Lliga | Round 34: Alaves - FC Barcelona 0-2

malvolio

In an ideal scenario we wrap up la liga this week vs levante.

I think the ideal scenario would be the one in which we win tomorrow and Atletico loses to Valencia on Wednesday. This would render the Levante game meaningless.
[MENTION=20445]mesiesta[/MENTION]: too slow :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

In an ideal scenario we wrap up la liga this week vs levante.
Play starting players tomorrow,win. Then start a b-team vs levante and let them win us la liga before the liverpool tie.
Then we go all out vs Liverpool with zero worries about the league.
Especially for an extremely cautious man like valverde it will be The best position to be in.

That would be awesome and I agree. It sounds the best.

Mido

Personally I don't agree with going on full force and would do a 50-50 when it comes to rotations.

In my opinion, playing with key playmakers next saturday might be beneficial to have Barca's game on the ball well rehearsed against Liverpool who are very likely to put some strong pressure at phases.

I dont watch Alaves but they seem, to me, to be a team that can enjoy offensive football, correct me if I am wrong.
--------------Boateng---------------
---Coutinho---------------Dembele-
--------Arthur------Alena----------
-------------Busquets-------------
-Roberto----------------Semedo--
----------Lenglet----Umtiti--------
---------------Ter Stegen----------

Umtiti has been excellent before his injury.

Levante is in a hot place, they might go in full fight mode next saturday sot let's be careful

FCBfan22

Personally I don't agree with going on full force and would do a 50-50 when it comes to rotations.

In my opinion, playing with key playmakers next saturday might be beneficial to have Barca's game on the ball well rehearsed against Liverpool who are very likely to put some strong pressure at phases.

I dont watch Alaves but they seem, to me, to be a team that can enjoy offensive football, correct me if I am wrong.

Those are big NO's. We need to win tomorrow and that's not the time for Boateng's excesses. Play Suarez and Messi for a half each instead. They can rest during the weekend.

Also, Lenglet-Umtiti partnership doesn't work and we have Todibo and Murillo, who are RCB's.

Mido

Those are big NO's. We need to win tomorrow and that's not the time for Boateng's excesses. Play Suarez and Messi for a half each instead. They can rest during the weekend.

Also, Lenglet-Umtiti partnership doesn't work and we have Todibo and Murillo, who are RCB's.

Suarez is a volume player, playing him twice this week before Liverpool might be very risky. Messi could play but playing him twice is also risky.

FCBfan22

Suarez is a volume player, playing him twice this week before Liverpool might be very risky. Messi could play but playing him twice is also risky.

Not twice.

Play Messi and Suarez for a half each vs Alaves and then rest them vs Levante. I don't see any problem with that.

Centauri B

Levante is in a hot place, they might go in full fight mode next saturday sot let's be careful

I disagree.

Not a single player that will play against Liverpool (as a starter and even as a sub) has to play a single minute against Levante, not even Ter Stegen. Just consider the Levante game a loss. Anything better than a defeat in that game is extra.

Now, for me the question is whether we go full strength against Alaves tomorrow night. I think that it's better to give Pique, Busquets, Messi and Suarez at least some time off in that game. One way or another, we will be winning the league. Time to concentrate on the grand prize and go against Liverpool at 200%.

Mido

I disagree.

Not a single player that will play against Liverpool (as a starter and even as a sub) has to play a single minute against Levante, not even Ter Stegen. Just consider the Levante game a loss. Anything better than a defeat in that game is extra.

Now, for me the question is whether we go full strength against Alaves tomorrow night. I think that it's better to give Pique, Busquets, Messi and Suarez at least some time off in that game. One way or another, we will be winning the league. Time to concentrate on the grand prize and go against Liverpool at 200%.

I might be wrong Indeed. I dont wanna push the theory too far as I might fall into speculation. I am asking myself if the 15-20 hard minutes Manchester put on at the beginning in the Camp Nou are due to the players not having "rehearsed" prior to the game.

Let's see if I am wrong, my guess is that some key players might play saturday. But it also depends on what happens tomorrow.

Gari

Valverde: "I see the team physically, at this stage of the Liga you are feeling a bit tired.When you have goals close to being filled, your legs are always fresh. There is no fatigue. "

FCBfan22

Valverde: "I see the team physically, at this stage of the Liga you are feeling a bit tired .When you have goals close to being filled, your legs are always fresh. There is no fatigue. "

The fuck is he on about?

Gari

Valverde: "We have players who are used to pressure that will arrive during this part of the season. In this sense, we are calm.""Tomorrow we have a game that comes very quickly after the previous one, it is possible that there are changes, yes."

Home of Barca Fans