Barca Transfers and Rumors

Arizona Scott

Age is just a number nowadays... look at Federer and even 41yr old Mannie Paq...

Fact is Suarez is done and we’re basically carrying him

Suarez has been a way better all around player than Ibra, and still is. Not many players have scored more tha Suarez the last 3 years and even though he isn't close to his peak--and he does more than score too (great chemistry with Messi). You can't find 5 better #9s in the world to play in the Barca system than him and those that might be able to do the role would be 150mil+ players.

I think with more help in the forward line and the ability to rest/fix any minor knee issues midseason if necc--e.g., Griezmann, we are going to see a very effetive Suarez in april/may.

Zidane82

Suarez has been a way better all around player than Ibra, and still is. Not many players have scored more tha Suarez the last 3 years and even though he isn't close to his peak--and he does more than score too (great chemistry with Messi). You can't find 5 better #9s in the world to play in the Barca system than him and those that might be able to do the role would be 150mil+ players.

I think with more help in the forward line and the ability to rest/fix any minor knee issues midseason if necc--e.g., Griezmann, we are going to see a very effetive Suarez in april/may.

Suarez was fabulous for a couple of years at Liverpool.. absolutely unplayable at times but Ibra has been constantly brilliant thoughout his career..watched him the other night looking as strong and fit as ever .
Scored another worldy that no keeper on the planet would have stopped ( perfect hat trick - header , left foot , right foot )

raskolnikov

Suarez was fabulous for a couple of years at Liverpool.. absolutely unplayable at times but Ibra has been constantly brilliant thoughout his career..watched him the other night looking as strong and fit as ever .
Scored another worldy that no keeper on the planet would have stopped ( perfect hat trick - header , left foot , right foot )
When it comes to best striker of the era its betweeen Suarez, Ibra, Aguero or Lewa.
For me its Suarez-Ibra-Aguero-Lewandowski.

Suarez is the only one that leveled Messi/Ronaldo output at the highest level. Ibra’s main point is his longetivity but Suarez is better overall for me.

Zidane82

When it comes to best striker of the era its betweeen Suarez, Ibra, Aguero or Lewa.
For me its Suarez-Ibra-Aguero-Lewandowski.

Suarez is the only one that leveled Messi/Ronaldo output at the highest level. Ibra’s main point is his longetivity but Suarez is better overall for me.

It’s all about opinion ..

Ibra was constantly being mentioned as a top 5 even top 3 player throughout his career but I don’t recall Suarez or the others having that .

khaled_a_d

Will we make any big sales at all this transfer window?

Depends on your definition of big.
EPL transfer window ends on 8th of August. So if we are hoping to sell someone there we have less than 2 weeks to do so. Tik tok
OTOH we might be including players in deal for Neymar if it ever happens.
But there is probably no other team outside of PSG & EPL who will buy big from us. At best we will sell Rafinha/Vidal or loan someone etc

serghei

Doubt we would sell anyone for a big fee, and I am not sure we should rush it. Some of our talented players are better than their last season's level. It's like selling a stock when a price is low at a massive loss. You don't really do that.

Nobody seems willing to pay 100m+ for Coutinho. And under that we'd be idiots to sell him.

And Rakitic won't want to move from Barcelona as long as he knows the manager loves him and he can still be a starter.

So, basically most of the players we'd want to sell have 1-2 problems that are stopping a possible deal. Be it injury record, past season form, the fact that they won't want to move, or asking price.

I wouldn't be mad with a big squad filled with talents.

Is Coutinho, Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele and Malcom that much different than

Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane?

If they can rotate between 6 quality strikers/forwards/attacking midfielders/wingers, why can't we?

Last edited:

Zidane82

Doubt we would sell anyone for a big fee, and I am not sure we should rush it. Some of our talented players are better than their last season's level. It's like selling a stock when a price is low at a massive loss. You don't really do that.

Nobody seems willing to pay 100m+ for Coutinho. And under that we'd be idiots to sell him.

And Rakitic won't want to move from Barcelona as long as he knows the manager loves him and he can still be a starter.

So, basically most of the players we'd want to sell have 1-2 problems that are stopping a possible deal. Be it injury record, past season form, the fact that they won't want to move, or asking price.

Is Coutinho, Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele and Malcom that much different than

If they can rotate between 6 quality strikers/forwards/attacking midfielders/wingers, why can't we?
Well for a start they aren’t carrying deadwood like Roberto and Rakitic..

LordLichtenstein

Dembélé - Griezmann - Messi

Coutinho - De Jong - Arthur

Alba - Lenglet - Piqué - Semedo

Ter Stegen

If Coutinho ends up staying, I would love for Valverde to try out the above formation.

Arizona Scott

I agree with most everything. However I would be in favor of selling Malcom now because I think he will get no PT and he was a fresh move so we have a good chance to get our last summers fee back, maybe a little more or a little less. He will be behind both Dembele and Coutinho who themselves are fighting from the outside looking in. Coutinho is coming off a nice national team run so I was hoping that would have got him some run.

Another factor I truly believe in this is the Chelsea ban this summer. That was perhaps the most likley Coutinho destination and it certainly left a little less market for big buying clubs be in Cou, Rakitic, Malcom. They well could be a big player again next summer whether it is to fortify for another multi tier campaign with CL or if not in the CL 20-21 to try to be more relevant for that campaign.

I would have liked to see if Pep/City would have taken on Busi's wages and a nice fee there--but I think that ship sailed unless Fernandino and Rodri are very dissappointing this year. I think the board/fans have been an obstacle.

Last edited:

xXKonan

MD/ESPN claim Matteo Darmian is considered an option for the LB spot.

Man, I hope not, considering he wasn't good enough to be a backup option at United and his style of play would stick out here as he's a defensive fullback.

Home of Barca Fans