Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Messi983

Why do we have excuses for everything?

1. a bad coach
2. a bad system
3. a lack of older captains/team leaders

Who was Xavi/Puyol/Valdes teacher in early 2000s?
1. a team sucked
2. a team had horrible results
3. coaches were bad
4. atmosphere was bad
5. team leaders were eternal losers like Kluivert

How come that Xavi/Puyol came good in horrible circumstances but today's players need someone to hold their hand paired with the best coach/beast teammates/perfect system?

Or, more likely: we are giving too many excuses for current players.
Poor Frenkie without a system, poor Arthur wthout teammates who make forward runs, now it will be poor Ansu.

No excuses.

I was comparing environment in which Messi has grown up here to the one Ansu is currently in just because people expect Fati to become Messi's successor. Which is both stupid and putting a lot of pressure on his shoulders but you only see the other side of the coin (Ansu starting to believe his own hype).

Yes, circumstances for young Puyol or Xavi were also far from ideal but none of them was expected to take over as a leader of a new team being only 18 and immediately after the best player in football history has suddenly leave the club.

Porque

It is not easy to make it in BBZ rating system

BBZmetrics
---------------------------------

Too Choir Boy

Rakitic Perfect Mix of Calm, Confidence, Croatian and Comb-over

Too Arrogant

Messigician

BBZmetrics

Too Choir Boy

Too Arrogant

Lmfao tru

JamDav1982

Why do we have excuses for everything?

1. a bad coach
2. a bad system
3. a lack of older captains/team leaders

Who was Xavi/Puyol/Valdes teacher in early 2000s?
1. a team sucked
2. a team had horrible results
3. coaches were bad
4. atmosphere was bad
5. team leaders were eternal losers like Kluivert

How come that Xavi/Puyol came good in horrible circumstances but today's players need someone to hold their hand paired with the best coach/beast teammates/perfect system?

Or, more likely: we are giving too many excuses for current players.
Poor Frenkie without a system, poor Arthur wthout teammates who make forward runs, now it will be poor Ansu.

Easy answer.. Xavi/Puyol/Valdes 'came good' when matured and had coaches/teams that gave them confidence and suited their style of play.

Usual BBZ trying to take some illogical argument as if those players just came good from nowhere without a coach or style of play.

Xavi went from not believing in his place at the club and wanting to leave in 2008 to being best midfielder of all time standard a year later... down to the change of coach.

Using all time greats as a comparison is ridiculous anyway as no one is claiming current players are of that level and as for excuses you deal out your fair share for likes of Coutinho who has been far worse than likes of Ansu or FDJ.

malvolio

His celebration vs Levante is pretty normal. His teammates celebrate with him then he celebrates with his family and people who help him through out a year. Media make it bigger because Fati is the next no 10, Messi's heir or whatever they like to think.

yeah, more like club has pushed this agenda of fati the next in line to the throne or fati the savior.

let's not forget he showed some selfishness last year also, in the sevilla match at home for example. when messi shouted at him and forum went wild calling him a tyrant and siding with 'the poor kid'.

i'm thinking that fati's selfishness comes from the way he plays right now. goals seem to have a very positive effect on his performances and if he doesn't get one in he struggles. probably once his technical baggage improves and he has more than his shooting, the selfishness will tone down.

don't think it's a problem right now.

Last edited:

Messigician

Ansu: "Vald?s' support? I am very grateful to V?ctor for the time we spent together. He helped me a lot in that stage with the first team. To manage emotions a lot. I wish I had spent more time with him. Everything has gone very fast."

JamDav1982

The celebration was more about the moment and him scoring minutes after coming on when at 17/18 it looked like his career was in the balance at times.

Much more about Fati/the club/the players and fans being happy for him and to have the possibility of him still being a top player and to continue to progress at 18.

More so that than any crowing of new Messi or saviour. That was not part of it.

Mentioning some game he was selfish in and Messi shouted at him is irrelevant. Just some attempt to bring Messi into conversation as much as can.

