Junior Firpo

behindbrowneyes

His main problem is that the situation of injuries has improved, especially at the back. However, definitely deserves more time and now that we at least partially have switched to wingbacks he should get a shot. This formation is the one he thrived at when at Betis, which made the club's interest of signing him grow.

Porque

Might work as the Left CB of the back 3 but honestly, if we can get decent money then we should sell. I can see him doing very good in Serie A. Slower paced league, less pressure on the first touch, plus Firpo is great physically. Let him grow there and have no regrets in letting him go.

Mateka

West Ham, Southampton and AC Milan are interested in Junior Firpo, with Barca inclined to sell to a Premier League side rather than take Milan up on a loan deal with an option to buy. (Mundo Deportivo)

Messi983

Should obviously be sold to EPL instead of loaned to Milan.

Unless we can somehow include him in the Kessie deal (almost impossible) who is the only Milan player I'd consider. Don't want swapping Firpo for someone like Romagnoli who they would probably offer.

I think one way or another Firpo will be one of the players gone before the end of this month so we can balance the books for the 2020/2021 season a bit but I wouldn't jump on the first offer.

We can still wait for a few weeks if Milan will sell Theo Hernandez. Then maybe they would actually consider buying Firpo and we could squeeze a few more millions out of them. Or use them as a leverage when negotiating with the EPL clubs.

FinBarcelonafan

We signed him for more. Hence not good at all.

It's good only given the circumstances (wanting players out) and the context of Barto's dreadful management

And he didn't play at all. It's a good deal. We didn't lose that much money. It's not like you could increase your value by playing few minutes.

JamDav1982

We signed him for more. Hence not good at all.

It's good only given the circumstances (wanting players out) and the context of Barto's dreadful management

By that logic 100m would be bad deal for Coutinho.

The deal is deemed good or bad by where player is at that time and what profit/loss is on the books and Barca make a profit on Firpo if sell him for 15m.

Messi983

Should sell Alba to Inter, buy Gaya and keep Firpo as a backup for another season but yeah, this would never happen.

Home of Barca Fans