Ousmane Dembélé

Vilarrubi

Personally although i may accept people thinking CR7 is better than Messi, i just dont see how they can logically come to such a conclusion? Messi is pretty much better at almost every aspect of the sport except for top speed, heading and long range shooting...

Well, the only people who believe he's better are nostalgic United fans (Forgetting Messi beat CR7 in the CL Final :thumbsup:), Madrid fans and now Juve fans.

That's a huge fan base but I expect anyone who isn't under 10 year old, have a visual impairment or have a low IQ to know that Messi is better.

So you claim you don't care, but you still will be doing it. Kinda contradictory, don't you think? I think it is safe to say it at least irritates you that some members criticize Messi. Nothing wrong with that.

Absolutely false. You can make points and arguments without being emotionally attached to the argument or the people you are trying to defend. Do you think I am frothing at the mouth when I defend Messi or something lol. Maybe years ago I would have argued with emotion - not now

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Dembele should never at any point in his career have been compared to mbappe or Ney. Even when mbappe was at Monaco it was glaringly obvious he was a far superior player. People here only a few months ago after that golazo against Spurs were saying Dembele has a higher ceiling than Mbappe. The hype is real. Go back a few pages and the question was asked whether you would prefer Dembele or Neymar. I was looking for the laughing emoji but alas couldn't find one.

Also, am not emotionally attached to Messi so it's cool to prefer Ronaldo. Told you this before. All emotional attachments lead to pain - including attachments to loved ones, family members etc.

But he genuinely has the tools to become better than Mbappe imo, his main issues are his decision making and focus (obviously two of the most important attributes for professional players), whether he will ever fulfill that potential is something else entirely.

I'm also one of those who'd rather keep Dembele and Coutinho over bringing back a snake and drama queen like Neymar especially considering our financial situation.

Well, the only people who believe he's better are nostalgic United fans (Forgetting Messi beat CR7 in the CL Final :thumbsup:), Madrid fans and now Juve fans.

That's a huge fan base but I expect anyone who isn't under 10 year old, have a visual impairment or have a low IQ to know that Messi is better.

In all honesty I'd add all the new age FIFA kiddies in that as well (under 18)

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Absolutely false. You can make points and arguments without being emotionally detached to the argument or the people you are trying to defend. Do you think I am frothing at the mouth when I defend Messi or something lol. Maybe years ago I would have argued with emotion - not now

Same thing for me. I am not piercing a Messi voodoo doll every time I'm highlighting his weaknesses. Messi is incredible, but we as a team could have been so much better with a real coach who would try to use Messi's strengths in a more efficient way. I'm also not furiously masturbating every time I praise CR in his thread by leaving posts like "beast", "machine", and etc. I could use a less embellished language there, but I do admit I am writing those effusive compliments to some extent in order to trigger those who can't stand him and do not want to see people praising him on a Barca forum.

Madrid fans knows messi is better, whole football world knows that, that doesnt mean fans cant appriciate what career CR7 has as a way less talented player then messi, but that makes you cr7 fan i suppose.

Absolutely false. What makes a person an undercover Cr7 fan is describing his poor games as great games and then shitting on Messi for games where he played twice as good as the Ronaldo game that the person just praised. Fair? Because that's what numerous accounts here are guilty of, as well as more, like sly digs on messi, peddling general Ronaldo myths like he owned the Portuguese league etc

It's not rocket science to spot then out, really.

JohnN

But he genuinely has the tools to become better than Mbappe imo, his main issues are his decision making and focus (obviously two of the most important attributes for professional players), whether he will ever fulfill that potential is something else entirely.

I'm also one of those who'd rather keep Dembele and Coutinho over bringing back a snake and drama queen like Neymar especially considering our financial situation.

His only world class attributes seem to be physical ones though.
He is pretty mediocre (or you could say inconsistent) on the technical and absolutely abysmal on the intellectual and mental aspects of the game.

So, does he have the tools to become better than Mbappe who also has great physical attributes, as well as the technical, intellectual and mental superiority?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is pretty mediocre (or you could say inconsistent) on the technical and absolutely abysmal on the intellectual and mental aspects of the game.

So, does he have the tools to become better than Mbappe who also has great physical attributes, as well as the technical, intellectual and mental superiority?

