Ousmane Dembélé

Horatio

You're welcome
Agreed. That form he was in back in dec to jan 18/19 was ridiculous. Crazy to think we're talking about the same player, I have no idea how his ability to dribble vanished considering he still has the same ridiculous acceleration and agility. It's like he just lost "it".

Guess at some point he decided to take less risk and interpreted the Barca style of play of one where you pass safely in final third, have to play the most calculated move resulting to overthinking things and only shoot at goal when there is a clear-cut chance.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Agreed. That form he was in back in dec to jan 18/19 was ridiculous. Crazy to think we're talking about the same player, I have no idea how his ability to dribble vanished considering he still has the same ridiculous acceleration and agility. It's like he just lost "it".

Wasn't bad at the start either. Had pretty good games against PSV , Tottenham. Several clutch moments in general ( goal against Atletico , Lyon etc). Unfortunately he has now had a full season of playtime and I don't think he ever reached that level imo ( was hoping he would as time went on). Just sell and move on.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Guess at some point he decided to take less risk and interpreted the Barca style of play of one where you pass safely in final third, have to play the most calculated move resulting to overthinking things and only shoot at goal when there is a clear-cut chance.

The philosophy of only taking a shot when there is a clear cut chance at goal is one of the most frustrating things about being a Barca fan...and this is since the Guardiola days.

Messi infuriates me to no end with this too. And this is one of the main reasons why it seems like he isn't trying in our CL humiliations...because we are getting bullied on the park and he simply won't take shots out of nowhere (the PSG one was a rarity in that sense).

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa

Thing is although I somewhat agree, his shooting for clear cut chances has even regreessed. Mentioned it before but he just isn't that same player anymore.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Good decision to leave him on the bench for 85 mins today. Imagine how many balls he would have miscontrolled at CF had he started against a low block

omidferoz

60-70 million bide from anyone and he should pack his thing and leave. Not good enough for barca. Even thou i want him to succed here he is just a bad fit. Need to play in a league and team that gives him alot of space.

FinBarcelonafan

60-70 million bide from anyone and he should pack his thing and leave. Not good enough for barca. Even thou i want him to succed here he is just a bad fit. Need to play in a league and team that gives him alot of space.

Dortmund to buy Dembele back and Liverpool Coutinho. Let's do it!

cro-man

I just dont care if he leaves as long as we get some good money and replace him with a decent winger. He barely changed over the past years. He is playing more save to cover his weakness but otherwise he is still the same. Forever stuck as kind of a youngster who fails to evolve.

Home of Barca Fans