CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Giginho75

After the first horrible ten minutes, Barca dominated for the rest...

This team knows when is the moment to score and when to control the game without to accelerate too much.

Great choice of EV to insert Coutinho again in the starting XI, so he got two important thing:

- the player knows now that his coach trusts in him.
- the player played well with a wonderful goal.

One word about LEO... ALIEN!!!

vinni

Felt great walking up today! Perfect result for me. 3-0 sends a message to Liverpool that we mean business.

The betting sites list us now as the team to most likely win CL2019! :) (we actually where nr 1 before this match too)

The inital press from United was as expected from a team with good players and nothing to loose. We seen this tactic plenty of times before in la liga. Celta vigo, villareal, real betis, athletic bilbao and athletico madrid have all tried this against us in the recent years. Sometimes it works, usally it dosent.
Luckly we didnt concede and was was able to force them into early errors. Theres a risk to playing so aggressive and United payed it early.

:barcaflag:

Sasuke85

In the first ten minutes, it's true that Man UTD dominated the game. However, if you recall, this is always how things go. In the 2009 and 2011 UCL final matches, they also used this exact play style against us: Try to surprise us with very fast attacks right after the game started. The thing is, Man UTD (or any other team) can never maintain that crazy pace for any longer than a couple of minutes. That's why in all those games, after that "super-human" start, Man UTD slowly turned back to their true form: a not-so-great team. And Barca easily took back the control, and we kept controlling the games till the last minute.

cro-man

The first 10-15 min it seemed like a nightmare is gonna happen like last year against roma. They were all over us till messi scored. This first goal was so important not just because it was a brilliant strike it brought us back into the game and gave us the controll over the match.

If we give liverpool those 10min we are literally out.

viper76

Suarez occasionally shows glimpses of utter brilliance but those are few and far between nowadays.. I’d love to get Firmino in for next season as he’s tailor-made for us . That said Lewandowski and Diego Costa May both be available in the summer ..

Really Diego Costa 😡 NO fucking place for this piece of filth in a big team like barca

ATLBarcaFan

Great performance last night, should have been 5-0 on to the next round. I've watched just about every Liverpool game this year, very good team but not infallible. It should be an amazing Semifinal to watch

serghei

I didn't have the slightest doubt that we were going to steamroll Lyon and United on Camp Nou. Without a top defense there is no way you survive on Camp Nou, let alone win.

malvolio

so, right now we are the only undefeated team left in the competition. we have the second best attack - city has only 3 more goals.

and most importantly - we shipped the least amount of goals. this could be key for our chances of winning the whole thing.

Sorin

Second goal was putrid, no excuses, that was solely on DDG. And I was disgusted when Coutinho scored his goal: the disappointing lil cnut had the audacity of confronting Barça's supporters, Fabregas-syle. Mate: you have been pretty much useless for most of 18-19 but now you feel big enough to demand respect? Because of ONE goal?

The first goal sums it up: Messi took advantatge of Utd's weaker, not top-players defense. The way I see it, 1-1 at OT and 1-0 at CN would have been closer to the actual football displayed by both teams.

Daily retarded redcafe post, especially the bolded part. Imagine actually thinking that the aggregate score should've been only 2-1 for us when they didn't shoot once on our target in the first leg or barely sniffed the ball at Camp Nou. Even worse, he is supposedly a Barca fan.

FinBarcelonafan

Daily retarded redcafe post, especially the bolded part. Imagine actually thinking that the aggregate score should've been only 2-1 for us when they didn't shoot once on our target in the first leg or barely sniffed the ball at Camp Nou. Even worse, he is supposedly a Barca fan.

Exactly. How many shots on goal they had in the whole 180 min? Probably not enough to overcome 4-0.. 👍😆

PhilS

Man U looked like a team that could be competitive in the Europa League. Barca has four forwards better than any Man U forward.

Boy, Rakitic was good. He is clearly our best midfielder. When he gets that involved with the attack, he covers for what Arthur and Busquets provide too rarely. I hope he does not start most of the remaining Liga games, refreshed Rak will pull this team to the treble.

Liverpool, yeh, when they get their attack going, they can beat anyone. But over two games, they are not that solid or consistent, they are up against it vs. the superior Barca squad. I'd say Barca is about 70% likely to go through.

Home of Barca Fans