La Liga Round 27

Saturday 9th of March 2019. 18:30CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
i5LifmxEVIl0sbvIysiyhw_96x96.png

--------

Andresito

Staff member
No need for heavy rotations after a weeks rest. Could be good to get the legs going and build up confidence ahead of Lyon.

Just because of Roberto's good game against Madrid I hope he isn't back in the gala XI again.. :valverde:

ter Stegen
Roberto, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba
Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur
Dembélé, Messi, Coutinho

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If any of those journalists had balls they'd ask Valverde in a presser will Suarez rest himself here.

And what did he learn from last year's Roma debacle.

shadows

If any of those journalists had balls they'd ask Valverde in a presser will Suarez rest himself here.

And what did he learn from last year's Roma debacle.

Well i hope Suarez rests himself... Messi and Suarez should ideally play only half each..Same with Busquets and Rakitic so that all of them are fresh for the crucial Lyon game.. But well what do we know..90 minutes each :valverde2:

Jakabor

Atletico Madrid are still very much in pursuit, which is why this match shouldn't be taken lightly.

We need a win vs Rayo. After the Barca-Atletico match, which Barca will hopefully win, Barca can rest players in the league for the CL quarters and semis.

Leo_Messi

Rayo can't defend to save their own lives. Busquets, Suárez and Piqué to be rested. Possibly Messi for at least portions of the game. Rakitic could do with a break as well or limited minutes in the second half.

I would use this lineup.

MAtS

Roberto, Umtiti, Lenglet, Alba

Aleñá, Vidal, Arthur

Messi, Dembélé, Malcom

Want to see Dembélé as a false 9 running behind Rayo's defense and making runs while being flanked by Messi (who will keep roaming the pitch) and Malcom who is due some playing time. I don't want to see KPB playing for us as he stinks up the place and don't want him to steal minutes from the likes of Malcom either. He has no future at this club and adds nothing.

Coutinho has not deserved to start even such games based on his actual performances. He has got so many chances in the past months that he has wasted while the likes of Malcom (just after an arguably MoM performance against RM in his first Clásico) has received the grand total of 0 first-team seconds on the pitch in the same time period.

The crucial thing should be to rest as many of the seniors and those above 30+ years as possible. Players that have played more minutes than almost everyone else. In other words the likes of Piqué, Rakitic, Suárez, Busquets etc. All of them are expected to start against Lyon as well 4 days later.

Not watched Valverde's presser but knowing him he will prefer a more save approach. After all it's a heavily struggling Rayo at the Camp Nou. Can't take too many and too huge risks.:lol: So expecting (unfortunately) all of Piqué, Rakitic, Suárez and Busquets to start.:facepalm:

EDIT: Lenglet suspended. In such a case give Piqué the first half and Murillo the second.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

You can relax, he's not in a match squad.

Good to hear about that. Not that I expected anything differently, honestly. He has been crap to put it mildly. Some signing. My initial comment was just in case Valverde had a intracranial hemorrhage and decided to use him.:valverde:

Last edited:

Kul_z

There are still 36 points in the game. Do what you want valverde, but just try to lose or draw any of the two upcoming games, i dare you, i double dare you

soul24rage

My Starting XI

(4-3-3) MATS---Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba---Alena, Rakitic, Vidal---Dembele, Messi, Coutinho/Malcom

Subs: Suarez for Messi (at half time), Bob for Alba (at half time), Murillo for Pique (at half time)

-Lenglet is suspended and a good opportunity to give match fitness to Umtiti
-I would give some match rhythm to the likes of Messi, Suarez, Pique, and Alba

Last edited:

Gari

D1Jjf7AX0AAvKm_.jpg
:( | Rafinha , Thomas Vermaelen

❌ | Jean-clair Todibo , Kevin Prince Boateng

�� Suspended | Clement Lenglet

Home of Barca Fans