Lliga | Round 30: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 4-4

shadows

We have 4 days to recover for United. Game is on Saturnday and CL match is on Wednesday. I'd rest the whole team in the game between the Manchester home leg. Unless we somehow take a great lead on Camp Nou, even though winning away in CL is not our MO.

Resting the full squad?? :valverde: The guy doesn't even play Malcolm unless he absolutely has to..He must have forgotten by now we have Alena in the squad too... I am predicting a reasonably strong 11 tomorrow, maybe a rest for Messi.. Suarez and everyone else will start to compensate for his absence..Gala 11 all the way till the home leg with the odd 1 player rest here and there..

Last edited:

eaman

I'd rest Messi tomorrow and play him against atletico. I'm sure Messi wants to score against atletico more than against Villarreal. Well Messi wants to play and score in every game really. Atletico is the bigger game and the game that could guarantee the title

Last edited:

LMTR14

"messi shouldn't play" is never an option. especially when he is on fire like last few games! he needs to score score score to have any chance at all of catching pele. all other positions can be rotated though (even goalkeeper, cillessen certainly deserves more minutes. la liga has 38 league games, there's plenty of opportunities!). malcolm should start

you all know what would happen with messi benched anyway. we would stagnate 0:0 or even trail behind 0:1 and he would have to be subbed in to save the day anyway

Last edited:

Hardy

then don't cry and don't find excuses if Messi doesn't show up at Old Trafford walking on the pitch for the entire game.

Giginho75

I think that Leo, EV and the staff know what have to do with GOAT.

Too much often many users think to know what Leo has to do better than who really knows and works with him everyday.

Alik

I think that Leo, EV and the staff know what have to do with GOAT.

Too much often many users think to know what Leo has to do better than who really knows and works with him everyday.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of a forum.

vinni

Game on soon, and on a tuesday! :barcaflag:

I dont care too much about the line up as long as someone is rested..

I sounds like Villareal will go straight for our throat. If so, this game should be fun.

from https://www.villarrealcf.es/en/news/item/23875-courage-against-the-leaders :

Villarreal CF manager Javi Calleja underlined that the time will try and get a victory using all of its strengths against FC Barcelona (Tuesday, 9:30pm CEST) with the hope of moving away from the relegation zone. "It's a very tough match against the league leaders. We know that it will be complicated to get anything against Barcelona. But we have to go out to try and win, to think that we can do it and even more so, playing in front of a home crowd. We should go out to win and with that attitude, we can't think about anything else," he commented.

For the Yellows' head coach, what is important is looking ahead to the future optimistically: "We need to forget what's happened before and focus on this match. This match is crucial for us and we must think about what we've got to do and not what's happened before today. We need to be courageous, if we play with fear we'll regret it. If we're scared, they will be more comfortable, and if they're comfortable, it'll be more complicated. We must press them, make them uncomfortable and be clever with the ball. We must try and make them uncomfortable so you don't see the best version of them."

According to Calleja, the fight to get out of the drop zone will be fierce: "It's all very tight, all the matches are evenly-balanced and everyone is close together. I don't think anyone will fly away from the relegation zone until the end, so each match will be crucial."

Calleja also had regrets about the last defeat to Celta: "We've been creating chances and scoring goals in recent games. In Vigo, we scored two away goals and we lost, because we did a lot of things badly. We created chances, we got to the opposition goal but we didn't know how to win. We lost our concentration for half an hour and the match escaped us. We can't think about that result, we need to continue like we are whatever happens."

For the coach, the match at Balaídos should be used to learn from. "The team did good things in Vigo, we knew how to play and what to do with the ball. But we didn't do it in the second half, we got into the area and we made mistakes with the ball. Now Barcelona are coming, and getting the ball of them is nearly impossible, so we should know what to do with the ball when we have it. If we focus only on defending, we'll definitely lose, so we need to hurt them with the ball and be dangerous whenever we steal it. We need to make them doubt themselves and we need to be clinical," he finalised.

Neymessi

A rotation dilemma that too with EV in charge for a potential CL exit?

I don't like it.

Even if he starts a strong lineup today I am not thinking for one second that he will not go all out again vs Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans