Ousmane Dembélé

Birdy

It is a Liverpool ITK journalist stating there was no offer in June 2020 and no interest from the club.

As I said you can choose who to believe but doesnt make it fact.

It is not an opinion.. he said Liverpool have made no offer. The opinion is then of that outlet commenting on that claim.

I see the rules are indeed Romano knows better as I thought.

Dude, you provide a secondary opinion piece referring to a report that we never read, or are able to read to even check the wording of the report, which is important.
And the only argument you present is that the guy that supposedly wrote the report we never read is a Liverpool journalist.
So what?
All the reliable Liverpool journalists, like Pearce, Doyle, Gorst, etc last summer were reporting that 'Thiago is not a target' for Liverpool
while Romano and Bayern journalists were reporting that talks take place between the parties.
Who was correct eventually?

vegitot

Exactly lol. The "le Klopp Liverpool counterattack good for Dembele" is such a meme at this point by people who obviously don't watch Liverpool. 90% of the time Liverpool's busy trying to break down low blocks in the PL. The other 10% of the time they're facing the "big 6" teams, that absolutely offer VERY little time on the ball for the opposition. For a guy who can't trap passes properly, can't provide short passes (or any sort of pass really), and lacks intelligence in movement that's a nightmare scenario. I am pretty sure he'd be worse there than he is at Barcelona or France.

Spot on.

JamDav1982

Dude, you provide a secondary opinion piece referring to a report that we never read, or are able to read to even check the wording of the report, which is important.
And the only argument you present is that the guy that supposedly wrote the report we never read is a Liverpool journalist.
So what?
All the reliable Liverpool journalists, like Pearce, Doyle, Gorst, etc last summer were reporting that 'Thiago is not a target' for Liverpool
while Romano and Bayern journalists were reporting that talks take place between the parties.
Who was correct eventually?

Nope I am saying that David Lynch saying it is his understanding Liverpool did not make any offer and dont plan to contradicts Romano.

You hang onto word 'understand' as if this means opinion and Romano based on fact is classic.

Pick and chose to believe Romano who must never be wrong according to you while those closer to club said otherwise.

You are lying again about them saying Thiago is not a target just as lied about some Konate claim from January,

Birdy

In a league that offers less time on the ball, Dembele will magically develop the ability to pass under pressure. Klopp will also grant Dembele the ability to break down parked buses, the very thing he's useless at Barcelona.

You mean the very thing he is the only player to do at Barcelona

Birdy

Nope I am saying that David Lynch saying it is his understanding Liverpool did not make any offer and dont plan to contradicts Romano.

You hang onto word 'understand' as if this means opinion and Romano based on fact is classic.

Pick and chose to believe Romano who must never be wrong according to you while those closer to club said otherwise.

You are lying again about them saying Thiago is not a target just as lied about some Konate claim from January,

LOL. How am I lying?

Dude get a grip seriously.
What you are trying to do every time you disagree with someone is ridiculous
Solve your issues, it's not a big deal to admit you were wrong in a forum

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele can pass under pressure and break down parked buses? I must have missed those games because the ones I watched he played like he couldn't even break down a broken bus.

JamDav1982

LOL. How am I lying?

Dude get a grip seriously.
What you are trying to do every time you disagree with someone is ridiculous
Solve your issues, it's not a big deal to admit you were wrong in a forum

Lying as Romano didnt go against Liverpool journalists and come out as correct on Thiago and lying about Romano revealing Liverpool were in for Konate ahead of everyone else in January.

Simple.

Laplacian

You must be trolling at this point. Like, are you having a laugh behind your computer screen? It's the only rational explanation here. No way you seriously think that's the case.

Birdy

Lying as Romano didnt go against Liverpool journalists and come out as correct on Thiago and lying about Romano revealing Liverpool were in for Konate ahead of everyone else in January.

Simple.
Simple my ass:
1)
Here is one by James Pearce from June 2020 saying Liverpool won't sign Thiago
If I had more time and more willingness (which i don't for you) to dig more, I would find tones of similar ones that I remember from March to August: most Liverpool journos were on the same lines as Pearce above.

