Junior Firpo

Messi983

If we are looking for the next Wague I would like us to sign Diego Palacios this summer for the B team. He is currently the starting LB for the Ecuador team at the U20 world cup. What makes him interesting is that he was on loan at Herenveen from his Ecuador club last season and was their starting LB. His loan has since finished so we have a good chance to get an interesting young LB at a very good price.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...3777/el-barca-negocia-por-diego-palacios.html

:)

Messi983

:lol:

I like the fact we've started to scout Eredivisie more for those type of transfers. Don't know much about Palacios but with Miranda leaving on loan/sell with buy-back option we need a LB for Barça B. If this kid wants to play there and we can get him for cheap then it's a no brainer.

About Firpo, I don't think we'll pay 30-40M for someone who'll play around 10-15 games/season. I like him a lot but we have other needs so don't think we can afford him.

Last edited:

Alik

What's the point of selling Semedo if it's to replace him with an equally expensive RB? I thought he was being sold to finance the purchase of a forward.

Sorin

What's the point of selling Semedo if it's to replace him with an equally expensive RB? I thought he was being sold to finance the purchase of a forward.

Junior Firpo is a LB? He'll be competing with Alba.

snowy

About Firpo, I don't think we'll pay 30-40M for someone who'll play around 10-15 games/season. I like him a lot but we have other needs so don't think we can afford him.

We'd be in a serious bind should Alba get injured. Firpo could slut in and fill the void. In the 3-4 vs Betis last year, he dom the left with 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 pre-assist

Alba in this inflated transfer market still commands top value, but given his age, it's bound to decrease from hereon, (ditto with the other vets) whereas new signings like 22 y old Firpo & 23 y old Mendy present much higher chances of appreciation.
I'd use Alba's transfer windfall to get them both for free +change :) and see their value skyrocket :alba:

Even if they're not proven like Alba, risk is worth the stretch!

But dunno if it's even possible or if they need Alba's consent. They just renewed him for 5 years (till he's 34 / same as Suarez) and a 500 mil buyout :amazed:

maybe one of Barto Polo's sister club in China will step in? haha :D

Messi983

Good signing for Betis if true.

Probably doesn't mean anything regarding Junior's future though because they needed another LB. Setien utilised Tello as LWB when Firpo was injured but now with Rubi they'll probably use 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and Tello will play as a winger.

FC433

^
Lo Celso is most likely going to leave and I am hoping that Betis is going to replace him with Rafinha. We get Firpo and include Rafinha (his value should be around 20m) + 20m and loan Miranda. That would a perfect scenario and we cannot really ask for more.

Messi983

This would be a very good scenario but not likely to happen imho.

IF Betis will sell Lo Celso for 70M+ then they won't need to sell Firpo unless we would be willing to pay 40-50M.

It's possible they'll want to hold onto Giovani for another season though (unless someone pays his 100M clause) and sell Firpo alongside Victor Camarasa (he had a good season on loan at Cardiff City and they will probably get 20M from an EPL club) to get enough money to buy a good striker which is their biggest weakness.

Also, I don't believe Rafinha is worth 20M coming off a serious injury. His contract is expiring in a year so I'll be happy if we can get around 10M but it's more likely he'll leave on a loan in last days of August with Barça covering part of his wages.

Home of Barca Fans