Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

Laporta: "Next season we have to have a team to aspire to all the titles. That includes the Champions League."

Yeah, we will see buddy. Those rumors especially from reliable reporters paint a different picture.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Laporta: "Next season we have to have a team to aspire to all the titles. That includes the Champions League."

Yeah, we will see buddy. Those rumors especially from reliable reporters paint a different picture.

:rofl1:

unless Bumsquats and Alba are leaving we are in for another humiliation. talk about delusional.

Catta

FBs are the clubs biggest weakness, and they plan to fix it with old bums like Azpi and Alonso. I wonder who will humiliate us next season.

This summer looks like it could be the worst one in decades. Even last season when we lost Messi, it didn't feel as bad as this one does. Literally no single target gives me hope for a better future.

Joan

This summer looks like it could be the worst one in decades. Even last season when we lost Messi, it didn't feel as bad as this one does. Literally no single target gives me hope for a better future.

I was mildly optimistic before they started throwing names at us. Plenty of players who would improve us. But damn, each new target sounds worse than the previous one.

serghei

:lol:

Watch out for De Bruyne and Trent Alexander Arnold.

serghei

Fixed it.

And again: this is the predicament of a club which lets the coach identity transfer targets,
instead of a proper recruitment team based on analytics

What are you talking about? In charge of transfers are Alemany for the sporting side, and Laporta for the financial side of it. Not Xavi. Xavi is one of the ones who contribute but the final say is not his. There are rumors that he wants Kounde. Remains to be seen if the club can get him or not.

Gaya, Kounde, Christensen, Azpi would be good for defensive improvements. Get rid of Lenglet, Alves, and Mingueza.

In the end, the club has to find ways to sign a top young CB like Kounde.

Dest/Azpi for RB

Araujo/Christensen + Kounde/Pique for CB

Gaya/Alba for LB.

That is not bad at all.

Midfield is not doing badly. If you can get Soler for Puig + Kessie to relieve Busi of a good chunk of games, that is good too. Keep De Jong though.

Attack is the weak point. But Raphinha instead of Dembele is good. If Fati stays healthy that is not doing too badly either. Only weak part is Aubameyang which is a B level striker compared with the other top sides of Europe. And Stegen obviously, but not much to do about that.

If Lewa is signed too, attack improves a lot for the near future.

Imo, we are linked with many names. Some are clearly low-cost, some are potentially big-money deals. It all depends on the finances. Kounde, Lewandowski, Raphinha are very very interesting names that would elevate this team for sure.

The problem is we need to come up with some 150m to get Lewa, Kounde, and Raphina done. Possibly even a bit more. Where do we get the greens without selling Frenkie is the big question of the summer. If you have an answer for that, and we do indeed get the money to fund the deals we need, it's gonna be a good summer. If not, it's gonna be another low-cost summer.

You guys get stuck in such silly details... Of course Xavi would prefer Kounde next to some cheapo veteran. But it's worth fuck all if you can't get near Kounde because Sevilla will surely ask some 70m for him.

Last edited:

Joan

What are you talking about? In charge of transfers are Alemany for the sporting side, and Laporta for the financial side of it. Not Xavi. Xavi is one of the ones who contribute but the final say is not his. There are rumors that he wants Kounde. Remains to be seen if the club can get him or not.

Obviously nobody thinks Xavi is in charge of the financial side of our transfers. What the club seems to lack is a true sporting director, like Overmars was for Ajax, Zorc for Dortmund or Monchi for Sevilla. Alemany deals with financial aspects, Cruyff has some kind of an advisory role but most of targeting has been linked to Xavi since he arrived. Ferran and Adama, he asked for Morata but that wasn’t possible so the club struck a deal for Auba etc.

JamDav1982

Xavi has by far the biggest say in transfers and who the targets are.. doesnt mean club can afford them all.. he then has most input on the next signing they can afford.

Usual.. try to distance Xavi from them to avoid criticism.

Barcilliant

🤣 Laporta is out of touch with reality. This squad can barely challenge for EL even with all the rumoured signings.

Barcilliant

60m is Valenchia starting position. So 30m each.

Both contracts are up in 2023 so they don't have much leverage as they have no chance they renew. Even less leverage if Gaya and Soler have agreed in principle to join Barca.

Valencia are also suffering more than us financially as they don't have the income streams to increase that we have, so it's unlikely they can secure any good sales on expiring players.

Part of me hopes the Marcos Alonso link is to put pressure on the Gaya transfer fee. Though if Xavi truely wants him then I question his long term commitment to a project.

Lastly lol at Peter Lim baby boy being part of the nego. I wonder if Alemanys gave him a rattle and a dummy.

Soler will just turn out to be another Gomes/Arda/Valencia striker we signed can't remember his name lol
I'm just amazed at how poor our scouting is. There are ALOT of good players out there waiting to be discovered.

Home of Barca Fans