Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My sources are telling me Pogba, Gaya and de Ligt are going to be Barca's priority targets if they are able to sell Griezmann, Coutinho and others. #MysticAK

FinBarcelonafan

My sources are telling me Pogba, Gaya and de Ligt are going to be Barca's priority targets if they are able to sell Griezmann, Coutinho and others. #MysticAK

Pogba? United fans keep complaining about him. He doesn't fit anywhere in the roster. Liability defensively too.

I hope we are not after Pogba.

iniestaGOAT

De ligt, gaya, emerson (idk how good he is but if he is better than the defenders we have) all of a sudden a solid backline. Also assuming Araujo comes good.

get rid of ter clown and we start keeping clean sheets while mess handles the attack by himself for one more year

:boss:

Andresito

Staff member
De ligt, gaya, emerson (idk how good he is but if he is better than the defenders we have) all of a sudden a solid backline. Also assuming Araujo comes good.

get rid of ter clown and we start keeping clean sheets while mess handles the attack by himself for one more year

:boss:

Gaya and MdL are at least 100M combined. Idk where Laporta's going to find that kind of money.

Messi983

Because why wouldn't you replace Lenglet with the Spanish version of him :lol:

I think he's faster and also not as prone to mistakes. Would clearly be an improvement over Lenglet and don't even need to talk about Umtiti. I long thought Lenglet is just going through a bad period and will eventually return in better form but at this point I believe he's mentally broken and will never recover. So if we could sell him for around 30m and get Pau for the same money I'd seriously consider that. But with United interested I doubt Villarreal will sell for anything less than 50m and for that money (if we'd even be able to invest as much in a CB) there are surely better alternatives.

What I'll never understand is why we're so set to have two left-footed CBs which clearly limits our options on the market. All of this after we've had a lot of success having two right-footed CBs (Marquez-Puyol, Pique-Puyol and Pique-Masche) playing together for years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he's faster and also not as prone to mistakes. Would clearly be an improvement over Lenglet and don't even need to talk about Umtiti. I long thought Lenglet is just going through a bad period and will eventually return in better form but at this point I believe he's mentally broken and will never recover. So if we could sell him for around 30m and get Pau for the same money I'd seriously consider that. But with United interested I doubt Villarreal will sell for anything less than 50m and for that money (if we'd even be able to invest as much in a CB) there are surely better alternatives.

What I'll never understand is why we're so set to have two left-footed CBs which clearly limits our options on the market. All of this after we've had a lot of success having two right-footed CBs (Marquez-Puyol, Pique-Puyol and Pique-Masche) playing together for years.

I actually think Lenglet is more athletic based on what I've seen of Pau.

But anyway, Lenglet was not error prone for Sevilla. Playing at Barca is a whole new level of pressure with the spotlight on you. I don't mind paying 10-15m on players with a high ceiling and taking gambles or bets that way, but I'm done with the 35-50m signings for players that need to prove themselves and aren't regarded as great talents such as a Sergio Ramos or Rio Ferdinand was back in the days.

Give me a CB that has proven he's great and can play well under pressure in the CL. I know it's a tough ask given our circumstances, but I'm just done with these type of signings.

We need more quality. Immediate quality at CB.

The left-footed CB obsession is indeed too much even though I get the logic.

khaled_a_d

With Manu, RM, Barca interested, there is no way Pau going to cost less than 40M,if not 50M
At this point, I would prefer to save the cash for a better profile type of player, even if next year

That said, I think Pau will be perfect for a team like Atletico
By no mean he is a bad player

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think Lenglet generally is that bad. He just makes too many match defining mistakes. He'd look solid at a team like Atleti. No way Savic and Felipe are better than him.
Hope we can get some money for him, but don't think he'll be sold before 2022.

Last edited:

Messi983

I actually think Lenglet is more athletic based on what I've seen of Pau.

But anyway, Lenglet was not error prone for Sevilla. Playing at Barca is a whole new level of pressure with the spotlight on you. I don't mind paying 10-15m on players with a high ceiling and taking gambles or bets that way, but I'm done with the 35-50m signings for players that need to prove themselves and aren't regarded as great talents such as a Sergio Ramos or Rio Ferdinand was back in the days.

Give me a CB that has proven he's great and can play well under pressure in the CL. I know it's a tough ask given our circumstances, but I'm just done with these type of signings.

We need more quality. Immediate quality at CB.

The left-footed CB obsession is indeed too much even though I get the logic.

Who would you suggest?

I think we'll just have to take a risk again and hope for the best, there is no proven and realistically available CB we can get.

We've signed Umtiti before he had a "breakthrough" for France NT at Euro 2016, let's hope we can do something similar this season.

Home of Barca Fans