BBZ8800

BBZmetrics

Too Choir Boy

Too Arrogant

You are right to some extrent:
1) choir boy
2) healthy amount of courage, arrogance, cockiness, fighting spirit
3) too much of cockiness which leads to turning into:
1) either all time greats like Zlatan and CR7 who are insanely mentally strong
2) or 95% of other guys who buy their own hype and overrate their abilities and performances like Neymar, Halilovic, or from our team: Riki, Mats, Griezmann with his BallonD Or ideas, Ilaix etc

Easy answer.. Xavi/Puyol/Valdes 'came good' when matured and had coaches/teams that gave them confidence and suited their style of play.

Usual BBZ trying to take some illogical argument as if those players just came good from nowhere without a coach or style of play.

Xavi went from not believing in his place at the club and wanting to leave in 2008 to being best midfielder of all time standard a year later... down to the change of coach.

Using all time greats as a comparison is ridiculous anyway as no one is claiming current players are of that level and as for excuses you deal out your fair share for likes of Coutinho who has been far worse than likes of Ansu or FDJ.

Xavi was on 90% of prime Xavi even in 2004 and 2005.
You guys are making too much fuss out of 2008' incident when he considered leaving.

Even Messi almost ended at Espanyol aged 16, 17 iirc.
Does that mean that he was not good enough?

Btw, people will say that I am just a contrarian, but since the forum is mostly flooded with praises, it is more fun to add some negativity and flaws to return back to Earth from this dreamland.

Regarding young players, in this moment:
I like:
Mingueza: good personality, a healthy amount of a fighting spirit. He lacks in skills, but he is a nice squad player
Gavi looks promising till now. Okish skills, combative

Where I am not as impressed as majority of our fans:
Frenkie: probably slightly better version of Arthur in the end (Arthur with pace and stamina), due to not fitting to any midfield position and being horrible in possession and attack, and questionable at defending.
Pedri: master of hide and seek for now. He might work though, if we surround him with 1-2 guys in midfield who will be leaders and have bigger balls than him.
Araujo: a huge guy who is quite scared and injury prone behind the surface, it seems.
Fati: the sample is way too small. I still can't point a finger on whether:
1) he is a genius who has a bad touch/stupid decisions here and there
2) or he is a better version of Dembele who will always have meh skills, bad decisions but who is scoring wondergoals out of nowhere which mask his actual abilities in other aspects of the game
Also, about his finishing, I am not sure:
1) whether he is a lethal killer with some horrible shots and touches
2) or he is extremely sloppy player like Dembele/Alexis who is just on a hot streak currently where every of his shots is going in like Alexis in his early years here or Dembele in those 3 Months where he was scoring on each game
About his attitude, I have wrote above, there are some worrisome elements of him buying his hype about no10, Messi's successor, being the next big thing, a club building a future around him, fans expecting him to be the future best player of a team.
Again, if he is not as mentally strong as Zlatan or Cr7, all ingredients are here for him to make a wrong turn mentality wise.

Being the next Messi already killed way too many talents.
Let's see whether that curse/pressure/hype will kill again this time, as always till now.

Last edited:

Messigician

1) choir boy
3) too much of cockiness which leads you to:
2) or 95% of other guys who buy their own hype and overrate their abilities and performances like Neymar, Halilovic, or from our team: Riki, Mats, Griezmann with his BallonD Or ideas, Ilaix etc

You guys are making too much fuss out of 20'08 incident when he considered leaving.

Btw, people will say that I am just a contrarian, but since the forum is mostly flooded with praises, it is more fun to add some negativity and flaws to return back to Earth from this dreamland.

