CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Andresito

Staff member
No way Valverde will rotate against Atletico, not even if they drop points these coming weeks.

Andresito

Staff member
We play United on wednesday the 10th. Good considering we play Atlético on saturday before.

ini4ever

No way Valverde will rotate against Atletico, not even if they drop points these coming weeks.

Which could potentially lead to yet another disastrous QF away match result since they'll face only 7 players defending lol. Knowing Ole is a attacking coach this is really gonna be tricky.

soul24rage

I made a schedule of the games till the end of the CL QF comparing our schedule with that of our Liga and CL QF rivals (if we make it to the SF, then I’ll make another chart for that). If there’s any updates to this schedule, then I’ll replace the image with a new one.

Blue highlights: Champions League QF match

txdvHcf.png

My Thoughts:
-I think who we decide to rest and when really depends on how many min. they play in the international friendlies, how many points we are ahead of ATM by the time we meet them, injuries and etc. So many unpredictable factors as of right now.

-It’s obvious we have to rest players vs Huesca (A).

-Man Utd has a potential FA Cup SF right before the CL QF 1st leg. They face their FA Cup QF match tomorrow Sat. March 16 vs Wolves away. If they lose in the FA Cup QF then they will have about a week rest before the CL QF 1st leg.

-Man Utd game plan would likely to be similar to the away game they played vs Spurs on Jan. 13. I think they'll be defensive, play a diamond formation and use their pacy attackers with Pogba to counter attack. We have to counter press them well so I think we'll have to rest players before this match (Hopefully ATM lose points by the time we meet them)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Home & Away are reversed actually. We play United at OT on April 10, return at Camp Nou on 17th

clemente

Honestly, they were absolute garbage against PSG, will be interesting to read what EV apologists have to say if they somehow win against us.

D10S_JC

The next three league game is important. We need to keep the 7 points distance(or more), so we can rotate against ATM.

Devils

Semi-Finalists: Barca, Juve, City, Liverpool

Final: Barcelona vs Juventus

Winner: Barcelona

Quote me when it happens, dawg.

Sorin

I seriously think that Atletico will drop points until we face them. Either against Bilbao or Alaves, maybe both. Bilbao at home is a tough fixture for everyone and Alaves defends really well and Atleti aren't creative enough to easily beat teams that defend deep. Having said that, we need to win everything until then so we can better plan the match against them where we play at home and even a draw will be good.

We can beat Man Utd pretty easily if we restrict Pogba as the other midfielders are gash when it comes to being creative. The front 3 won't have enough balls to threaten our defence if Pogba is taken out of the game.

delancey

Which could potentially lead to yet another disastrous QF away match result since they'll face only 7 players defending lol. Knowing Ole is a attacking coach this is really gonna be tricky.

Thus far I wouldn't call him an attacking coach per se. When I've watched Man U games, I've gotten the impression that Mourinho's defensive philosophy is still deeply ingrained in the players.

But let's assume that Man U field an offensive team and attack us from the get go; I see that as only being beneficial for us for obvious reasons. I hope they attack because so will we (hopefully, for one never knows with Retardo in charge).

Home of Barca Fans