Tickets to Liverpool/Anfield Semi/ Travel advice.

brockg777

Longtime Barca fan from the states here. My father is a Liverpool supporter. We have always said if we play each other in CL, we would go together to the game. Since my father is getting up there,lol, we'd go to the Anfield game and cross that off his bucket list. Well, looks like there is a good chance this can happen now. Would be flying into Manchester, staying there maybe 2 days before going to Liverpool. Does anyone here know if tickets are particularly hard to acquire for CL knockstage games in Anfield? Also are fans in Liverpool part particularly rude to opposing fans? I understand that I won't be able to wear a jersey/colors not sitting in the away section, but It'll be worth it to have the experience of a lifetime with my father.

Galning

I don't know how ticketing works for Liverpool. Acquiring tickets for the away end is possible if you are a member or member of penya (I suppose).

jontypb

Longtime Barca fan from the states here. My father is a Liverpool supporter. We have always said if we play each other in CL, we would go together to the game. Since my father is getting up there,lol, we'd go to the Anfield game and cross that off his bucket list. Well, looks like there is a good chance this can happen now. Would be flying into Manchester, staying there maybe 2 days before going to Liverpool. Does anyone here know if tickets are particularly hard to acquire for CL knockstage games in Anfield? Also are fans in Liverpool part particularly rude to opposing fans? I understand that I won't be able to wear a jersey/colors not sitting in the away section, but It'll be worth it to have the experience of a lifetime with my father.

Liverpool fans are friendly and I very much doubt you will experience any trouble. Liverpool and Bayern Munich fans mixed very well in the centre of Liverpool during the match at Anfield and were drinking together.

You will find it EXTREMELY difficult to get a ticket it in the Liverpool section, unless you are prepared to buy off a tout which will be expensive. If you do get a ticket then you will be fine in the home end as long as you are respectful. A few seasons ago we had a lot of Dortmund fans in the home section in the Anfield Road stand and they wore their yellow strips and there was no trouble.

If anyone has any questions about the match at Anfield then just ask :cheers: I am looking forward to both matches!

Home of Barca Fans