Ousmane Dembélé

JamDav1982

Progressive carries does not specify whether this happens in a counter-attack or not.
Poor argument again.

Look at the Statsbomb profile above, and you have also your answer about open play assists.

Huge L again tonight for his haters

Same as usual.

Make nonsense claims and then shout 'Big L' when called out on them.

Fair disappeared when called out on your shite last night..then just ignore it.

Bobo32

Here is another gift to the haters:

Dembele's 20/21 Statsbomb profile
E3TImKMWQAA3uOF

"Eye test" says he does not dribble well -> reality says 96th percentile in successful dribbles
"Eye test" says he does not pass well-> reality says 90th percentile in passing
"eye test" says he does not get in the box enough -> reality says 94th percentile in touches in the box
"eye test" says he can't assist -> reality says 88th percentile in open play xG assisted

It is a nice gift to see you post like this. Your post initself the best argument against what you preach.
Just the way you phrased the bolded part, priceless. The other stats only show absolute numbers and he plays in Barcelona and is weighed against what they define as AM/W, so for example Cucurella I'd guess.
He dribbles 3,5 times per game and that is more than f.e Cucurella, congratulations!

Your stats here are retarded, but I don't want to dissect them but just confirm that the eye test works very well for those with eyes.

Birdy

It is a nice gift to see you post like this. Your post initself the best argument against what you preach.
Just the way you phrased the bolded part, priceless. The other stats only show absolute numbers and he plays in Barcelona and is weighed against what they define as AM/W, so for example Cucurella I'd guess.
He dribbles 3,5 times per game and that is more than f.e Cucurella, congratulations!

Your stats here are retarded, but I don't want to dissect them but just confirm that the eye test works very well for those with eyes.

He does not just dribble, he successfully dribbles 3.5 per game, which puts him in the 96th percentile.
You are familiar with stats, so you know that 96th percentile means.

Sorry, but the only thing that is retarded are 'arguments' here by his haters.

When the point is proven by the stats, just take the L and walk

JamDav1982

He does not just dribble, he successfully dribbles 3.5 per game, which puts him in the 96th percentile.

Good sign Birdy is speaking shite and knows it.

Starts handing out Ls.

Bobo32

Which doesn't say anything - I could play in Barcelona and I'd crush that stat if I just had that objective.
Dembele pretty much has that objective, he is supposed to dribble. Cucurella f.e is not.
Yes I'd expect anyone to know what 96th percentile is. If all stats were success% they'd say a bit more than they do now.
I was disappointed that you didn't answer me back in the other thread when we discussed xG by the way.

Birdy

Which doesn't say anything - I could play in Barcelona and I'd crush that stat if I just had that objective.
Dembele pretty much has that objective, he is supposed to dribble. Cucurella f.e is not.
Yes I'd expect anyone to know what 96th percentile is. If all stats were success% they'd say a bit more than they do now.

How the hell it does not say anything?
Especially in a team that no one apart from him, Messi and Fati can't dribble.

People some pages back were arguing that 'eye test' tells you he is not good at dribbling
It's these idiotic claims that I am countering

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

96th percentile talent. He only misses easy chances and dribbles onto defenders instead of away from them because it's Barcelona's fault. If it was a counter-attacking team, he would have had a hattrick!

Dembele progressing the ball and showing his eliteness helping the team in the process.

Rory

Those stats just confirm he’s often in the right position but just does nothing with it. Lots of touches in the box but nearly outscored by Fati who’s been injured all year and scored those goals as a 17/18 year old.

JamDav1982

Ah the time Birdy tried to use stats to show Braithwaite was best finisher at Barca

To no one has the Ebbe Skovdhal quote while Aberdeen manager been more appropriate.

Statistics are like miniskirts: They give you good ideas but hide the important things.

Birdy

96th percentile talent. He only misses easy chances and dribbles onto defenders instead of away from them because it's Barcelona's fault. If it was a counter-attacking team, he would have had a hattrick!

Thank you mr Strawman.
Except that no one said he is 96th percentile in finishing

Home of Barca Fans