Citizenship: Spain

Height: 1,84 m

Position: Left-Back

Club: Real Betis​

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 18.20.38.jpg

Last edited:

Moe

powered by;
Recentley we have been linked with him in a 35 million deal. Sport reports that we may include Rafinha and Miranda in a deal to sign him.

xXKonan

I would prefer him so much over the likes of Luis etc.

Don't get me wrong Felipe Luis would have been an excellent signing years ago but he's past his prime and becoming more injury prone as time goes on. We don't need someone like him to back up Alba. We need a hungry talent to compete with Alba instead of just using the said player to "rest" him.

mia7007

This will be great, we need a backup potential LB to give Alba the sense of competition. Felipe Luis will always be a backup LB and we will end up looking for 2 LBs in few years

Andresito

Staff member
He'd be a nice addition. But how urgent is it to find a competitor for Alba?

We definitely need a backup, minimum. For that, Filipe Luis is ideal. Money can then be spent elsewhere.

But if we somehow get more a 50% cut on the 50-60M releause clause with the help of Rafinha and Miranda, then sure.

FC433

^
Rafinha and Miranda could be part of the deal according to the recent reports.

If he is going to be 20m + Rafinha + Miranda (on loan) then I think that would be a great deal. Let us wait and see. F. Mendy is pretty much done deal for Madrid.

Riordon

Who do you think is better of Firpo and Mendy? I prefer Mendy as he is very, very good with the ball and can create chances out of nowhere ala Marcelo while Firpo looks to me more a system player.

Hope he is good defensively. Despite Alba being fantastic offensively, he has fucked out overtime we have been knocked out in the CHL during the last years.

FC433

^
I do not really know. Both seem to be good and promising LBs. For me, I would like to see someone who can cross just like Trent Alexander-Arnold and Robertson. They are one of the top fullbacks and their crosses are very threatening.

However, Mendy is expensive, I believe, while Firpo is sort of a cheaper option.

Porque

Who do you think is better of Firpo and Mendy? I prefer Mendy as he is very, very good with the ball and can create chances out of nowhere ala Marcelo while Firpo looks to me more a system player.

Hope he is good defensively. Despite Alba being fantastic offensively, he has fucked out overtime we have been knocked out in the CHL during the last years.

Well, the funny thing is that Madrid started the year interested in Firpo while we were interested in Mendy at that point in time.

For me, I prefer Firpo. Much better on the ball and better linkup play. Defensively has a way to go though. So it depends if you want to have someone who can be like Alba in the future or if you want a different tactical option like Semedo is to Roberto.

If we are looking for the next Wague I would like us to sign Diego Palacios this summer for the B team. He is currently the starting LB for the Ecuador team at the U20 world cup. What makes him interesting is that he was on loan at Herenveen from his Ecuador club last season and was their starting LB. His loan has since finished so we have a good chance to get an interesting young LB at a very good price.

Donatello

Firpo is better than Mendy imo.

I guess the reason Real moved on from him is because of his injuries.

Home of Barca Fans