Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Alik

1-For him, Spain has the tendency to call players to 1st team, ensure they can't switch and then let them go. If he never turns out great he will regret it, just like Munir & Bojan.
2-Whether he turns out good or average, Africa lost another important talent. There is almost no hope of getting a new Weah with players prefering to play for European powerhouse.
3-For us, it is granted he will be used way more with NT than with Guinea. FIFA virus will be in full effect (obviously if he turns out good, if he doesn't he won't last long anyway)

That being said, if he really feels more "Spanish" than being Guinean then good for him. For me I always say players should choose teams based on the nation they feel they belong to.

Guinea Bissau can barely even qualify for the Afcon. There's nothing for him to play for there. If it was a slightly better team, I would agree.

tacticvarium

1-For him, Spain has the tendency to call players to 1st team, ensure they can't switch and then let them go. If he never turns out great he will regret it, just like Munir & Bojan.
2-Whether he turns out good or average, Africa lost another important talent. There is almost no hope of getting a new Weah with players prefering to play for European powerhouse.
3-For us, it is granted he will be used way more with NT than with Guinea. FIFA virus will be in full effect (obviously if he turns out good, if he doesn't he won't last long anyway)

That being said, if he really feels more "Spanish" than being Guinean then good for him. For me I always say players should choose teams based on the nation they feel they belong to.

1 match with first team Spain would be way more valuable and important for him than 200+ matches with Guinea.

Porque

Good on him. Look forward to seeing how good our elite talents compare to the rest of the World at the U-17 in October.

Ilaix, Fati, Pedri. They could tear it up.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why should Ansu operate on the assumption that he'll fail?

He's 16 and rapidly rising through the ranks at a club like Barca, and he isn't even called up to the senior NT yet. He signed a new deal with us, is regularly playing with the first team, etc. It is foolish from his perspective not to seize great opportunities at the next step if they come to him.

Spain are in dire need of a talent revolution. They've got some players like Rodri, Ceballos, Morey, etc. but they've badly needed attacking talent for some time and, especially given Ansu has so much time, he'll be well positioned to get his chances as he's developing.

How is choosing Spain risky but choosing Guinea-Bissau not? If he turns out badly, at least he got to play for Spain a few times and try to play at a world class level internationally. If he chooses Guinea-Bissau but ends up a world class player he'll be by far the worst positioned top 20 or 30 player in the world to experience international success. That will negate an entire portion of his legacy and the ability to play in historic competitions.

He has 2 options, and only 1 of them affords him any chance whatsoever at playing at a World Cup and Euro. Easy choice to make here, and good on him for seeing it.

Leo_Messi

Call me openly biased but why in the good world should Fati ever pick freaking Guinea-Bissau over Spain? The same country he calls home and who gave him his entire football upbringing and the same country which facilitated a much better new life for himself and his entire immediate family?

That is not even mentioning the sporting aspect. Yes, there is always the risk of him turning into a new Bojan but a football career of any player involves risks left and right constantly.

In any case, I can't see him getting a call up for the senior team before the EURO's next summer anyway. He will turn 18 next autumn and by then we will know more about his immediate and long-term potential and how far he can go, even though 18 years is no age either.

Having said that, it is absolutely fantastic to have a potentially new "crack" emerging from La Masia. Long overdue. Not felt the same buzz about a canterano since Thiago Alcântara emerged.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lol my bad about the picture being so small, idk how to fix it.

But he starts today, his path keeps accelerating. Would be crazy if Ansu scores against Valencia

Devils

World class player.

Annnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Devils

Anssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

clemente

Such a high ceiling, hope someone takes care of this kid, needs a good influence to develop into a proffessional athlete instead of a crackhead.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kid is bold. Good stuff. You just know he'll end up as the next Bojan or Munir.

Unlike Bojan and Munir he has the technical + physical skills that makes him unique, and he has the blessing of Messi given his brother advices the guy.

Your lad Vinicius Jr. on the other hand looks more like a Bojan or at best a worse version of Robinho ;)

Home of Barca Fans