Konrad de la Fuente

ajnotkeith

If Konrad is a regular for Marseille this season it speaks to how poor we dealt with his situation. He could at least have done a year with the first-team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have a feeling we'll be bringing him back soon if he continues lighting it up.

Bobo32

I have a feeling we'll be bringing him back soon if he continues lighting it up.

I have a feeling he should've gotten more chances last year, and that he should've stayed this year and gotten even more chances...

jamrock

Bring him back, not all our academy players need to be world beaters, good to have good players off the bench as well.

ajnotkeith

Bit too late to bring him back. He was frustrated at Barca for years now getting no chances with the first team and also being slandered by Barca B fans calling him overrated, average, hyped bc he's American etc, wont play at Marseille, well he walked into the starting XI in his first year there. What a steal for them to get a 20 year old of that quality for 2.5 mill

JamDav1982

Bit too late to bring him back. He was frustrated at Barca for years now getting no chances with the first team and also being slandered by Barca B fans calling him overrated, average, hyped bc he's American etc, wont play at Marseille, well he walked into the starting XI in his first year there. What a steal for them to get a 20 year old of that quality for 2.5 mill

3.5m plus 50% for Barca of any future fee.

Could easily work out well for both parties.

In reality he had not shown enough to be promoted. His form at Marseille has been much better than showed in B team.

ajnotkeith

3.5m plus 50% for Barca of any future fee.

Could easily work out well for both parties.

In reality he had not shown enough to be promoted. His form at Marseille has been much better than showed in B team.
Sorry, 3.5m*. Also we did not confirm the percentage we got but I do hope it's 50 as rumoured.

Depending on what type of player you are you may shine more at higher levels where the football is more advanced than lower ones. Villalibre crushed the Segunda B but can't make an impact in Laliga and finds himself on the bench, he's just a basic physical player.

Mingueza is a good example as well, really struggled in Second B but looked much better with Barca in the first team. It's not a popular position to hold but I think Pimienta was a very poor manager and could have done much better with the squads over the last two seasons, Konrad was often played out of position or on the opposite wing like in the playoff semifinal

JamDav1982

Sorry, 3.5m*. Also we did not confirm the percentage we got but I do hope it's 50 as rumoured.

Depending on what type of player you are you may shine more at higher levels where the football is more advanced than lower ones. Villalibre crushed the Segunda B but can't make an impact in Laliga and finds himself on the bench, he's just a basic physical player.

Mingueza is a good example as well, really struggled in Second B but looked much better with Barca in the first team. It's not a popular position to hold but I think Pimienta was a very poor manager and could have done much better with the squads over the last two seasons, Konrad was often played out of position or on the opposite wing like in the playoff semifinal

It is 50% reported can so most likely correct.

Konrad was not going to be promoted on what he had shown last season at that level.

What other players have shown is largely irrelevant.

At least Barca have allowed him to go out and develop at 20 and kept a certain degree of control over his future.

Porque

Starting on the bench today.

Konrad trained with our first team for most of last season. He just didn't impress the first team coaching staff. What he did or didn't do in the B team was a moot point. Like Collado.

ajnotkeith

Starting on the bench today.

Konrad trained with our first team for most of last season. He just didn't impress the first team coaching staff. What he did or didn't do in the B team was a moot point. Like Collado.

Agreed, in recent years B promotions haven't even been really based on how good they did just if the first-team manager takes a liking to them. Mingueza, Araujo, Puig, Balde, Manaj are not really guys who set the world alight in B (especially Mingu Balde and Puig) but the first-team coaches and Koeman brought them up bc he thought their qualities could be useful at a higher level. Collado has a highlight reel that looks like it came from Messi in Segunda B but the coaches just don't think he can cut it at a higher level. There are players that are great against lower opposition but lack pro qualities for better opposition.

Messi983

If he'd stay and play in first two games I'm sure many people would want to offload him now. He's just the next Deulofeu to me.

Home of Barca Fans