He has the X factor. Moments of absolute genius, like a perfectly weighted through-ball or an impressive solo run. But his technical deficiencies (sloppiness) prevent him from showcasing his "x factor" consistently. I think this season will finally show his real level, granted he doesn't get a long-term injury again. If he continues to be as erratic as before, we should consider selling him and invest in a new winger in summer 2020.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Disagree Mbappe doesn't have the Technical superiority, He also doesn't have the creativity/xfactor dembele has.
As for the the intellectual and mental superiority, they're two of the main issues that are currently holding him back.

JohnN

He has the X factor. Moments of absolute genius, like a perfectly weighted through-ball or an impressive solo run. But his technical deficiencies (sloppiness) prevent him from showcasing his "x factor" consistently. I think this season will finally show his real level, granted he doesn't get a long-term injury again. If he continues to be as erratic as before, we should consider selling him and invest in a new winger in summer 2020.

Disagree Mbappe doesn't have the Technical superiority, He also doesn't have the creativity/xfactor dembele has.
As for the the intellectual and mental superiority, they're two of the main issues that are currently holding him back.

I don't understand what this "X factor" is supposed to be. If you mean that sometimes he seems to be a special player, I agree. Some of his highlights are brilliant. He can also be unpredictable, which is something we desperately need.
But when those highlights are so rare and are overshadowed by so many misscontrolls, bad passes, tripping over, missing sitters etc.. I' m not so sure he will make it.

Either way, one more year should be enough for him to show what he can do for us.

Laplacian

Did you guys watch the world cup at all? He was the most unpredictable player in the squad, he created several goals out of nothing with his own pace and brilliance. He did it in Monaco during the CL and he does it for PSG as well. I mean I agree, people overrate Mbappe but you guys are underselling his talents way too fucking much. Mbappe is more unpredictable as he actually knows how to utilise the tools he has. Sure Dembele can dribble past 10 players in a single match, but that only happens like 3 times a season. Like we don't have to guess how Dembele would be in Mbappe's teams, they already play in the same team. Just compare their NT performances side by side, it's Dembele not Mbappe, that plays utterly predictable and static on the right flank.

Last edited:

Maxim4

We are 6096 members here.
it is unfortunate that the barça forum becomes a place of entertainment for fans of Madrid and Cronaldo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's never making it here.

Sorry, but that's just how it is.

You don't need another season to realize what's so obvious about him. He's never been motivated enough to develop into the player he potentially can be. Whenever I see him play, I see the same faults in his game. Sure, Valverde is not the best manager to develop a player like him, but you cannot blame Valverde for Dembele's lack of effort, him being unable to make easy passes and standing at one place instead of moving off the ball.

I've been a big supporter of his, like you can see in the earlier pages in this thread, but I've given up on him and so should most of you.

He won't be the first extremely talented player who's failed to make the big step.

Alexis Sanchez was a force of nature in Udinese, but in his club career he failed to truly make it at Barca and then went to Arsenal. I can see a similar career path for Dembele.

I understand that a lot of you don't want to accept it, he's a maverick, exciting to watch when he's on fire, and we invested a lot in him so a lot of you naturally want him to succeed, but I don't see it happening.

He's gone after this season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's never making it here.

Sorry, but that's just how it is.

You don't need another season to realize what's so obvious about him. He's never been motivated enough to develop into the player he potentially can be. Whenever I see him play, I see the same faults in his game. Sure, Valverde is not the best manager to develop a player like him, but you cannot blame Valverde for Dembele's lack of effort, him being unable to make easy passes and standing at one place instead of moving off the ball.

I've been a big supporter of his, like you can see in the earlier pages in this thread, but I've given up on him and so should most of you.

He won't be the first extremely talented player who's failed to make the big step.

Alexis Sanchez was a force of nature in Udinese, but in his club career he failed to truly make it at Barca and then went to Arsenal. I can see a similar career path for Dembele.

I understand that a lot of you don't want to accept it, he's a maverick, exciting to watch when he's on fire, and we invested a lot in him so a lot of you naturally want him to succeed, but I don't see it happening.

He's gone after this season.

I have my doubts too but this upcoming season will be his last chance to show that he's got what it takes to stay here longer, I'd take. If he stays healthy there is no excuse for him not to do better than the last two seasons and if he doesn't, yes we will probably sell him at a loss next summer.

Welcome back Don, by the way.

cro-man

As it seems nothing good came out of that neymar transfer. Coutinho the worst transfer ever and we made pool even stronger with it. One final and one cl for them with our help:lol: Dembele the second worst transfer as it seems. That cursed money from psg did nothing more than damage. Griezmann could be the next flop.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans