Barca Transfers and Rumors

TheStig

I think they are all worth 0. Who would buy them for big transfer fees and pay their salaries? In this situation with Covid and for horrbile preformances for years.

mc_lovin

Getting rid of them will be the biggest challenge, but otherwise this transfer period should be pretty relaxed. Theres a clear path to build a decent squad without investing too much. Even if Messi leaves we dont have to find a direct replacement (Griezmann, Dembele, Trincao - cant get much more prepared than that).

Get Garcia and a CF (doesnt have to be Haaland) and be done with it. Quality of the striker probably depends on our exits though (I would imagine).

Edit: Contract extensions are probably more exiting than our potential transfers thinking about it - Messi, Pedri, Ilaix, Fati, Dembele (never thought I would say this).

Last edited:

Messi983

I think we all can agree on some players that should leave. Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti, Pjanic.

But how big of a loss can we take?
If we look at their remaining worth in the books it's currently:

72 - Griezmann
58 - Coutinho
45 - Pjanic
0? - Umtiti

Realistically I can't see us getting even half of that amount. 35-40m for Griezmann, 15m for Coutinho, 5-10m for Pjanic. Ship Umtiti for free.

I would keep Griezmann and Pjanić. I might be the only one but I think they can still be useful. Coutinho should leave even if on another loan. The same for Umtiti.

Hopefully Busi will leave too.

mc_lovin

I would keep Griezmann and Pjanić. I might be the only one but I think they can still be useful. Coutinho should leave even if on another loan. The same for Umtiti.

Hm? A few months ago Pjanic or Busquets was a valid talking point, but right now? I didnt think anyone would like to keep Pjanic over Busquets. What are you arguments for that?

Going into this season with Busquets/Pjanic/Frenkie/Ilaix/Pedri/Puig would be fine by me though. Depends a bit on what we do with Roberto/Emerson. For me theres only space for two out of Roberto/Pjanic/Emerson.

JamDav1982

Should forget about Wijnaldum on the demands that are being published and give Ilaix game time with Roberto as additional midfielder.

Alaba being linked again today but again dont pay a 29 yr old huge wages for some final years in sunny Spain. Alba is fine for another season and if Emerson comes potentially have Dest and if keeps progressing Balde to cover LB. Hopefully Alaba just his agent trying to use election to get more money out Real.

Need a striker and to sell as many of the high earners as can but for now a CF only and youngsters progressing Barca squad be in a good place for next season.

Would guess Barca will try to sell as many as possible to push as hard as can for Haaland.

malvolio

pjanic has already voiced his concerns about not playing much. so wouldn't keep this bum when busquets is better than him.

also, why keep griezmann when he doesn't add anything and is on massive wages? he also might get fed up with this rotation/bench role and you don't want a reserve player for 20M a year. it's this summer or never with him, as he'll get older and shittier.

Andresito

Staff member

Seems to me the big transfer, if any, will be in offense. Haaland might be impossible, but I think we'll at least try.
Even if we don't spend any money in attack and get Depay for free, we'll have a pretty OK offense.

Ansu/Depay, Messi/Braithwaite, Dembele/Trincao

With Depay being the first alternative at both LW and CF.
I think next season will be very important for players like Ansu, Dembele and Trincao:
- Ansu by being the undisputed starter, and more mature than before.
- Dembele hopefully being injury free and with full focus on developing rather than recovering.
- Trincao having adapted and playing more relaxed, while fighting with Dembele for the spot.

Can't see a spot for Griezmann, unless Messi leaves. But then again if Messi goes Laporta will need to replace him with a star, me thinks.

Messi983

Hm? A few months ago Pjanic or Busquets was a valid talking point, but right now? I didnt think anyone would like to keep Pjanic over Busquets. What are you arguments for that?

Going into this season with Busquets/Pjanic/Frenkie/Ilaix/Pedri/Puig would be fine by me though. Depends a bit on what we do with Roberto/Emerson. For me theres only space for two out of Roberto/Pjanic/Emerson.

I think he can still offer to the team more than Busi, especially offensively. They are both slow and poor defensively but I think Pjanić's brain are just "faster". He's also one of the few players in this team who can play good through balls and who can shoot from distance. I believe he gets too much hate. He was usually good whenever he has started and he has been bothered by injury over the last month. I would just give him a few consecutive starts and I'm sure he'll show more than Busi has for years. He's also still adapting to the team and think he'll be much better in his second season. And as mentoned there is also a financial reason. We can't sell him without taking a big loss so why not just give him a fair chance?

Andresito

Staff member
He's also one of the few players in this team who can play good through balls and who can shoot from distance.

I have to disagree with this. His shooting has been horrendous so far. Had higher expectations of him being dangerous outside the box but he hits the ball like Busquets, often missing the goal by a few metres. He's having big issues with the one timed shots, almost looking like an amateur just socking the ball without much thought, concentration or belief.

malvolio

I think he can still offer to the team more than Busi, especially offensively. They are both slow and poor defensively but I think Pjanić's brain are just "faster". He's also one of the few players in this team who can play good through balls and who can shoot from distance. I believe he gets too much hate. He was usually good whenever he has started and he has been bothered by injury over the last month. I would just give him a few consecutive starts and I'm sure he'll show more than Busi has for years. He's also still adapting to the team and think he'll be much better in his second season. And as mentoned there is also a financial reason. We can't sell him without taking a big loss so why not just give him a fair chance?

busquets plays better passes and through balls than all our players bar maybe messi. he's never been a shooter even in his prime. yes, he has other issues but he's a better player and more useful to us(if used correctly) than pjanic.

Zidane82

busquets plays better passes and through balls than all our players bar maybe messi. he's never been a shooter even in his prime. yes, he has other issues but he's a better player and more useful to us(if used correctly) than pjanic.

Yes I agree ..

FC433

Should forget about Wijnaldum on the demands that are being published and give Ilaix game time with Roberto as additional midfielder.

Alaba being linked again today but again dont pay a 29 yr old huge wages for some final years in sunny Spain. Alba is fine for another season and if Emerson comes potentially have Dest and if keeps progressing Balde to cover LB. Hopefully Alaba just his agent trying to use election to get more money out Real.

Need a striker and to sell as many of the high earners as can but for now a CF only and youngsters progressing Barca squad be in a good place for next season.

Would guess Barca will try to sell as many as possible to push as hard as can for Haaland.
+1
Garcia for Umtiti
Gaya for Firpo
Emerson for Pjanic (move Roberto to the midfield)
Haaland (/ Depay) for Braithwaite

Would not mind selling and replacing any of these players Neto, CL, Coutinho, Trincao, or Griezmann for the right price. Sancho is someone I would like to get if we manage to sell some of our big names.
Wague, Todibo, O. Busquets, Matheus Fernandes, Alena, and Collado should be sold with buyback/ % of sale. Keep Miranda at Betis for another season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think Messi will leave now. Things are looking up and it's even more difficult to move entire family in these plandemic uncertainty.

malvolio

Don't think Messi will leave now. Things are looking up and it's even more difficult to move entire family in these plandemic uncertainty.

problem is, if we get rid of messi for free(which is the case right now) we don't have enough money to get haaland + another midfielder.

right now messi is our main playmaker and main striker. so we would need to cover 2 positions with him leaving. a striker coming in is mandatory anyway.

Home of Barca Fans