Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

clemente

Valverde will 100% play conservative football with Arthur-Busquets-Rakitic-Coutinho without Dembele. The whole hope is literally on Liverpool choking.

mc_lovin

Arthur/Rakitic/Busquets should be our midfield to be fair. Just play the best 11 - no need for fancy experiments at home. Dembele/Coutinho is 50/50 - you can make a case for either one of them.

jairzinho

Klopp will press especially early on. Also that high line we used against Man Utd will be suicidal against Liverpool.

Devils

No they won't

Go back and watch all their away games in the CL this season. They play conservative and rely on quick counter attacking .

They haven't used the aggressive pressing tactics that so many are fearing on here during their away games this season.

Neymessi

Go back and watch all their away games in the CL this season. They play conservative and rely on quick counter attacking .

They haven't used the aggressive pressing tactics that so many are fearing on here during their away games this season.

They do press in away games also and what you say isn't conservative. They just switch off the attacking tempo a little bit and do not sit back parking a bus or sit back.

Devils

They do press in away games also and what you say isn't conservative. They just switch off the attacking tempo a little bit and do not sit back parking a bus or sit back.

Nope.

They play conservative. They don't play high defensive pressing lines or have the their midfield aggressively pressing like they do at Ainfield.

Check the stats:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=526432

http://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=526482

They played conservative when up against decent opposition, hence why their opposition created so many more chances at home than Liverpool.

#STATSDONTLIEDAWG

Last edited:

Mido

Let's hope I am wrong, if Liverpool plays that intense gegenpressing, we might see Arthur's real level and how he can handle it with the style he seems to emulate from Xavi/Iniesta. I think Arthur is very solid in La Liga etc.. but against this Liverpool side he might be challenged. But we Don't know what's happening on the training ground, and he might have shown some maszterclass performances when dealing with pressure.

On a purely theoretical level, I would play with Coutinho--Rakitic in midfield. But Coutinho didn't step up or show willingness to play as a midfielder.

The only plausible chance, to me, is him playing there against Levante and delivering an outstanding performance but it would be very risky.

Devils

Let's hope I am wrong, if Liverpool plays that intense gegenpressing, we might see Arthur's real level and how he can handle it with the style he seems to emulate from Xavi/Iniesta. I think Arthur is very solid in La Liga etc.. but against this Liverpool side he might be challenged. But we Don't know what's happening on the training ground, and he might have shown some maszterclass performances when dealing with pressure.

On a purely theoretical level, I would play with Coutinho--Rakitic in midfield. But Coutinho didn't step up or show willingness to play as a midfielder.

The only plausible chance, to me, is him playing there against Levante and delivering an outstanding performance but it would be very risky.

4-3-3 at Camp Nou
4-4-2 at Ainfield.

Arthur and Vidal are a must at Ainfield to deal with Liverpool's pressing imo..

i_bleed_blaugrana

For me, it’s imperative we go to Anfield with a multiple-goal lead. I think they will beat us at Anfield considering our away form. Basically, we need a repeat of Bayern ‘15: multiple goals with a clean sheet for the first leg and lose the 2nd leg by a goal but while grabbing an away goal or two.

I expect Klopp to play more conservative first leg and open the floodgates the 2nd leg so I say 4-3-3 with Dembele for the first leg and then the 4-4-2 with Coutinho in the second leg

I think we will control the MF battle, so it’s all about their defense. I don’t fancy TAA and Robertson (defensively) vs Dembele and Messi, and an open game will expose all of this. Basically, they need 2 miraculous defensively displays from Virgil and Alisson and hope they score early in the first leg. That’s the only chance I see for them, otherwise I think they will make it nervy for us but we have better individual quality across the field that will see us through. Defensively, the only player who scares me is Mane against Roberto/Semedo. That’s a good match-up for them but otherwise, I think we can handle Salah and Bobby comfortably. Jordi is just as quick as Salah and Pique can handle Bobby.

Between that and how well EV has drilled us in counter-pressing and mitigating space for teams to counter us, it’s just going to be hard for Liverpool to have enough dangerous opportunities to hurt us. Like I said, it’ll be nervy at times I’m sure but I think between the slightly higher quality of our squad and :messi:, it’s just going to be too much. They really froze up against Real last year, Real were able to control a lot of that match and I have a feeling these games will go similarly.

Devils

For me, it’s imperative we go to Anfield with a multiple-goal lead. I think they will beat us at Anfield considering our away form. Basically, we need a repeat of Bayern ‘15: multiple goals with a clean sheet for the first leg and lose the 2nd leg by a goal but while grabbing an away goal or two.

I expect Klopp to play more conservative first leg and open the floodgates the 2nd leg so I say 4-3-3 with Dembele for the first leg and then the 4-4-2 with Coutinho in the second leg

I think we will control the MF battle, so it’s all about their defense. I don’t fancy TAA and Robertson (defensively) vs Dembele and Messi, and an open game will expose all of this. Basically, they need 2 miraculous defensively displays from Virgil and Alisson and hope they score early in the first leg. That’s the only chance I see for them, otherwise I think they will make it nervy for us but we have better individual quality across the field that will see us through. Defensively, the only player who scares me is Mane against Roberto/Semedo. That’s a good match-up for them but otherwise, I think we can handle Salah and Bobby comfortably. Jordi is just as quick as Salah and Pique can handle Bobby.

Between that and how well EV has drilled us in counter-pressing and mitigating space for teams to counter us, it’s just going to be hard for Liverpool to have enough dangerous opportunities to hurt us. Like I said, it’ll be nervy at times I’m sure but I think between the slightly higher quality of our squad and :messi:, it’s just going to be too much. They really froze up against Real last year, Real were able to control a lot of that match and I have a feeling these games will go similarly.

Perfectly said.

Couldn't agree more.

Home of Barca Fans