Ousmane Dembélé

ajnotkeith

The same people hating on Dembele and arguing his performances in league games are meaningless, are the same people who will argue Xavi is doing such an amazing job keeping up with Madrid in LaLiga by beating those same teams.

Furthermore he is one of the only players to actually fit Xavi's system and Xavi himself is building his project around him, saying he thinks he is at the level of prime Neymar. It's bizarre how the majority of people hating here are unconditional Xavi supporters.

Gnidrologist

Don't know about others, but i don't "hate" Dumbele. But i know his limitations. He's an entertaining player. Does some brilliant stuff here and there. I'd absolutely want him to succeed and become a more serious threat against serious teams, but alas, it's still pending.

serghei

The same people hating on Dembele and arguing his performances in league games are meaningless, are the same people who will argue Xavi is doing such an amazing job keeping up with Madrid in LaLiga by beating those same teams.

Furthermore he is one of the only players to actually fit Xavi's system and Xavi himself is building his project around him, saying he thinks he is at the level of prime Neymar. It's bizarre how the majority of people hating here are unconditional Xavi supporters.

I missed the part where comparing him to Vinicius, who was probably one of the top 10 best players in the world last season, makes sense. Have no problem with saying Dembele is a very good La Liga level player, but Vinicius is out of his league.

serghei

Don't know about others, but i don't "hate" Dumbele. But i know his limitations. He's an entertaining player. Does some brilliant stuff here and there. I'd absolutely want him to succeed and become a more serious threat against serious teams, but alas, it's still pending.

Nobody really hates Dembele. It's his and his agent's unrealistic, if not delusional, demands that are the issue here.

Dembele is an awesome squad player for any team, but a starter in none of the elite sides.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I missed the part where comparing him to Vinicius, who was probably one of the top 10 best players in the world last season, makes sense. Have no problem with saying Dembele is a very good La Liga level player, but Vinicius is out of his league.

Any players can be 'compared'.

The point is it can be dwelled on how hit and miss the likes of Dembele is when in league this season his stats are comparable with Vini Jnr who many would have as one of best wide players in world with league form part of that.

In terms of poor touches and losing ball.. Vini is worse for Dembele at that so far but doesnt seem that way as easier to dwell on it when it is Barca player.

Folk then blow up as if saying Dembele is better player when point is it is easy at times to get bogged down in focusing on the poorer parts of game for some players.

serghei

Vini Jr. has an extra gear vs big teams that Dembele just doesn't have. Of course they can appear similar in the league vs Elches and Valladolids, but when you put them vs serious teams, Vinicius is another level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's because Vinicius is a much better player. He was clowned on by people because his finishing was terrible, but he always had everything else you want in a winger. Explosive pace, dribbling, creativity.

Dembele's style of play is just way too chaotic to consistently be good vs. big teams.

JamDav1982

Vini Jr. has an extra gear vs big teams that Dembele just doesn't have. Of course they can appear similar in the league vs Elches and Valladolids, but when you put them vs serious teams, Vinicius is another level.

Again not the point.. and said Vini has been better last season and better player currently.

The point is how they are compared and Dembele made out to be this ultra sloppy player when Vini is worse for it and most would have Vini as one of best wide players in world based on league form included when this season and last in league he hasnt been all that much better than Dembele really and in far more settled situation.

Vini wasnt 'another level' this year v Barca... Dembele was better across those two games really.

He did have some very clutch moments in CL though.. hence why he is rated higher.

If Dembele was to finish season with better stats than Vini and Barca win league but Real dont win CL.. who has had better season?

OVI9323

I understand what you mean when you say that some are hating but in fact not all of us hate him. Like serghei say, saying that he not as good as Vinicius is not "Hating" him. When you speak about me, if anybody look at my history of comment for the last years, I was almost at Birdy positive/optimist level of support for him. Imo; 2-3 years ago, if you asked me to choose dembele over any player in the world, I'd have token dembele because despite his flaws, i loved his "X factor", eletrical play. In a way, he remind me of messi and I was expecting him to be more effective with time and maturity.

Xavi sayed he's at prime level of neymar, Mbappe sayed "Dembele is better than me", Setien said, he almost had an org*sm when he see dembele trained "Dembele bring me to tears", Tuchel said Dembele is a genuis and best player that played for him, Semedo, Malcom, Pedri and all type of player said how good Dembele is. Welp after 2 years of having a system based arround him guess who is 2 years in a row in Europa league? And you see i never speak of 5 years since i try to play nice and don't take his injury injury into account

And for now I don't really see what Xavi is trying to do with this team and find his obsession with senior busquet quite strange. Also I don't like how he's not asking his player to use more the run behind defenses done by Raphinha or even dembele sometimes. Also I don't like how he benched Frenkie de Jong since even if he's not flawless, he'd have help big time of Ucl. So you see i'm not a fervent Xavi supporter but still notice that Dembele doesn't help enough when you really need him like a Mbappe or Vinicius could do sometimes against Big team.

To anybody who say that i'm hating on Dembele, i'll ask the same question I asked to retard man who is now on ignore list since his few brain cells leaved this world prematurely, and I trust that it will be more instructive to have your opinion

Seen this last 3 years history, if you had to choose between Dembele and VInicius, who would you honestly chose? and could you please not speak about "Hating" but just objectif data that show why you would chose Dembele over vinicius? and not subjective one like "all player can change" or "he can still be better".

Home of Barca Fans