Ousmane Dembélé

vegitot

Neymar wasnt as good as in 15/16 as he had often seperate from the ball too late but duuude he was still unbelievable, his creativity was insane. He was the only who had performed well against PSG and Juventus at home. Juve had the best defence in the world in 2017 and this man has toyed with them.

He had a great match vs Juventus at home but was blocked by Alves in 0-3 loss.
He also hold the ball too long in that season, often made fans feel frustrated.

vegitot

And why was Alba limited? Because Neymar loved to hang on the sidelines, staying wide before dribbling into the box from the far side of the box.

That's nothing at all like Messi's "false winger, quasi midfielder" type role.

He was much more of a pure winger in 16/17 than 14/15 and 15/16 where he functioned more as a wide forward.

Winger with free role playmaker style. Nothing like a pure winger. Neymar from 14/15 to 15/16 played more as a direct winger who scored goals and dribble. Messi tends to move to centre more but both him and Neymar are similiar.

You mentioned Neymar style will not hurt the team. That is wrong, at least in 16/17 season, the worst season of MSN era.

Laplacian

Winger with free role playmaker style. Nothing like a pure winger. Neymar from 14/15 to 15/16 played more as a direct winger who scored goals and dribble. Messi tends to move to centre more but both him and Neymar are similiar.

You mentioned Neymar style will not hurt the team. That is wrong, at least in 16/17 season, the worst season of MSN era.

Yeah staying on the sidelines is the de facto free role style.

Lmfao.

vegitot

Lmao.

Mate, in case you were wondering, having a defined role and operating within specific spaces consistently throughout the season is pretty much the exact opposite of a free role.

Nothing to do with player style. Read my post when i said Neymar played with free role playmaker style.

Watch 2006 world cup again to see Ronaldinho.

behindbrowneyes

Always was a supporter of him, but let's be honest, 10 goals and 4 assists in 39 games is not a good outcome, especially when you keep in my mind how many great chances he had and didn't convert them into goals.

Undoubtedly he has made some steps forward under Koeman though. Like I said a month ago and someone brought up again a page before, it will be very hard to get someone better than him for whatever a club would pay for Dembele.

Quality wingers are rare and I don't see a club selling theirs for chump change.

Home of Barca Fans