2)
Here is Romano's talk on Jan. 29th that Liverpool is interested in both Upamecano and Konate, and will get one of them.
First to report in April that the deal is done

PS: After handing you your huge L on this one, where you moved from 'Dembele is not good enough' to 'no top team want Dembele' to trying to discredit Romano as a transfer source when it comes to Liverpool
(all of that in order not to simply concede that top teams were interested in him)

I have to say that I will not reply directly to you anymore on any thread/issue, as you are one of the most toxic posters here:
-Continuously insulting other posters,
-disrespecting the conversation by not providing sources and instead throwing "i know for fact" BS phrases,
-shifting the goals of the argument all the time,
-strawman-ing like crazy,
-replying like maniac even with 1 line posts just to have the final word all the time,
-and at the same time fleeing when it's clear you lost the argument
All of that in order not to ever concede defeat.

Piss off you creep

JamDav1982

Quite an important part missing there.

Where is Romano claiming Thiago will sign for Liverpool before others claimed it?

Try again.

Changing of goal posts to 'claiming Liverpool will go for Konate' to claiming Liverpool had scouted Konte amongst others.

Romano doing his usual and trying to be first to claim 'done deal' when had been in press already deal almost done. He was doing same shite with Wijnaldum and got it wrong.

Try again.

Here is Liverpool journalists on Konate links before Romano.

Your claim..he reported in January that Liverpool will go for Konate, when the Liverpool journos 'did not know anything about it'

Reality.. Romano did not say they 'would go for Konate' in January he said they were scouting him.

Reality... reported in UK press before you link to Romano breaking it.

https://www.givemesport.com/1639120...rms-interest-in-van-dijkesque-ibrahima-konate

Ls are on you after that effort. Nightmare.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

I am really not trying to come at you at all but I have a hard time understanding how you can empirically come to this conclusion, outside of you just being a big fan of his and wanting him to succeed here. If that is the case, it really is ok to just say that instead of making posts like this.

A very easy counter-example to Dembele being quote-unquote, the only player who can break down a bus at Barcelona, was his game against Real this season. Just the numbers alone tell it all:

-2/8 accurate crosses
-43 touches
-1/1 crosses, 1 big chance created
-1 big chance missed
-17 possession losses

And if you actually go back and watch the match, his overall influence on our offensive play was just not at the level we needed from him in a big match, and especially short of what is considered well and truly world-class. And this is just one example.

So the way I see it and from what I have seen from him in the handful of games previously where he was fit and not injured, he actually really struggles against buses largely due to teams not giving him space to be able to run into and demonstrate the one trait that is world class but that does not make him world class: his pace.

His best moment for us was probably his goal against Spurs still, and again, he had a bunch of space to run into and get at top speed. But from what I have seen, I just do not see the IQ there for him to be truly world-class or at the very least, be a player who we really rely on for the long haul.

You compared him to Cristiano at UTD, well Cristiano hit 35-40 yard belters back then and was the undisputed leader of players like Rooney, Nani and Tevez. And Cristiano is not a high-IQ footballer but he even back then, was a more complete winger than Dembele is now.

We need to cut our losses and run with this dud. Genuinely more excited to watch Alex Collado on the RW than more of Dembele next season.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Simple my ass:
1)
Here is one by James Pearce from June 2020 saying Liverpool won't sign Thiago
If I had more time and more willingness (which i don't for you) to dig more, I would find tones of similar ones that I remember from March to August: most Liverpool journos were on the same lines as Pearce above.

2)
Here is Romano's talk on Jan. 29th that Liverpool is interested in both Upamecano and Konate, and will get one of them.
First to report in April that the deal is done

PS: After handing you your huge L on this one, where you moved from 'Dembele is not good enough' to 'no top team want Dembele' to trying to discredit Romano as a transfer source when it comes to Liverpool
(all of that in order not to simply concede that top teams were interested in him)

I have to say that I will not reply directly to you anymore on any thread/issue, as you are one of the most toxic posters here:
-Continuously insulting other posters,
-disrespecting the conversation by not providing sources and instead throwing "i know for fact" BS phrases,
-shifting the goals of the argument all the time,
-strawman-ing like crazy,
-replying like maniac even with 1 line posts just to have the final word all the time,
-and at the same time fleeing when it's clear you lost the argument
All of that in order not to ever concede defeat.

Piss off you creep

Liverpool press linking Konate to Liverpool 3 weeks before your Romano link.

Yet only Romano knew!

What a buffoon.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/...rformers-as-liverpool-target-centre-back-duo/

Home of Barca Fans