Ousmane Dembélé

mc_lovin

At the time, he seemed like a good choice. The problem is the PRICE. Every club have several flop players. It's just that all our flops are ridiculously expensive.

I firmly believe that Real bought Hazard for moral support. They are true friends.

Messigician

My Prince

🚨[Lluis Miguelsanz - SPORT] | FC Barcelona has lost patience with Ousmane Dembele and has given him ultimatum to respond to the latest renewal offer by the end of October. They consider it a lack of respect on part of a footballer who has spent more than half of his contract out

Windhook

Back in 2017 it was either Mbappe or Dembele. And it was widely known that Kylian was a Real Madrid fanboy. I think it was the right call to sign Dembele, the price was crazy, but we had 222m in the bank thanks to Neymar. Dortmund cashed in and we got a good winger made of glass, unfortunately. His Barca career resume will be "injuries and that miss against Liverpool". I'm disappointed, because I was very much enthusiastic to see him prosper at Barcelona, instead he did everything to ruin it.

feggydinho

My Prince

��[Lluis Miguelsanz - SPORT] | FC Barcelona has lost patience with Ousmane Dembele and has given him ultimatum to respond to the latest renewal offer by the end of October. They consider it a lack of respect on part of a footballer who has spent more than half of his contract out

Lol, what do we expect :lol: I'll be shocked if he renews for anything less than 200k a week cause he has all the cards on his table right now (almost a free agent, still under 25 and clubs would still be willing to take a chance on him for free with high wages, it's normal). Most footballers now play for money, Sancho earning over 320k, Sane who is also injury prone managed to get over 290k at Bayern and let's not forget football is still a job, and no one would want to take a massive pay cut even if they were previously overpaid, especially if they can get better elsewhere.

BBZ8800

Back in 2017 it was either Mbappe or Dembele. And it was widely known that Kylian was a Real Madrid fanboy. I think it was the right call to sign Dembele, the price was crazy, but we had 222m in the bank thanks to Neymar. Dortmund cashed in and we got a good winger made of glass, unfortunately. His Barca career resume will be "injuries and that miss against Liverpool". I'm disappointed, because I was very much enthusiastic to see him prosper at Barcelona, instead he did everything to ruin it.

1. he was always dumb, very dumb
2. also, lately we have learned that way too many attackers from Bundesliga will look way better than they are due to all teams pressing like crazy, leaving giant holes for counters and in general all teams play: press and counter.
In those circumstances pacey wingers will shine, but even regular average attackers will bang lots of goals like Jovic, Paco or Rebic.

When you sum it all, Dembele was never more than a 50-60m player, even before injuries.

The only real test was NT level, where except of that one friendly vs England (iirc), he was usually a sub, meh, dumb, tripping over the ball and breaking records with impossibly badly shots.

He has the most hot and cold shooting tools.
Some of his shots are on world class level only to hit 3-4 wtf shots after that.

So, he is not a good player who was only unfortunate with injuries.

mc_lovin

24th August 2017, 09:11 PM, user Horatio wrote: "Future looking a bit less bleak with players like Umtiti, Dembele, Semedo, Douglas, Sergi Roberto and Alena."
Liked by: Serghei... and... [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] :lol:

The internet is a magical place.

Messi983

24th August 2017, 09:11 PM, user Horatio wrote: "Future looking a bit less bleak with players like Umtiti, Dembele, Semedo, Douglas, Sergi Roberto and Alena."
Liked by: Serghei... and... [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] :lol:

The internet is a magical place.

Douglas was our lucky charm, everything went downwards since he left...

FinBarcelonafan

2. also, lately we have learned that way too many attackers from Bundesliga will look way better than they are due to all teams pressing like crazy, leaving giant holes for counters and in general all teams play: press and counter.
In those circumstances pacey wingers will shine, but even regular average attackers will bang lots of goals like Jovic, Paco or Rebic.

When you sum it all, Dembele was never more than a 50-60m player, even before injuries.

The only real test was NT level, where except of that one friendly vs England (iirc), he was usually a sub, meh, dumb, tripping over the ball and breaking records with impossibly badly shots.

Some of his shots are on world class level only to hit 3-4 wtf shots after that.

Very good post.

Dembele is not a good footballer. He had high upside but it meant fixing his many issues, which he hasn't.

feggydinho

The clip brings memories, like when he used to send most of his shots to the sky frequently. At least he improved on those.

Messi983

Newcastle rumored to like him

[Foot Mercato- @sebnonda] | Newcastle also contacted Ousmane Demb?l?. The player wants a salary of 15 million euros plus a 15 million euro signing bonus. #FCBlive

Good luck trying to renew him. :lol: Hopefully we can sell him in January but I doubt.

Home of Barca Fans