Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Messigician

Even though I still love and defend Dembele, this kid is something special. If we'd actually start really trusting him, Dembele could be in big trouble. Fati is pretty much a mini Dembele, but with actual ball control, great timing and movement, and of course having the technique (good first touch), that a Barca player should have, to go with his blistering pace and quick feet, which are Dembele's best qualities.

It just goes to show you that we pretty much have almost everyone we need (at least profile wise) in La Masia, who are much more better suited to our style than an outsider could ever be. And even if they are not world class yet, we just gotta start trusting La Masia again. With minutes and opportunities they become world class. While all the ingredients are pretty much already there in them for everyone to see, even in 15 minute cameos you can see the quality just oozing out. That goes for both Riqui and now for Fati. It's the little things they do on the pitch, you just see they're made for this team.

Sadly with this Board and Valverde the reality is, that this will be the only appearance for him this season, once Messi, Suarez and Dembele are all back. And we'll probably look to loan him to Getafe or wherever in 1-2 years, even though he and Puig could play regular minutes in La Liga and Copa already. The only hope is the new Board in 2021, willing to go back to our ways and roots, trusting La Masia. Fati will be what, 18 by then? Should be up for promotion by then, if he keeps his head down, keeps performing and avoids any tough injuries.

Wtf

Raketa10

First, his father should start watching games and be objective. Fati currently plays like a retired player and is nowhere near the required level. Furthermore, giving him no.10 shirt was one of the dumbest decisions we made. I know it's just a number. However, dumb people like his father don't understand that. In addition to all of the nonsense he said in that interview he called him a franchise player. :facepalm:

Second, sending him on a loan is a risky move. Imagine if we loan him to Sevilla and he ends up on the bench. His value would literally drop to zero after that. IMHO if his attitude and injuries ruined him beyond repair we should definitely sell. It could be our last chance to offload him and get some money.

Finally, place in the starting 11 and Barca no. 10 shirt should be earned. However, I sincerely doubt that Fati family understands that.

Last edited:

fergus90

Barca’s ‘franchise’ player, wouldn’t rule out Real Madrid and thinks Bayern would notice him following them on Social Media.

He needs a reality check. Yes he’s been very unfortunate with injuries but let’s be honest, he’s hardly shown anything in several games to warrant selection.

serghei

Barca?s ?franchise? player, wouldn?t rule out Real Madrid and thinks Bayern would notice him following them on Social Media.

He needs a reality check. Yes he?s been very unfortunate with injuries but let?s be honest, he?s hardly shown anything in several games to warrant selection.

Don't like his attitude personally. Reeks of self entitlement. That is more taxing for his future than his injuries imo.

Porque

Hey, if Fati father manages to bring up interest in European big clubs, then I'm all for it.

Fati is just 20, and has more to give of course. Said from the start that this is a season to be patient with him, and now it seems that comment refers to his father.

But put it this way, if he was performing as bad as Ferran Torres but showing Ferran Torres effort, then I would say keep him, because we know he can raise his level of play (unlike Ferran). But the fact that he is not putting in the effort in even 15-20 minute cameos and giving it all says we have to give very serious thought about letting him go.

And this insider feeling that his amount of minutes is undeserved is just the icing.

Raketa10

Hey, if Fati father manages to bring up interest in European big clubs, then I'm all for it.

Fati is just 20, and has more to give of course. Said from the start that this is a season to be patient with him, and now it seems that comment refers to his father.

But put it this way, if he was performing as bad as Ferran Torres but showing Ferran Torres effort, then I would say keep him, because we know he can raise his level of play (unlike Ferran). But the fact that he is not putting in the effort in even 15-20 minute cameos and giving it all says we have to give very serious thought about letting him go.

And this insider feeling that his amount of minutes is undeserved is just the icing.

Yeah he is 20 but he also has the knee of a 40y old payer. Maybe they are even not playing him so he doesn't get injured again. I am 99% sure that he will be sold this summer and that's probably for the best.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Bori Fati (Ansu's father): "Ansu wants to continue at Bar?a. I, as a father, think otherwise." [cope] #fcblive

Bori: "I have recommended to Ansu a change of scenery. He doesn't agree."

serghei

Bori Fati (Ansu's father): "Ansu wants to continue at Bar?a. I, as a father, think otherwise." [cope] #fcblive

Bori: "I have recommended to Ansu a change of scenery. He doesn't agree."

Nobody gives a shit. Play well, get game time, play like crap, you don't. It's that simple. Most notable, decisive thing Ansu did in the last months is prevent a tie-deciding goal vs Madrid on Bernabeu in the Cup.

This is Barca, nobody will play you consistently if you don't show great stuff, especially not a manager like Xavi at a club that is desperate to win titles quickly. Go on loan if you want to play consistently without earning it the hard way.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Bori should hook up with Veronique.

Some people should learn when to keep their mouths shut. I'm sure Ansu is embarrassed by the interview. If he isn't.. well then it says more about Ansu than his father.

serghei

Everybody is overplaying the injury card big time. First the sample size before the injury was very very small. He was yet to be classified as a top player even before injury. Some goals here and there vs La Liga basic teams, and a goal in CL vs a poor Inter in CL groups in a low-pressure game for us - btw, Carles Perez also scored a nice goal in that match - is not much of a sample to base your toughts on.

For me his previous form and the injuries are not that big indicators. I see a player with confidence and mentality issues personally. Some qualities are there for sure, but odds are against him. Major issues with him also.

We are a different team today than a year ago. Today we are fighting for real big titles. Beating Madrid, getting close to a near perfect league season... potentially winning 3/3 titles in Spain, we don't have time to babysit for Ansu frankly. Either he learns to adapt to the pressure and he finds the guts to fight back, or he moves. His father can't change any of that, only he can, by doing much better in the minutes Xavi gives, and Xavi is still giving him minutes to prove himself.

If anything, Laporta and the club as a whole were too desperate for a Messi replacement and jumped the gun with Ansu Fati. This surely didn't do him any good.

Ansu situation and Ferran signing were the two areas the current management got it very wrong on. Everything else they've been great on imo.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Fati doesn't agree with his father and knows he has to improve in order to succeed at Bar?a. [cadena ser] #fcblive

Ansu Fati is upset by his father's statements. He was sleeping and was unaware of Bori's intentions. He may publish a statement. [relevo] #fcblive

Home of Barca Fans