Barca Transfers and Rumors

FinBarcelonafan

20m for Alonso and Azpilicueta

faint-fainting.gif

True.. Chelsea fans don't rate Alonso at all and would want him gone. They should pay us to take him.

We should not give Alonso extension either.

Azpi I can understand paying something, he is their captain after all. Throw nominal fee.

Temptation

True.. Chelsea fans don't rate Alonso at all and would want him gone. They should pay us to take him.

We should not give Alonso extension either.

Azpi I can understand paying something, he is their captain after all. Throw nominal fee.

He'll suit the La Liga more.

He's shite defensively but has great technique and physicality. He's a wing back. You have to allow him to get forward.

If you sign Azpi(a defensive RB) then that can give Alonso more chances to get forward and into the box.

Messi983

Alonso makes absolutely no sense to me. I could get behind signing Azpi for a reasonable price (5m tops) for his personality as we clearly lack leadership he could provide but there are younger and better alternatives in a similar price range to Alonso, we should sign one of them.

MTL_Barca

Not that 10M for an okay player are that crazy, but idk wouldn't sit well with me to pay Chelsea 20M for two old fullbacks.

Azpi maybe because he'd probably play regularly but not Alonso who would just ride the bench anyway.

JamDav1982

Fire off Nico and Balde on loan for season to Celta and ask for Galan in return on loan... assuming they dont need to sell him that type of deal could suit both sides.

Young players get experience and Barca get cover at LB.

Never as easy as that but could be trying to use leverage of young players that need loans to try and get in more experienced back up in similar deals.

Porque

[Goal] Santos refuses ?20 million offer from Newcastle United for the 17 years old winger Angelo Gabriel.

This is the guy we have an option on, right?

That's the guy. If they sign he can't move till Winter market as turns 18 in December iirc.

Watched a game of him, will watch another tonight. Not the finished product and looked a bit out of form. Feel if Raphinha price gets crazy we can consider Dembele for 2 and getting this guy in. Very high potential.

Siu.

I've also read yesterday we've offered 10m (including variables) for Andrey Santos.

And here is the original source (Globo). The offer was rejected as Vasco are still trying to renew.

Vasco 's holder and elected Craque do Jogo in the draw with Sport on Sunday, Andrey Santos sees his appreciation increase as he accumulates games and good performances for the main team. Among the main players interested in the 18-year-old midfielder, Barcelona recently raised the bid and signaled that it would be willing to pay up to ?10 million, but the offer has not been taken forward.

The official proposal arrived last week in the hands of the managers who take care of the player's career, but did not arouse interest, because Barcelona's plan was to initially take Andrey to the B team. The Catalan club offered ? 6 million (R$ 33.2 million). million) and a further ?4 million (R$22.1 million) in contractual targets and triggers. The business ceiling could reach R$ 55.3 million, therefore.

10m is a good offer, but obviously if Vasco can promote and renew him, their price could double or even triple.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

20m helll nooo, we can find a up & coming FB somewhere in the world for that kinda money.

Not even 20M. Grimaldo is available for just 7M this summer! Would be more than a good enough backup and would even challenge Alba for the starting spot. Gaya also didn't extend his deal with Valencia yet, even though he was close to it back in January already, but it just didn't happen. Don't really know what's going on there. He seems to be very loyal to them and he's their captain, but they're in an even bigger financial hole than us and they need money asap (can't even afford to renew him? or did he change his mind about staying, cause it's his last chance to go and play in a big club?).

We could probably get him for as little as 15M. He'd be my first choice, cause he's way more solid defensively and would displace Alba right away, I think. Grimaldo 2nd, cause he's a bargain and still good enough. Don't know why we keep pining for these 30+ year olds (Alonso, Tagliafico) and not go with a 27-year old, who is entering his prime years and can give us at least 5 good years, while putting pressure on Alba right away. Cause the likes of Alonso and Tagliafico simply won't be able to do that and will only be there to provide rest to Alba, which is not good enough.

Porque

Don't think they would travel for small deals like Azpilonso.

Only plausible reason is that they are negotiating to buy 15% of our TV rights.

Messi983

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly wanted to schedule meeting with Barcelona to know them in person and discuss of many topics. Bar?a ask for Marcos Alonso & Azpilicueta after personal terms agreed ���� #FCB

Bar?a don’t want to pay too high fee as both are out of contract next year. #CFC

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1545115146644848641

Trying to sell them Memphis too.
@porteranunez: "Bar?a have tried to get Chelsea interested in another Dutchman, besides Frenkie de Jong."

https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1545124288457424896

Home of Barca Fans