Konrad de la Fuente

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Konrad de la Fuente (Olympique Marseille): "My goal is to end up playing for Barcelona one day, and I know that the best way for that to happen was to leave, because I need to get those first division minutes." [espn]

Bobo32

It's always a shame when players need to prove themselves elsewhere in order to get a good chance.
I don't rate Konrad very highly, but I always said he should've gotten a lot more chances last year.

JamDav1982

Its a shame when they are too scared/comfortable to have the balls to go out and prove themselves.

Brilliant decision from Konrad to take career into own hand and proactive and it is paying off whether he ever returns or not.

Porque

The best thing you could say about that Konrad quote is that he read the room and made the right decision for his career.

Bobo32

Some people are so extremely single-minded it is almost hard to fathom.
If you are a Barcelona fan, it would be natural to concern yourself first about what is good for Barcelona, and not congratulate a player for making the brilliant decision to go away from this very bad place, only to maybe return if he is proving himself elsewhere (which doesn't even mean so much). His worth should be seen when he is in the club.

The best thing you could say about that Konrad quote is that he read the room and made the right decision for his career.
Yes maybe, but it's always hard to tell, or rather impossible to tell, as there is never any control. But yeah it really looks like it was the right thing for Konrad to leave and it also looks as if Koeman could've used him a lot more last year. Maybe he would've been of more use than Long de Jong last week too?

Messi983

No, but we apparently have a 50% of future sale.

Don't think he'll ever be good enough to return but like his attitude.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No, but we apparently have a 50% of future sale.

Don't think he'll ever be good enough to return but like his attitude.

Essentially means we can buy him for half the price. So if he's ever worth like 50m we can just sign him for 25m. Same principle as with buybacks really

Messi983

Essentially means we can buy him for half the price. So if he's ever worth like 50m we can just sign him for 25m. Same principle as with buybacks really

The difference is with BBO you get a fixed price and in this case OM can set whatever price they want. And knowing they would only get half of his fee they would surely demand more.

Anyway, I think having a higher % of future sale is better for us than a buyback (ideally we'd have both but IIRC I've read Ligue 1 clubs can't include BBO in their contracts) as I don't see him ever returning* but if they sell him to EPL for 20-30m and we get half of that would be a good business.

*The only way I see us buying him back is to immediately re-sell and make more profit. But for that his price would need to get into a 50-60m range which I just don't see happening.

Porque

Yes maybe, but it's always hard to tell, or rather impossible to tell, as there is never any control. But yeah it really looks like it was the right thing for Konrad to leave and it also looks as if Koeman could've used him a lot more last year. Maybe he would've been of more use than Long de Jong last week too?

Knowing the manager doesn't count on you makes it smart to exit. Especially with Koeman being here a season and not getting opportunities.

This isn't directed at Puig but of course it applies too.

I agree he should have been given opportunities. He has a si.ple offensive game that transcends well to first team football, even if he isn't to be a long term option.

Christian Tello, Carles Perez types who ended up coming in and working straight away because they had individual ability, some pace and knew the system.

Also both were sold for more than Konrad as they were given the chances to show themselves in first team dynamics.

Like Messi983 though I don't see Konrad coming back now either, but seeing our decimated Frontline it is an opportunity missed to take 3m over depth.

Home of Barca Fans