Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

@Messi983, I prefer a more mobile, quicker and dynamic midfielder if we're trying to sign a CDM/B2B MF.

I think he's quite mobile. Certainly much better than a current version of Busi and I'd say he's faster than Nico Gonzalez as well. Obviously wouldn't overpay for him but if available for a good money wouldn't mind him.

Barca under any President was never going to pay what City had to for Dias. That simply has never been the model by which Barca build a team, spending big on a central defender

We have Mingueza, Araujo, Pique & Garcia. Umtiti & Lenglet will be gone which means at best, there is room for 1 to eventually be part of the 4 man rotation once Pique leaves - Jorge Cuenca still has a buyback option

If we were going to spend that sort of money on a central defender, I would pursue Kounde

Out of those I only see Araujo as a potential starter longterm (IF he can stay healthy which is big question at this point). Don't think Oscar and Garcia should be anything more than a 3rd/4th CB for a team that will hopefully be able to compete for all titles in a few years.

Camavinga and Kounde are for me exactly the type of transfers we should stay away from.

Why?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Camavinga and Kounde are for me exactly the type of transfers we should stay away from.

If Camavinga is available for cheap then why not?

I like Kounde, but not quite sure about him anymore. Trade the saboteur Dembele for de Ligt.

serghei

Kounde is a defender that catches the eye with outlier qualities for CB position. Not imposing, not particularly strong in duels, not seeing a future defense general with him in the slightest. Camavinga strikes me as a type of luxury player, I'd prefer a more specialized midfielder. De Jong seems to be his profile as well.

Camavinga could look the best in a double pivot I think, but then I never liked how Barca look with a double pivot.

JamDav1982

Kounde is a defender that catches the eye with outlier qualities for CB position. Not imposing, not particularly strong in duels, not seeing a future defense general with him in the slightest. Camavinga strikes me as a type of luxury player, I'd prefer a more specialized midfielder. De Jong seems to be his profile as well.

Camavinga could look the best in a double pivot I think, but then I never liked how Barca look with a double pivot.

De Ligt is the man for the job at CB.

Leader, vocal, powerful and years ahead of him. Not lightning quick but not slow.

Need to try with all can to get him this summer if any way Juventus try to rebuild.

For midfield still think Barca will sign Wijnaldum if wages and length of contract reasonable. See if can bridge gap to when Nico/Ilaix are ready to offer similar.

serghei

We first need to finally establish De Jong's position for any midfield signing. Get his position sorted, and make steps to phase out Busi fast.

mc_lovin

Funny, for me hes one of the very few "highlight" defenders out there (meaning CBs who can have truly dominating games and not "just" be there). Hes mobile, tenacious and fast. I am pretty sure he would be a revelation for us (if he isnt already). Araujo+Kounde looks good on paper - one dominating the air and the other the ground ;-)

I agree about everything you said about Camavinga though. And honestly, I wouldnt mind an army of kids for once: Puig-Nico-Ilaix (+Roberto or Pjanic) would be fine by me as backups if that means we can focus on our forwards+defense.

Messi983

Funny, for me hes one of the very few "highlight" defenders out there (meaning CBs who can have truly dominating games and not "just" be there). Hes mobile, tenacious and fast. I am pretty sure he would be a revelation for us (if he isnt already). Araujo+Kounde looks good on paper - one dominating the air and the other the ground ;-)

I agree about everything you said about Camavinga though. And honestly, I wouldnt mind an army of kids for once: Puig-Nico-Ilaix (+Roberto or Pjanic) would be fine by me as backups if that means we can focus on our forwards+defense.

This. I just think they'd look good together. Also, despite being short Kounde is actually good in the air. He was 4th in % of aerials won last season in La Liga.

Bobo32

Barcelona has needed a CB since Puyol quit, soon they need 2.
It's easy to look for a perfect replacement for Puyol (a pretty fast leader who is very decent with the ball and who is very meticulous and demands everybody else is on their toes, too).
Mascherano was a very good fit. I don't know that there is one like that available right now.
I don't think Barcelona should look for someone who is a "highlight" defender - Barcelona shouldn't highlight defend, they should keep the ball and have their defenders pick up loose balls and be very careful to do the basics right.

khaled_a_d

Was here to say the same about Camavinga, he is a b2b like FDJ and Moriba, might turn to be awesome player that we will cry he isn't here, but him and FDJ can't really coexist

Not sure about Kounde, he is a bit overrated tbh but he is actually good.
The sort of quick CB that is fairly strong and great with the ball. Potential is huge but he isn't there yet at the level where you say he is great starting CB for big team.
Improvement over anyone we have, but that isn't that hard to achieve

That said, I don't like Barca turning French tbh :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
I think Kounde would be a good fit style wise.
But his individual performances have drawn his price up by too much. When you at the same time see some mediocre performances during a longer stretch that price makes people doubt.

Kounde is another Ramos, David Luiz, Mingueza type of defender. Can look like the best player in the world but at the same time be the sole reason for your team losing.

Andresito

Staff member
Barcelona have shown an interest in AS Monaco player Caio Henrique (23). The club have made first contacts to obtain information over a possible transfer. PSG are also interested. [uol]

Atleti product. Was signed by Monaco for 8m late last summer.

Porque

I think we were also interested in him before Atleti signed him way back when.

Mentioned him in the names of the 2022 player expiries list. If we're looking for a LB then how about Robin Gosens. Seems one of those opportunities of the market that you try to Bayern your way into getting on a free in a years time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think we were also interested in him before Atleti signed him way back when.

Mentioned him in the names of the 2022 player expiries list. If we're looking for a LB then how about Robin Gosens. Seems one of those opportunities of the market that you try to Bayern your way into getting on a free in a years time.

Gaya and Gosens would be my first options. Alba need some serious competition. I'm not sure bringing in a young player will help in that regard.

Home of Barca Fans