Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Porque

As others have said, with the depth in attack we can take it slow with Pato this season. For now he (and Pique) look far from fit.

Catta

He looked good when combining with Lewa.

After his injury troubles, being behind Dembele and Raphinha in the pecking order will do him good in the long run. Can get back to his best without pressure.

vegitot

It's pre season but he tries to show off quite often.

What bbz wrote earlier seems to be true. Hype is getting in his head. He needs to slow down.

blaug

He can't beat his man. Never been a good dribbler, but now, he looks downright bad when it comes to beating his man. Nevertheless, I hope his finishing instinct is still intact. Could be a useful option from the bench.

Andresito

Staff member
He lacks intensity and drive. But I think it's only natural after the injuries. His mind needs to come to the point where it doesn't worry about another injury, because now he's subconsciously holding back.

Every movement he does now is calculated beforehand, there's no unpredictability, no use of instincts. That also means his body knows what'll happen in a controlled manner, hence reducing injury risk.

Might take a few months or so, but I would guess he's back to full intensity before World Cup. If his quality is enough to be a top player is another question.

FinBarcelonafan

He lacks intensity and drive. But I think it's only natural after the injuries. His mind needs to come to the point where it doesn't worry about another injury, because now he's subconsciously holding back.

Every movement he does now is calculated beforehand, there's no unpredictability, no use of instincts. That also means his body knows what'll happen in a controlled manner, hence reducing injury risk.

Might take a few months or so, but I would guess he's back to full intensity before World Cup. If his quality is enough to be a top player is another question.

Spot on. You can't be afraid of injuries when playing football.

Injuries part of the game

Horatio

You're welcome
Spot on. You can't be afraid of injuries when playing football.

Injuries part of the game

Yes you can. You must have never been injured.

A boxer who broke his hand has to overcome a huge psychological hurdle to play at 100% again.

The psychological effect is even stronger if it is a recurring injury.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes you can. You must have never been injured.

A boxer who broke his hand has to overcome a huge psychological hurdle to play at 100% again.

The psychological effect is even stronger if it is a recurring injury.

I think you misread or maybe I wasn't clear

I meant, you can't be afraid of injuries if you want to play your best game. It makes you too timid/scared.

Ansu is quite obviously afraid of hurting his body again which makes him play worse

Catta

I think you misread or maybe I wasn't clear

I meant, you can't be afraid of injuries if you want to play your best game. It makes you too timid/scared.

Ansu is quite obviously afraid of hurting his body again which makes him play worse

It is normal to be afraid when returning after a serious injury. He is not the first player to be afraid. Needs time to return to his old self.

Iniesta Ultra

Y'all got it all wrong, he's not missing intensity, motivation, drive, dribbling ability. He's missing Messi, Puig, Silva, Mahrez, KDB, Gundogan, Busi, Salah players who are masters at link up and tiki taka. Barca's missing dna, Fati's not missing anything.

Messi983

Very good points here.

https://twitter.com/Barsalev/status/1556733597176020992

Not that he minded the pressure, but it is probably healthy for Ansu that the pressure is not on him the next 2-3 seasons.

He can just focus on being happy and playing football.

Getting cuddled by superstars is not at all a bad thing for a 19-yr old wonder kid who has just come off a couple of heartbreaking injuries that saw him lose two seasons.

You only have to look at how all the people on Bar?a Twitter are over analyzing his preseason performances (which have not been all that bad to begin with!) to weigh up the truth of my first two tweets in this thread.

vegitot

He should but now he is wearning no 10 and club try to make people believe he is the true heir for the number. So there is always big pressure on him. Also seeing other players take his place, it will rush him more.

Alik

He should but now he is wearning no 10 and club try to make people believe he is the true heir for the number. So there is always big pressure on him. Also seeing other players take his place, it will rush him more.

Was a mistake to give him the 10, I think.

Home of Barca Fans