Ousmane Dembélé

jairzinho

Find it weird the board are still offering him an extension. As soon as his agent started playing games we should have seized the opportunity to put him on the market in a player exchange or something like that. If we can get 30 million for Semedo i'm sure Dembele is worth at least 35-40 million, even with a year remaining.

Birdy

Muscle injuries, especially hamstring tears for footballers, are mostly due to weakness or fatigue building up.
It's not the case that a player will get a hamstring tear because some physio made him do "less physical preparation" acutely before the game.
In any case, coming off the bench, you are not guided through any physical preparation, but told to warm up on your own on the sideline, so it's Dembeles own fault if he wasn't properly warmed up.

Your claims:

1) Muscle injuries are due to weakness or fatigue
Not entirely true.
Muscle injuries can happen due to accumulation of playing time, condensed schedules etc
That has never been the case of Dembele.
He never got a muscle injury because he played a lot.
Last season was the inverse confirmation. He played a lot, and did not get any injury the whole of January, February, and March, when he was playing all the time

2)No player will get a hamstring tear because some physio made him do "less physical preparation" acutely before the game

I am not sure you know that the term 'physical preparation' does not apply to warming up before coming in a game.
It is a much wider term and applies to the kind of exercises the players do every day in training, on the pitch and in the gym.
It refers to stamina exercises, running, but also gym work, building muscle, it involves taking good care of your whole muscular system

3) It's Dembeles own fault if he wasn't properly warmed up

Ridiculous shit here.
You don't know that he wasn't properly warmed up.
You are making things up to put the blame on the player

At first I thought you were being sarcastic, but then I realized you weren't. Are you seriously blaming EV for Dembele being the most injury prone winger in the sport? That's ridiculous. The guy is injury prone, get over it. It's happened so many times that at the end of the day, you just gotta accept it. It is what it is, move on. These are professional athletes, they get consulting by trainers even outside of the team doctors. Their body is what gives them millions. lol at thinking that ONLY the team doctors and the coach are responsible for them.

Mate, look:
Some players are more injury-prone than others.
And Dembele's muscular system in particular is injury prone. He gets very easily torn in different ways.
Up to here I can agree with you.

Then, there is ton more nuance in it that you overlook.
Dembele didn't have a single muscular injury for 2 years at Rennes and Dortmund.
Then he didn't have a single muscular injury the whole 20-21 at Barca under Koeman.
On the contrary, for 3 years under Ernie he was being injured week in week out.
What changed from Dortmund to Barca, and what changed again from Ernie to Koeman? Think for youself.
You should be able to fill up the missing pieces and deduce that something happening under Valverde was causing Dembele's constant injuries

Or let me help you more: We know from reports that under Ernie the team was not doing any physical preparation. The training sessions were lasting fucking 20 minutes. Do you realize that? That's barely professional...
So, yes I ABSOLUTELY blame Ernie and his stuff for Dembele's condition those 3 years.

PS: The amount of BS I have read on this thread (like that Dembele at Dortmund did not like to play video games, nor did he like to eat junk food, it all suddenly started at Barca) is insane!
And it is just to shove responsibility off of Ernie's shoulders and put it all on the player himself.
Just because you guys hate him.
Ridiculous!

Morten

The most sensible solution for Barcelona would be to sell him this summer, while he is still young, relatively fit, you could get a decent fee for him still, even with just a year left of his contract.

Barcilliant

The most sensible solution for Barcelona would be to sell him this summer, while he is still young, relatively fit, you could get a decent fee for him still, even with just a year left of his contract.

Selling him is the best thing to do but who will buy him??
IMO no one!!
Clubs know he's injury prone and inconsistent. No club will be stupid enough to pay a fee when they can get him for free next season.

SG-7

I hope the staff who thought it was a good idea to get this clown along with coutinho and Griezmann have all been replaced. Never seen a more disjointed player playing for such a high club for so many seasons, while getting $$$. What a joke.

Home of Barca Fans