Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messigician

Dani Alves (free agent): "If Bar?a need me, they just have to call me. I still think I can contribute anywhere, but especially at Bar?a because of the number of young players they have now." [via eldesmarque]

Bobo32

Dani Alves (free agent): "If Bar?a need me, they just have to call me. I still think I can contribute anywhere, but especially at Bar?a because of the number of young players they have now." [via eldesmarque]

Ayay, it would instantly improve Barcelonas worst position, and wouldn't he even be available to be registered immediately? It would be great!

2022 winter window in: Alves, Thiago, Bernardo Silva, and you have a great team!

Porque

I don't know how much Dani Alves can give at the highest level and in a conjested season. But I am sure he can still add his character and winning mentality.

Still, not really needed.

Bobo32

I don't know how much Dani Alves can give at the highest level and in a conjested season. But I am sure he can still add his character and winning mentality.

Still, not really needed.

Don't you agree that Dest is on about 20% of Alves level?
Sure, Alves could have difficulty playing all 30 games left, and he'd surely be on rotation by default just by his age, but when he plays he adds crossing, technique and tiqui-tacos on top of character and winning mentality.
I think the RB is the position most in need of improvement.

Bobo32

Alves is 38 and he captained the team that won the Olympics just two months ago, beating in the final the spanish team that included 7 players that also played in the Euros.
He wouldn't be signed on a 5+1 contract, but would probably be content with a low wage and some performance bonuses, adding quality from the bench. He doesn't seem to be very old physically.

ajnotkeith

Sure, Alves could have difficulty playing all 30 games left, and he'd surely be on rotation by default just by his age, but when he plays he adds crossing, technique and tiqui-tacos on top of character and winning mentality.

20%? I don't think he's better at all. I'm sure his character can help with lifting morale and maybe help the kids out.

Porque

Well, apart from the Olympics I have no idea how is level is right now. He was fine there but the pace wasn't exactly high.

I was an advocat of keeping Alves until mid thirties a decade back, but now I think the ship has sailed. Wouldn't touch a late thirties player unless it was... Cronaldo.

Richard.H

As much as it pains me to say, a 40 year old Dani Alves could probably contribute more to this team than Dest. I am not saying Dest won't improve, but his current level is only good for bottom half La Liga teams. He gets wrecked against any decent team.

ajnotkeith

The Sao Paulo fans despise him. He had a massive contract but didn't play that well for them, left mid-season to play the Olympics and sued the club for missed wages when they were struggling in the pandemic.

By the second season there he wasn't even an important player anymore and often got rotated. He would be a disaster here at 38 years old obv, full-back is the youngest position on the pitch for good reason, his level right now is more 2nd division.

Home of Barca Fans