Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 2-0

serghei

And risk Ronaldo winning against Messi and bear insufferable Penaldo fans hailing him the GOAT? No thanks

We can win against Liverpool with some luck and Messi magic. But let's not get carried away. Yes i've watched Liverpool and they play much better than Valgreen's parody of Barca.

It's 50-50 between any of City, Liverpool, Juventus, and Barcelona. It's gonna be some semifinals if nobody fucks up in the quarters.

wisconsincule

don’t care too much about this match. Even if we lose I still think we can win the league. A draw would be fine. I’m already looking ahead to Wednesday.

eaman

Play our best team tomorrow and hopefully go ahead so we can make a few substitutions of some big players

Slevinn

I don't see why we can't give Suarez and Alba and Busquets at least the 1st half off. Assuming Dembele isn't ready for a half we can go with Messi, Malcom and Coutinho as the front line. Arthur, Rakitic and Vidal in midfield. Semedo, Pique, Umtiti/Lenglet, Roberto in the back line.

If we need a wide left threat Alba if needed can come in for Arthur, with Roberto moving to the midfield (also conserves Alba and Arthur for the next match). If we need a goal from a point man Suarez (or Dembele) comes in for Coutinho (lessening their load). Alena or Sergi for Vidal or Rakitic is another option based on situations. Against Atletico I am fine with Messi walking a lot and just picking moments here and there. This way everyone key gets some time for sharpness but not enough for a fatigue hangover.

Again completely happy to play for a draw and get 7 points + a tiebreaker coming out of it. With our schedule and AtM's schedule a draw and we are probably over 95% sure of the league. They would need us to lose twice more and draw once more (very unlikely) AND for them run the table on a harder schedule of league matches. Actually 95% maybe be conservative.

The fan cry for this one should be Just Draw Baby!
I agree with this 100% but im afraid reality (read: Valverde) will slap us in the face tomorrow.

Barcilliant

Those assholes Atleti will be up for it. Useless fucks choked against Juve but will probably give us a hard time.

Guys like Murillo, Alena and Malcolm should start. I want to see Umtiti again. He needs match fitness and rhythm. This is a good, tough game for us to assess where he's at.

eaman

Those assholes Atleti will be up for it. Useless fucks choked against Juve but will probably give us a hard time.

Guys like Murillo, Alena and Malcolm should start. I want to see Umtiti again. He needs match fitness and rhythm. This is a good, tough game for us to assess where he's at.

I'm fairly sure he's going to play our best centre back partnership tomorrow and so he should. It's a big game

LMTR14

If we win,this is over.

Even if we draw,the La Liga is pretty much in the bag.We'll have to lose 8-9 points(depending on the exact score in the potential draw vs Atletico) in the 7 remaining games,while the mediocre Atletico has to win every last match.In other words,it ain't happening.

EVEN IF we lose,we'll still have a pretty decent 5 point lead.We'll have to lose 5 points against:Sociedad,Levante,Getafe(H) and Huesca,Alaves,Celta,Eibar(A).In the meanwhile,Pathetico also has to win every single match of theirs to have a shot,which i find unlikely.If we manage to lose the Liga in this scenario,then we'll only have ourselves to blame.

(...)

In other words,Ernie should rotate the shit out of team and go guns blazing against ManU in Old Trafford.

fuck that. tonight is when we decide the league, after that we can focus massively on the cl. scoring a cl win is very doubtful anyway, I'm already afraid of what teams like juve and city could do to us if they get a good start! if we get wiped out there we should at least have the domestic double while real has absolutely nothing

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans