Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

What do Daka, Haaland and Adeyemi have in common? All got signed by RBS. Maybe we should hire their scouts, not Leicester's :thinking:

It's not just Salzburg scouts, it's a whole Red Bull network with multiple teams around the world that Ralf Rangnick has set up over the last decade. They don't just develop players but coaches too. Jesse Marsch was at NYRB then a season at RB Leipzig as assistant coach before spending last two seasons in Salzburg and now returning to Leipzig.

It's all extremely well organized so just hiring a few Salzburg scouts to Barca wouldn't do much. Now if we could get Rangnick and give him free hands, time and money that would be another story. But we need to keep in mind that Barca in his core is still a buying club expected to win titles every season not a developing and selling club like RB teams.

Also, don't think Barca's scouts are that bad anyway. It's more a problem of Sporting Department who make final decisions about which players we sign than scouts not doing their job.

serghei

Also, don't think Barca's scouts are that bad anyway. It's more a problem of Sporting Department who make final decisions about which players we sign than scouts not doing their job.

For sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the President is the one calling the shots in the end with transfers, with less autonomy to the director of football or technical director than one might believe. And probably the manager's input, the guy who's actually supposed to use the player that is signed, is disregarded almost completely.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
It's not just Salzburg scouts, it's a whole Red Bull network with multiple teams around the world that Ralf Rangnick has set up over the last decade. They don't just develop players but coaches too. Jesse Marsch was at NYRB then a season at RB Leipzig as assistant coach before spending last two seasons in Salzburg and now returning to Leipzig.

It's all extremely well organized so just hiring a few Salzburg scouts to Barca wouldn't do much. Now if we could get Rangnick and give him free hands, time and money that would be another story. But we need to keep in mind that Barca in his core is still a buying club expected to win titles every season not a developing and selling club like RB teams.

Bayern has a network of 17 clubs.

behindbrowneyes

I know man. I'm Austrian and know a lot about Red Bull. Already wrote a longer post somewhere that I want that Barca introduces something similar in the whole club. Anyway, nice post!

Don't think that scouts are bad either. I also do think that Ramon Planes did a good job. He was the man behind the signings of Pedri and Araujo. It doesn't take much to sign expensive guys like Frenkie De Jong or Griezmann if you have the funds. Signing players like Pedri and Araujo who make it into the first team and become actual starters for the club is an art. Gavi coming into the first team also was a suggestion by Ramon Planes. After Bartomeu was gone I wanted the club to build a whole new sporting department and kick out all of Bartomeu's people bar Ramon Planes. This guy seems to know a few things about football.

khaled_a_d

Bayern has a network of 17 clubs.

Can you elaborate?

Rangnick is 63, I think you need to get your own guy rather than look to hire someone who did well before.

I think the farming system they have is the most important factor.
Being an elite talent that is detained for big clubs, doesn't mean you can join big club as a teenager either.
Would Adeyami be such a hot prospect if he accepted Kluivert offer to join us for his buyout clause? possible but highly unlikely.
Would Yussef Demir be in better position development wise if we owned a club in Switzerland or Eredevise and loaned him there? I think odds are better than current situation. I don't think a reserve team and big first team is ideal for developing talents.
I wonder at times what would be the cost of buying few clubs around the globe? like let's say a club in each of Switzerland, Uruguay, Argentina, Morocco for example. I would bet we can get them all for less than 10M combined :lol:

Messigician

Ansu Fati rejected PSG to renew for Bar?a. They offered him a 30M signing bonus, as well as a net salary of 15M per season.

? @mundodeportivo

Messigician

Koulibaly [Napoli Defender]: ?If I ever decide to leave Napoli, I would only do it for two - maximum three teams. I?m referring to Pep?s Manchester City, Real Madrid & maximum Barcelona? @areanapoliit

What did he mean by this

FinBarcelonafan

Koulibaly [Napoli Defender]: ?If I ever decide to leave Napoli, I would only do it for two - maximum three teams. I?m referring to Pep?s Manchester City, Real Madrid & maximum Barcelona? @areanapoliit

What did he mean by this

If he left Napoli he would only play for those three teams

Home of Barca Fans