Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

While our priority is a striker according to Ferran Martinez we're also looking for a left-footed CB (Umtiti replacement) who would be brought alongside Garcia.

Romagnoli (Milan), Lisandro Martinez (Ajax) and Marcos Senesi (Feyenoord) are "cheap" options the club likes and considers but there is no clear favorite among them so everything is open. Aissa Mandi was also considered although he's right-footed but could play as a LCB. His contract with Betis is expiring.

Don't know if he's the best CB among them but due to his versatility I'd prefer Lisandro Martinez.

If we'd really sign Garcia and another CB we'd have 6 CBs (not even counting FDJ who could also play there in 3 atb system) so all of this makes me think Koeman could still consider using 3 CBs at least sometimes next season. It's true all of them have question marks though. Pique is old, coming off serious injuries and should be phased out of the team. Araujo is good but can he stay healthy? Oscar is developing well but ideally shouldn't be a starter (not in a 4-man defense at least). Lenglet is Lenglet but unless we get a really good offer I'd keep him. He's durable and would bring some experience to other youngsters. I just think it would be naive going into next season with Pique and 3-4 kids. He should earn his minutes though (that stands for others too; with possibly so many CBs we'd have some serious competition, at least quantity wise if not quality-wise that much). And we don't know if/how/where Garcia and a possible another CB would fit into the team. Also can't forget we'd still need to find someone to take Umtiti (possibly on loan to just save some money on his wages) and unless Nice will use their buy option Todibo will also return and we'll need to find a buyer for him as well. At this point it's clear he has no future at the club so just sell him for whatever we can get.

Another option could be Jorge Cuenca. Barca has a buy-back option on him but Koeman apparently doesn't rate him so if he stays Cuenca probably won't return. TBH he was a starter ahead of Mingueza for Barca B and Oscar is doing well now in the first team so we can argue Cuenca could do the same. I'd still prefer to see how he'd do for Villarreal in La Liga next season (or maybe in Almeria if they're promoted and Villarreal would leave him there on loan for another season) before deciding to potentially get him back.

Zidane82

What to believe ..

Sergio Aguero has reportedly told close friends and family that he will be joining Spanish giants Barcelona next season.
::::
Neymar is willing to accept a huge wage cut to rejoin Barcelona from PSG this summer. (Marca)

Barcelona are closing on the free transfer signing of Memphis Depay, with the player an ?express wish? of Ronald Koeman. (Mundo Deportivo)

Everton are ready to rescue Philippe Coutinho from his Barcelona nightmare and will bring him back to the Premier League. (Fijaches)

Messi983

Ah yes sign more YouTube wonderkids. As if that didn't backfire already with transfers

When did we sign Vinicius and Rodrygo? Must have missed that.

What to believe ..

Sergio Aguero has reportedly told close friends and family that he will be joining Spanish giants Barcelona next season.
Neymar is willing to accept a huge wage cut to rejoin Barcelona from PSG this summer. (Marca)

Barcelona are closing on the free transfer signing of Memphis Depay, with the player an ?express wish? of Ronald Koeman. (Mundo Deportivo)

Everton are ready to rescue Philippe Coutinho from his Barcelona nightmare and will bring him back to the Premier League. (Fijaches)

Let's hope the last one is true and our good friends from Liverpool will save us again. But don't believe that.

Porque

Rumour in MD today that we want to bring back Kays Ruiz from PSG. His contract is up this summer.

Pochettino seems to prefer Xavi Simons, but that may be down to the contract situation. PSG done the same to Rabiot.

khaled_a_d

Rumour in MD today that we want to bring back Kays Ruiz from PSG. His contract is up this summer.

Pochettino seems to prefer Xavi Simons, but that may be down to the contract situation. PSG done the same to Rabiot.

Yup, a teenage midfielder is what we need.

Porque

And wouldn't he be in the B team anyways.

I'm all for trying to develop offensive oriented mids. We're lacking that throughout the A and B. GaVi perhaps is the next in line after Collado and he is 16.

Unless Pedri shows more of his offensive side again as he matures.

Messi983

Agreed.

I think he'd probably be registered for Barca B, play there regularly but train with the first team and also given some opportunities in Copa.

That's if he'll actually come back, could be just stupid rumours or his agent trying to get more money while he negotiates with likes of Metz or Saint Etienne.

Porque

Aissa Mandi has signed for Villarreal. Good signing for them.

MD linked him with us last week. Obv were going for/getting Eric Garcia.

Home of Barca Fans