Lliga | Round 28: Real Betis - FC Barcelona 1-4

EdmondDantes

Last time we played Betis we started with Arthur, Busquets, Rakitic and I remember the three being worn out and having trouble tracking back.

Tonight Vidal has to start. Arthur is a must against this Betis side that wants as much possession as possible. That means Busquets or Rakitic starting on the bench.

Semedo/Roberto and Lenglet/Umtiti have a natural rotation so the freshest of those should start. Although could keep in mind that both Piqué and Lenglet are going to rest during the break.

Could see Malcom, Rakitic and Aleña coming on for Coutinho, Busi and Arthur in the second half.

ter Stegen
Semedo, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba
Vidal, Busquets, Arthur
Messi, Suárez, Coutinho

If I remember correctly that was Messi's first game back from his broken arm, and he looked a bit lost in the first half and Betis just explored our right hand side and stunned us by being so aggressive. Second half we changed tactics.

I think they will give us a game tonight, it will be fun.

Calidad

——————Ter Stegen
Semedo——Pique—-Umtiti——Alba
————Busquets——--Arthur
———————Alena
Malcom———Messi———Coutinho

Is what I’d like to see, although ideally Alba needs to get some rest soon.

Would have liked to see Rakitic dropped from the squad (for a rest) and Todibo brought in as competition to Busquets.

Ofc I don’t expect to see the above lineup. But can live in hope.

PhilS

Semedo will play and I'm sure Vidal will too. Front 3 will probably play. I'd rest Busi for this one. Play Rakitic, Vidal, Arthur midfield. Pique Umtiti centreback pair.

That's 3 starters rested and it's a very strong line-up who could beat anybody.

Something like this is what I would go with. The team is not weaker when you make these types of starter changes among the regular players. Must rotate among the first 15 for most of the remaining Liga games. You have kickass talent like Coutinho, Vidal, Semedo and Umtitti beyond the gala 11 so that you can field super strong lineups in three competitions. Much better depth than last season, I'm optimistic for the run in. Especially now that Coutinho has turned the corner.

jairzinho

We should rotate but i doubt Ernie would. He'll probably be thinking about that defeat earlier in the season.

kobby

Valverde will rotate today, we'll lose and against Atletico once de gala :valverde2:

Why will he do that? It's a game before an international break when we have the opportunity to open a massive gap on our chasers. He will field our strongest XI, no doubt.

Gari

Barcelona: Ter Stegen, Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Lenglet, Alba; Busquets, Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal; Messi e Suarez.
4-4-2
:rakitic: :malcom:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans