Thomas Tuchel

Birdy

Is he gonna last after summer or 23 at Chelsea?
Laporta should act wisely here.

Agree with this guy in advance, start preliminary talks, and whenever Abramovic fires him, get him..
Let Koeman stay until 23 or until the day Tuchel becomes free again.
Don't waste the chance of getting a coaching gem

serghei

Which PSG fan was it who kept saying Tuchel is garbage?
[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION]? :mou:

This is another critical error of the galactico model. You put in a possibly elite manager in an environment where galactico stars rule the team, he fails because in no way can he implement his ideas without rubbing the stars' ego the wrong way. Then he ends up being the scapegoat of all that was wrong in the team results-wise.

I hope PSG will never get out of this cycle. In this way, we can all make fun of them, outside maybe some isolated successful seasons (after all, every galactico team did reach some high point amongst years of scandals and conflicts).

Birdy

This is another critical error of the galactico model. You put in a possibly elite manager in an environment where galactico stars rule the team, he fails because in no way can he implement his ideas without rubbing the stars' ego the wrong way. Then he ends up being the scapegoat of all that was wrong in the team results-wise.

I hope PSG will never get out of this cycle. In this way, we can all make fun of them, outside maybe some isolated successful seasons (after all, every galactico team did reach some high point amongst years of scandals and conflicts).

I am afraid that will be Poch's fate as well there.
And then he will need vindication in his next job, just like Tuchel

serghei

I am afraid that will be Poch's fate as well there.
And then he will need vindication in his next job, just like Tuchel

No doubt. Another mismatch. Poch built his career as an underdog miracle maker. Hardly ever had to deal with a locker-room filled with huge egos.

Looking at profiles, Zidane is the only one who has built his legacy on his way of dealing with egos. Probably because for some reason star players seem to respect his aura from his playing days. He has a charisma of some sort which allows him to keep stars in check (as much as it is expected really).

Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, which are probably top 3 by a distance now, neither fancy working in a club where several players know they are untouchable.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

No doubt. Another mismatch. Poch built his career as an underdog miracle maker. Hardly ever had to deal with a locker-room filled with huge egos.

Yep. I give this project six to eight months and it will blow up. So many boiling pots going over there. So many huge egos.

Dommarumma and Navas will be one.

How can Messi/Neymar and Mbappe share duties? Penalties, corners and free kicks. Who will get the spotlight?

Then you add DiMaria who wants to play too.

Ramos will have a problem with someone.

Should be fun!!

Last edited:

serghei

Yep. I give this project six to eight months and it will blow up. So many boiling pots going over there. So many huge egos.

Dommarumma and Navas will be one.

How can Messi/Neymar and Mbappe share duties? Penalties, corners and free kicks. Who will get the spotlight?

Then you add DiMaria who wants to play too.

Ramos will have a problem with someone.

Should be fun!!

Yea, I hope. A PSG scandal right now would gloss over any Barca issues we might have. :lol: Pure entertainment.

Some solid entertaining possible stories this season:

PSG implosion

City failing in CL again which would be meme material

United failing again

Liverpool cementing their decline by failing to compete for EPL

:lol:

Too bad Bayern will cruise the Budesliga as usual and go deep in CL. We'll have to wait until may to possibly ridicule them.

Some degree of fun is already reached by Portugal trumping Ligue 1 for 5th best league. :coffee:

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Yea, I hope. A PSG scandal right now would gloss over any Barca issues we might have. :lol: Pure entertainment.

Some solid entertaining possible stories this season:

PSG implosion

City failing in CL again which would be meme material

United failing again

Liverpool cementing their decline by failing to compete for EPL

:lol:

Too bad Bayern will cruise the Budesliga as usual and go deep in CL. We'll have to wait until may to possibly ridicule them.

Some degree of fun is already reached by Portugal trumping Ligue 1 for 5th best league. :coffee:

Yeah, finally the last laugh is not on Barca. (Nobody expects us to win anything)

True so many good storylines.

serghei

Yeah, finally the last laugh is not on Barca. (Nobody expects us to win anything)

True so many good storylines.

I guess it pays off not to be a fanatic in these times. If you think football begins and ends with Barca, these years are not really good for you. :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

I guess it pays off not to be a fanatic in these times. If you think football begins and ends with Barca, these years are not really good for you. :lol:

So true and if you let Barca decide your mental state, you will go nuts. No wonder Lucho left after few years and Pep too.

Home of Barca Fans