Barca Transfers and Rumors

jamrock

Nice little article on Kvara and why all of Europe bar porque & Napoli ofc missed on him, but also about scouting in general in ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/sports/soccer/...essons-rise-napoli-star-khvicha-kvaratskhelia

"I don't think anyone could have predicted quite how well he would do in Serie A, or how quickly he would adapt," said Tim Keech, one of the co-founders of MRKT Insights, a data and scouting consultancy that works with clubs all across the world"

Small take away but overall good read.

Birdy

Inigo for Garcia will not happen because it will be the stupidest transfer ever

Garcia is 22 Inigo is 32, and past it. Happy to take Inigo over Marcos Alonso as the 5th choice CB with left foot, but Marcos renewed recently

vuji_31

Inigo for Garcia will not happen because it will be the stupidest transfer ever

Garcia is 22 Inigo is 32, and past it. Happy to take Inigo over Marcos Alonso as the 5th choice CB with left foot, but Marcos renewed recently

What are you talking about, we will get some cash for player that is not playing, get another player who is older but better, who will be happy on the bench and be rotation.

Garcia was shit every game he played.

Birdy

What are you talking about, we will get some cash for player that is not playing, get another player who is older but better, who will be happy on the bench and be rotation.

Garcia was shit every game he played.

He is not better.
He was better some 7 8 years ago.
Inigo is done and is coming for the last 5min of games where we have the lead, like Marcos is doing now

When Christensen is out injured, Eric to start the game any day of the week over Inigo

vuji_31

He is not better.
He was better some 7 8 years ago.
Inigo is done and is coming for the last 5min of games where we have the lead, like Marcos is doing now

When Christensen is out injured, Eric to start the game any day of the week over Inigo
We saw how good Eric is, costed us CL with his games against Inter, and costed us a goal every game we played....

This guy is shit, we will make plusvalenza on him and call it a good day.

Total-Football

Yes. another "he has experience in laliga" type of signing (yawn).a tradition that tragically started with the signing of dumb ans dumber (arda and vidal).this club never learns. We go with the safest routes which in return lead to very unsafe endings.

Porque

Well let's see what happens first. I think the success of Christensen and to a lesser extent Kessie should have hopefully gone a long way to dispel the LaLiga experience myth.

vuji_31

It is simple.

You have scale.

On one side you got Eric, unsatisfied, proved to be bad in Europe, everytime he plays we concede goal, he is not satisfied with being on the bench, we can sell him in our most desperate time ever.
On other side you got Inigo, decent la liga CB, better for next 2 years then Eric, will be satisfied on the bench, left footed, coming for free...
Problem could be that of board gives him too long contract but let's hope they are not crazy and contract will be 2+1 or something like that.

If you can't see that is better to have on the bench Inigo then Eric then I can't help you.

We need to chose between two poisons so pick carefully...

khaled_a_d

Atleti in for Inigo so I don't expect Inigo to be on a low wage. 6-7m-ish, which is Malonso/Eric range. He is already on around 5m @ Bilbao.

I said it before, but our main issue under new rules is contract length rather than salary.
If Inigo is accepting 1 +1 deal, even on bigger wage, then he is more feasible than Ndicka.
Loans, players who can be registered with Barca B and older free agents who will accept short contracts, will be the way to go in summer.
Unless we actually save 200M in salary cap.

Porque

Leverkusen have signed Brazilian Arthur Augusto for 7m.

You may recall that we were interested in him in January along with that other Brazilian who was in a reserve team and Julian Araujo (who we signed).

Was going to post that we should have gone for Arthur out of the three a few days ago before this move went through.

Reason? Established himself as starter for Atletico MG subsequent to being starter at the U20 Sudamerica and got a Brazil callup.

Can't help we got this one wrong, and all for 3m difference.

Iniesta Ultra

Leverkusen have signed Brazilian Arthur Augusto for 7m.

You may recall that we were interested in him in January along with that other Brazilian who was in a reserve team and Julian Araujo (who we signed).

Was going to post that we should have gone for Arthur out of the three a few days ago before this move went through.

Reason? Established himself as starter for Atletico MG subsequent to being starter at the U20 Sudamerica and got a Brazil callup.

Can't help we got this one wrong, and all for 3m difference.

par for course

Messi983

His name is a big enough reason to stay away from him. Would rather take a punt on another Araujo than another Arthur tbh. :lol:

Messi983

I believe Julian will surprise some people if given a chance next year.

Don't know anything about that Brazilian kid but I think Leverkusen bought him with more than likely Frimpong's sale this summer in mind. He's surely out of our price range though and probably not a profile of RB Xavi is looking for anyway.

Last edited:

Messi983

Villarreal have signed Ferrari!

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1642784245495238656

2,5m fee apparently. Another cheap Uruguayan striker coming to La Liga, will be interesting to see how he'll develop.

5 goals and 2 assists in 8 games this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andre...ls/spieler/973805/wettbewerb/URU1/saison/2022

As said before I think we should really focus on Uruguay who have produced some interesting players in recent years and they are not as overhyped and expensive as comparable Brazilian (and to a lesser extent Argentinian) talents.

Home of Barca Fans