Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Messigician

Fuck that club

🗣[ @HelenaCondis🥇] | PSG wanted Ansu Fati and offered him a salary twice as high as he earns in his new contract at Bar?a.

Mitchell1978

He is a generational talent, there is no doubt about that

There's plenty of doubt, his shooting and finishing looks like it has world class potential but other aspects of his game (dribbling, speed, vision..) aren't on that level.
Imo of the players between 17 and 23 only Haaland and Mbappe are generational talents.

behindbrowneyes

How did I underrate Samuel? :D I said his level should be Fati's goal for the future. I honestly see some similarities in those two players. I know many of you would disagree but Fati could maybe become our No.9 in the future. He has that killer instinct in front of the goal while on the wing he sometimes lacks a bit of creativity and speed.

I was thinking the same! Every big young talent has a trait that makes him standout from other players at that age and the reason why they already can compete in male football from a young age. For Ansu, this is his ability to finish and his efficiency in front of the goal. Also the range and cheekiness to score a goal in an unorthodox way might be a strength. I'd say his awareness in open spaces and positioning is pretty good too.

I think he'll develop into a 9, because some coach in future will put him there like Pep did with Leo. Unlike Leo, I think Ansu will stay in the center.

Memphis is a good partner for Ansu as both are some hybrid between LW and CF and can play in both positions. They can interchange positions during games.

Of course there are loads of things to improve for Ansu. Still, he is just 18 and his basis is elite. What he does with it is up to him and his coaches. We really should hire a potential elite coach that doesn't only play our youngsters like Koeman, but one who develops their weaknesses into strenghts and makes them become overall better players. I prefer ten Hag over Xavi to be clear right away. I know they are not the definition of elite coaches but we can't have real elite ones and those two are the best bet apart from the Pep's, Tuchel's or Klopp's.

khaled_a_d

I think a great comparison for Ansu is David Villa with more flair.

Villa and Romario are the closest comparisons.
And in this age and era, where efficiency players are the new stars it is goid enough to build a great team if he is surrounded by the right environment.

SmilerBam

I saw he became a bit more arrogant on the pitch, trying to do things that he didn't tried before. Maybe he believes his own hype and now he thinks he is the superstar of this team just because he has the number 10 on his back. While i agree he has potential, he should try to do the things he can and to be as effective as he can be. He should become a great goalscorer and that s it. His explosivness, close control and dribbling ability is nowhere near Messi's at his age. Like someone said, if he reaches the level of Eto'o, we should be thrilled. I doubt it, but let' s see.

SmilerBam

I think a great comparison for Ansu is David Villa with more flair.

David Villa was an exceptional player. Greatest goalscorer in Spain's history, surpassing Raul. I think Villa is technically better and he was faster in his prime too. Finishing wise they seem on similar level, but let's see how Fati develops.

jamrock

Fati will meet are exceed all Spanish strikers before him, his floor if nothing dramatic happens & he falls off a cliff, is villa & Torres level, his ceiling is meeting or surpassing eto'o to become arguably the best player ever to come out of Africa.

KingLeo10

Fati will meet are exceed all Spanish strikers before him, his floor if nothing dramatic happens & he falls off a cliff, is villa & Torres level, his ceiling is meeting or surpassing eto'o to become arguably the best player ever to come out of Africa.

Relax. He's not that talented :lol:

Eto'o was a killer who won 3 CLs, scored in 2 CL finals, and won back to back trebles.

jamrock

Relax. He's not that talented :lol:

Eto'o was a killer who won 3 CLs, scored in 2 CL finals, and won back to back trebles.

Pretty sure no one said eto'o was that talent when he was at madrid either.

Like I said that's his ceiling, he will likely never get there, but he could.

Home of Barca Fans