Hiroki Abe

Devils

He tore his hamstring .

It's over. SMH.

I'm devastated.

Awaiting the return of the Samurai.

Messi983

I think he's good enough to be playing for a midtable La Liga team right now. He probably should be loaned out next season if he'll fully recuperate in time but with a lack of wingers we currently have at the club I could see us keeping him for another season especially if Barça B will be promoted.

Devils

This guy HAS to make it here. He's The Last Samurai of FC Barcelona.

He needs to come back like Tom Cruise or some shit, dawg.

Porque

Hiroki is out for 5 months so we can sign a replacement for the B team aswell. If we need a ST and a Wideman we now cunningly have the option to sign one of those for the B team and move him up to the first team. Thats 2 get out of jail cards to the incompetents after the January window.

Messi983

Hiroki is out for 5 months so we can sign a replacement for the B team aswell. If we need a ST and a Wideman we now cunningly have the option to sign one of those for the B team and move him up to the first team. Thats 2 get out of jail cards to the incompetents after the January window.

I doubt we can sign a La Liga forward for Barça B. Even if we'd promise him to play for the first team this would be just too obvious and RFEF wouldn't let us register him.

And if we'd get someone from Segunda/Segunda B (it would probably be someone who's not playing much for his current team on loan because no team would sell/loan us a player they need without a possibility to replace him) to cover for Hiroki's injury he wouldn't have enough quality to help the first team. What signing a possible replacement for Hiroki would allow us to do is maybe calling up someone like Collado or even Konrad for the first team more often. But if we'll eventually need to call up 2 or 3 B team forwards for the first team Setien will do this in any case and let Pimienta deal with his squad selections however he knows (by possibly calling up further Juvenil or even Cadete players). Hopefully our injury situation won't worsen though. It's bad enough as it is already.

BTW, I was just thinking yesterday that this new Matheus Pereira guy we got from Juve in the Alejandro Marques deal is training mostly with the first team since joining us eventhough he can't play (he's a non-EU and we're sparing that last non-EU spot for Araujo in case we'll need him; which could happen as soon as this week) when Barça B would actually also need him. Unless there are some bureaucratic/registration problems preventing us from temporarily playing him for Barça B this doesn't make sense to me. Maybe Setien wants to see what we have in him during trainings but would still be better for him to train with/get to know his Barça B team-mates to be ready to play with them when he can.

Thinking more about this there is another possible reason. Maybe we must buy Pereira after his loan expires if he'll play certain number of games for Barça B and we don't want to do this so it's just our way to save some money. :lol: Probably smart from a financial standpoint but a disaster from a sporting viewpoint having a healthy player at a position of need and still not playing him for non-sporting reasons. He's 99% not good enough for the first team but could at least help out Barça B while he's here.

Devils

omg his season is over. Out for 5 months.

EQguBa2WkAEccTA

VIVA HIROKI!

Porque

I doubt we can sign a La Liga forward for Barça B. Even if we'd promise him to play for the first team this would be just too obvious and RFEF wouldn't let us register him.

And if we'd get someone from Segunda/Segunda B (it would probably be someone who's not playing much for his current team on loan because no team would sell/loan us a player they need without a possibility to replace him) to cover for Hiroki's injury he wouldn't have enough quality to help the first team. What signing a possible replacement for Hiroki would allow us to do is maybe calling up someone like Collado or even Konrad for the first team more often. But if we'll eventually need to call up 2 or 3 B team forwards for the first team Setien will do this in any case and let Pimienta deal with his squad selections however he knows (by possibly calling up further Juvenil or even Cadete players). Hopefully our injury situation won't worsen though. It's bad enough as it is already.

BTW, I was just thinking yesterday that this new Matheus Pereira guy we got from Juve in the Alejandro Marques deal is training mostly with the first team since joining us eventhough he can't play (he's a non-EU and we're sparing that last non-EU spot for Araujo in case we'll need him; which could happen as soon as this week) when Barça B would actually also need him. Unless there are some bureaucratic/registration problems preventing us from temporarily playing him for Barça B this doesn't make sense to me. Maybe Setien wants to see what we have in him during trainings but would still be better for him to train with/get to know his Barça B team-mates to be ready to play with them when he can.

Thinking more about this there is another possible reason. Maybe we must buy Pereira after his loan expires if he'll play certain number of games for Barça B and we don't want to do this so it's just our way to save some money. :lol: Probably smart from a financial standpoint but a disaster from a sporting viewpoint having a healthy player at a position of need and still not playing him for non-sporting reasons. He's 99% not good enough for the first team but could at least help out Barça B while he's here.

Your right. It won't happen. But legally even if it looks like gaming the system, if the rules are there and no laws are broken than RFEF can do nothing. At worst they will review the laws for the future.

I believe Barcelona B have an internal rule that they can't sign/have players over a certain age group though. But we would have the possibilty.

I believe Pereira had beurocratic issues delaying his debut. He seems a case of being too good for Barcelona B, not good enough for LaLiga. Which isn't a bad thing as you need these type of players to stabilise the youth of the B team (de Galarreta, Soriano, Rodri the ST).

In terms of a deal it seems to me Juve wanted Marques so we done a trade with someone not in their future players with the financials used to offset our FFP. Same as with Cillessen so I am almost positive he will be signed next year as mandatory. It is a deal that I think will benefit all parties though.

Messi983

Looks like we're looking for Hiroki's replacement. We've tried to sign Dani Romera but we couldn't because he's currently on loan from Cadiz at Alcorcon and he can't play for more than two teams. He has already played for Barça B in 2016-17 when he has scored 18 goals in 35 games.

Home of Barca Fans