursday what bullshit article can I come up with. The board already stated that there will not be any galactic transfers in the next couple of seasons and still journalists think different.

Haha alrighty then. 🤪

Messigician

He's leaving on a free folks

(🌕) Barcelona?s proposal for Dembele is a downwards renewal ? that is, starting from a low salary. The club is aiming to reduce the wages of all players who have a high salary. @santiovalle #Transfers 🇫🇷💰

PSG should swap with Mbappe, it's win win

FinBarcelonafan

To me it looks like we are not even trying to re-sign him. imo. No way he would ever take these offers. Some foolish team will offer him insane bonus and 4-5 year contract.

My money's on United, New Castle and PSG.

And what he should do: Join Klopps team and become better player but I think he will go for the monney.

feggydinho

Literally need someone of Dembele's profile, or something like Vinicius' profile right now. Depay seems to be the only forward that can dribble and create chances out of nowhere, and he doesn't have much pace. there's no x-factor in our forwards, just passing in a cycle and hoping for an opening. Fati is more or less finishing, but we need someone that can dribble and run with the ball sometimes, we're just too predictable

feggydinho

Dembele with his X factor is the biggest myth in football history.

He still provides something different from our current forwards, We got so many chances against PSG while he was on the pitch last season, though he missed everything. But all the chances disappeared when he was subbed out. In summary, he misses a lot, but he still offers something we currently don't have.

feggydinho

Vinicius was missing sitters last season, but he has been one of the main players bitting us in the first half, We just need something different.

vegitot

He still provides something different from our current forwards, We got so many chances against PSG while he was on the pitch last season, though he missed everything. But all the chances disappeared when he was subbed out. In summary, he misses a lot, but he still offers something we currently don't have.

What's the point when he misses everything??? He has pace but no brain.

behindbrowneyes

Again, I am no fan of Dembele, but we literally have no right winger without him.

True. There are some things to consider. By the end of his contract, he'll be fully amortised and all he costs the club then is his salary. If you get a replacement and have to pay a fee, the cost of that replacement will be amortisation + salary for the length of his contract. Who can we realistically get as his replacement for a decent fee though?

Dembele is still just 24 and will be 25 next May. I agree that he is pretty dumb, but clueless managers didn't help in his development either. Of course injuries play a big part too. However, he had Valverde, Setien and Koeman as his coaches. Dembele is a player who needs a coach that tells him exactly what he wants him and what he doesn't want him to do on a football pitch. If the club plans to get a coach like ten Hag, I'd try to keep Dembele. Realistically you can't get a decent winger under 50M and there are many other areas in the team that needs to be addressed. Dembele with a bit higher salary is still cheaper than a winger for 50M + lower salary. What has been paid for Dembele in the past doesn't count anymore, at least not in accounting and this is something to consider in current economic situation.

JamDav1982

Renew him on lower wages with a low release clause of 40/50m.

If he then proves himself for better contract he has the bargaining chip of clause others would pay.

Job done.

Home of Barca Fans