Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

Isn't Foyth a converted CB anyways? And if he is not, he plays like one.

Got enough of those at RB with Araujo and Kounde.
Looks good for Villarreal because of Emery's system which helps hides his flaws.

Here he would stick out like a sore thumb. Dude is not a real proper RB, just a CB who happens to play RB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If these really are our only options then I lowkey hope Dest does a Frenkie and refuses to leave :lol:

Foyth would basically be an Argentine Araujo for us, just a bit better on the ball, but with the same flaws as a RB and without the great recovery speed.

jamrock

Just got fifa 23. First things I did

Sold
Lewa
Busquets
Alba
Dest.

Brought in
Theo
Reese James
Rodri

Crushing it now.

Laporta should hire me.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This is also what happens when you put all your eggs in the basket for fucking Azpilicueta as well.

We worked on him at the end of last year and they thought he was a sure-fire thing he'll join that we didn't have any real alternatives. That list just reeks of being clobbered together in a short amount of time, full of names that everyone knows about and all of them are pretty much not good enough for this team.

Agree. Alemany et al have been having the best transfer window we've experienced at the club (Still not finished, mind you) but some miscalculations entered into the Azpi equation it would seem. It appears it wasn't managed well - either the player got cold feet, the timing of the registrations raised doubts or Chelsea went all in with a contract improvement but it was taken for granted by Barca that his arrival was guaranteed

As for alternatives, tbf, there aren't any - there aren't any low cost veteran RBs that could slot into a Xavi side much less a leader like him

Last edited:

Porque

It's hard to have alternatives when the manager doesn't want them. Take midfield for example, it is Bernardo or no one. Xavi doesn't want a Carles Soler as am alternative.

Which is fine when you have plenty of depth in midfield like we do right now. But it sucks when you don't like fullback targets being Malonso and Azpi of all people.

Andresito

Staff member
It's hard to have alternatives when the manager doesn't want them. Take midfield for example, it is Bernardo or no one. Xavi doesn't want a Carles Soler as am alternative.

Which is fine when you have plenty of depth in midfield like we do right now. But it sucks when you don't like fullback targets being Malonso and Azpi of all people.
[MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION]

Birdy

JUST IN: Frimpong, Wan-Bissaka, Foyth, Diogo Dalot and Meunier are shortlisted in Bar?a?s list to strengthen the RB position.

Among all names in this list, Foyth/Meunier are the favorites to come.
@gerardromero

More: Barcelona believe Villarreal will ask for around ?25M for Foyth, while Meunier would cost between ?10M-?12M.
@gerardromero
#Transfers

Christ the only RB that I would be good with is Frimpong, the rest stink.

Don't have an opinion on Frimpong and Foyth, as I haven't watched them.
Meunier was a technical and good RB, but he is more than done.
The rest of the list is ridiculous and clownish work :clown:

Xavi not rating Dest, while he is three times better than most options in that list...
If Dest is trusted by his coach, he is good enough to start 90% of our games at RB, baring the few special games like vs Vinicius

PS: The Azpli plan was wrong to begin with.
Azpli is done and close to retirement, watch out this season he is not gonna be a starter at Chelsea.
Having both Alba and Azpli, would kill us in games against top opposition.
Having only Alba is still bad, but more manageable

vuji_31

Wan-Bissaka is probbaly worst player ever going forward. Bob is Dani Alves for him. Ten Haag is selling this guy and we want to buy him LOL.
Foyth is more centre back then right back, he is shit going forward.
Meunier is done for almost 3 years.
Frimpong?? Wtf is even this?
Dalot is not better then Dest, no way.

Options are shit, I would rather play Roberto then anyone from this list.

khaled_a_d

Don't have an opinion on Frimpong and Foyth, as I haven't watched them.
Meunier was a technical and good RB, but he is more than done.
The rest of the list is ridiculous and clownish work :clown:

Xavi not rating Dest, while he is three times better than most options in that list...
If Dest is trusted by his coach, he is good enough to start 90% of our games at RB, baring the few special games like vs Vinicius

PS: The Azpli plan was wrong to begin with.
Azpli is done and close to retirement, watch out this season he is not gonna be a starter at Chelsea.
Having both Alba and Azpli, would kill us in games against top opposition.
Having only Alba is still bad, but more manageable

The market barely have a ready RB.
You either fet a young lad and rake the risk, or a stop gap,or an overpay for someone else.
Best young lads are likes of Malo Gusto (he is perfect for Xavi inverted fullback since he was a midfielder in early youth career) and Porro but they are gambles like Desr and it doesn't seem that Xavi likes that.
Foyth numbers are very defensive, it is wild tbh.
He will be basically another Araujo as RB, Frimpong is another Dest, Dutch, same age and basically loves to dribble in crowd aimlessly.
The profiles of the players is weird.
Fir example at CB, we were linked to Koulibaly, Kounde, Lisandro who were all athletic and good with the ball. At LB it was always a Spanish veterans who is good with the ball, at CF it was always a true 9 like Halaand, Lewandowski and Nunez. There was always a common profile/attributes with this players.
The 5 names from Romero are just random

Birdy

I ran a comparison of all our 'shortlisted' RBs with one another and with Dest.
Here are the results (all stats per 90 min):

PART I

ATTACKING

(non-penatly)xG/90
Dest 0.09
Meunier 0.08
Dalot 0.03
Frimpong 0.03
Foyth 0.02
AWB 0.01

xA/90
Frimpong 0.18