Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

serghei

Do you consider Dembele if he resigns a top forward?

No. We need to replace Dembele with a better player and sign another forward, either at 9 or at winger. Both top players who are starter material. We need to get a player who could match Benzema's goal-scoring. Ferran is not it. Too young and inconsistent and not a top finisher for now.

I'd say Ferran needs to match Vinicius' numbers, and we need a player to score 20-30 goals. Aubameyang is doubtful for me, as is Memphis. Both are B-tier players for a club aiming to win big titles.

Dembele has 1 goal last season in La Liga. Araujo has 4. :lol:

Last edited:

Zidane82

Players don't get finished before they reach 20. But it is clear we can't count on him next season.

Just assume he is not there when you plan for next season.

2 top forwards are an absolute must.
His age is irrelevant it is the 4 ( or 5 ?) unsuccessful operations on his knee that is the problem ..

I saw somewhere that this latest problem is his damn hamstring though

serghei

His age is irrelevant it is the 4 ( or 5 ?) unsuccessful operations on his knee that is the problem ..

I saw somewhere that this latest problem is his damn hamstring though

Not really 4 or 5 unsuccessful operations and not the same type of operation anyway.

Zebulun

No. We need to replace Dembele with a better player and sign another forward, either at 9 or at winger. Both top players who are starter material. We need to get a player who could match Benzema's goal-scoring. Ferran is not it. Too young and inconsistent and not a top finisher for now.

I'd say Ferran needs to match Vinicius' numbers, and we need a player to score 20-30 goals. Aubameyang is doubtful for me, as is Memphis. Both are B-tier players for a club aiming to win big titles.

Big hypothetical here, would you accept neymar back as a ST, if he guaranteed 25-30 goals per season and within the wage cap?

feggydinho

Do we have the money?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ansu should have never been relied upon to that degree to begin with. As highly as I rate(d) him myself he had not proven to be capable of being shouldered that responsibility yet.

serghei

Ansu should have never been relied upon to that degree to begin with. As highly as I rate(d) him myself he had not proven to be capable of being shouldered that responsibility yet.

For sure. Pedri for example played an impressive Euro and a full season last year.

Andresito

Staff member
He's been declared healthy since the beginning of May, almost 2 months have now passed and there's still a month and a half until the season starts.
If he doesn't manage to be match fit until then (barring any new injuries), there's a serious issue.

A player should be able to regain full fitness in almost 4 months without an injury. But I would suspect he's been getting special treatment in trainings with Barca and Spain, not participating in everything.
I hope he'll be fully part of the group when preseason starts, with no special treatment necessary.

jamrock

Make it or break it season for him, I still believe in the kid.

If we sign a few of these players we are linked with, we can ease him back into theflow of the game before we unleash the future best player on the planet.

If he gets injury again my hopes would have faded though.

Home of Barca Fans