Reagrding young players, in this moment:
I like:
Mingueza: good personality, a healthy amount of a fighting spirit. He lacks in skills, but he is a nice squad player

Frenkie: probably slightly better version of Arthur in the end, due to not fitting to any midfield position and being horrible in possession and attack, and questionable at defending.
Pedri: master of hide and seek for now. He might work though, if we surround him with 1-2 guys in midfield who will be leaders and have bigger balls than him.
Araujo: a huge guy who is quite scared and injury prone behind the surface, it seems.
2) or he is a better version of Dembele who will always have meh skills, bad decisions but who is scoring wondergoals out of nowhere which mask his actual abilities in other aspects of the game
2) or he is extremely sloppy player like Dembele/Alexis who is just on a hot streak currently where every of his shots is going in like Alexis in his early years here or Dembele in those 3 Months where he was scoring on each game
About his attitude, I have wrote above, there are some worrisome elements of him buying his hype about no10, Messi's successor, being the nxt big thing, a club building a future around him, fans expecting him to be the future best player of a team.
Again, if he is not as mentally strong as Zlatan or Cr7, all ingredients are here for him to make a wrong turn mentality wise.

Let's see whether that curse/pressure/hype will kill again this time, as always till now.

Calma he's already talking back to Busquets

Ansu: "Busquets spoke to me yesterday, but as a striker I think about the goal.

Messigician

Ansu Fati: ?Thanks to the club for trusting me and giving me the opportunity to continue here. It has always been my dream to succeed in Barcelona and I will work harder every day to continue to improve as a player and as a person.?

Ansu: ?It?s a dream but I have not done anything yet and I must continue to work my way up.?

Ansu: ?The knee injury is forgotten. Now I feel tired in my legs but I have no discomfort in my knee.?

Ansu: ?I?m calm. My family and the club support me and pass on this peace to me and that is what I value most. I have no pressure, but a greater motivation to continue working every day.?

Ansu: ?It?s always a motivation to play in El Cl?sico, Madrid is our big rival. You have to be ready for the big games. I am calm that the team will give everything to win. No favorites, but we play at home.?

Ansu: ?No one can do what Messi did.?

Ansu: ?I had other offers, but from day one I told Jorge Mendes that my first option is always to stay at Bar?a. He understood it perfectly and I am very happy that the club trusted me.?

Ansu: ?Busquets spoke to me yesterday, but as a striker I think about the goal, I didn?t look back and it didn?t end well, I should have looked before, but you learn from this.?

JamDav1982

1) choir boy
3) too much of cockiness which leads to turning into:

You guys are making too much fuss out of 2008' incident when he considered leaving.

Regarding young players, in this moment:
I like:

Frenkie: probably slightly better version of Arthur in the end, due to not fitting to any midfield position and being horrible in possession and attack, and questionable at defending.
About his attitude, I have wrote above, there are some worrisome elements of him buying his hype about no10, Messi's successor, being the nxt big thing, a club building a future around him, fans expecting him to be the future best player of a team.

Nah Xavi position in team and influence as a player improved massively when had coaches that believed in him and his style of play.

Messi v Espanyol is irrelevant to any point being made.

Likes of Mingueza is nowhere near the player of Pedri/FDJ level. He is not even better than Garcia.

Pedri who was voted in team in tournament at Euros at 18 and will likely win the Golden Boy but plays 'Hide and Seek'.

FDJ who has been named best midfielder in Europe already in his career.

Systems matter for players and getting best out of them. That doesnt then mean it excuses all poor performances and regardless FDJ was on of Barcas best platers last season and Pedri is being voted one of best young players around.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We for sure don't need to compare him to Messi. He will never reach that level and no one sane should expect him to do that. I would be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED if he manages to reach the level of Samuel Eto'o for example. I am sure this is the level he can reach but he needs to stay humble and he needs to continue to work hard.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Dont underate Samuel

Won't tell u again

How did I underrate Samuel? :D I said his level should be Fati's goal for the future. I honestly see some similarities in those two players. I know many of you would disagree but Fati could maybe become our No.9 in the future. He has that killer instinct in front of the goal while on the wing he sometimes lacks a bit of creativity and speed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans