CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

shadows

Considering any opponent is a challenge for this Valverde`s Barca, I do hope Messi turns up to save the day yet again for our no game plan team.. thats the only way we are getting anything out of this game...

Messigician

Never seen so many crybabies on a fan forum apparently. We are going to smash these french farmers. We are FC Barcelona we fear no team other teams fear us

ronniecro

well we can be sure we'll be bored to death again,it is serous match so i don't expect anything exciting,i predict 0-0 or 1-1...

Giginho75

Never seen so many crybabies on a fan forum apparently. We are going to smash these french farmers. We are FC Barcelona we fear no team other teams fear us

I think the same thing.
In this forum I read only complains and criticisms...
totally absurd!!!

😂😂😂
Woow I dont think you have been watching Barca playing under EV.

Oh my God, next time Barca board will choose among some barcaforum's users to train the team.

We dominate at Wembley against Spurs, won almost easy at Eindhoven and dominate at San Siro where Inter drew for casuality.

Away is never easy, this is CL guys!!!
The only thing we can to require from Valverde: never replay again last year in Rome.

Last edited:

shadows

I think the same thing.
In this forum I read only complains and criticisms...
totally absurd!!!

Oh my God, next time Barca board will choose among some barcaforum's users to train the team.

We dominate at Wembley against Spurs, won almost easy at Eindhoven and dominate at San Siro where Inter drew for casuality.

Away is never easy, this is CL guys!!!
The only thing we can to require from Valverde: never replay again last year in Rome.

If i remember correctly, we did not win easily at Eindhoven. We were lucky we didnt lose by a large margin. PSV just choked in that game more than us winning. We were lethargic like we have been these past few weeks and we were lucky to come away with a win. And the San siro game was a snooze fest. We certainly did not dominate it or play gloriously... So yes, having seen Barca play before and what we play under Valverde (where our primary and only tactic seem to be to hope that Messi bails us out), our skepticism is certainly not unwarranted.

Giginho75

If i remember correctly, we did not win easily at Eindhoven. We were lucky we didnt lose by a large margin. PSV just choked in that game more than us winning. We were lethargic like we have been these past few weeks and we were lucky to come away with a win. And the San siro game was a snooze fest. We certainly did not dominate it or play gloriously... So yes, having seen Barca play before and what we play under Valverde (where our primary and only tactic seem to be to hope that Messi bails us out), our skepticism is certainly not unwarranted.

Seven points in three games...
All deserved!!!

Do you want the perfection!?
Do you want winning easy everywhere?
In CL? You are a dreamer...

Maybe you forget a lot of difficult games of RM, City and other top clubs away in Europe.

Maybe you don't remember our performances two years ago with Lucho in Paris and Turin.

Anyway at Eindhoven was a deserved victory, despite we were already qualified.
But is clear that Psv in own pitch created some problems...
It's normal...this is CL!!!

Barca must improve to try to win CL? Yes, for sure.
Barca and the coach deserve all these absurd criticisms? Absolutely not.

Last edited:

Mido

Hello,

I would humbly suggest that it seems Barca doesn't have the means in midfield to play the football it once played and should adapt and readapt it's style aynd tactics while keeping it's guiding football principles

We are however in february, I highly doubt this will happen in the next fixture against Lyon but I would humbly suggest Valverde should bank on experience for big games. I would go with the following 4-4-2 that could switch to a 4-3-3 when needed. A 4-4-2 that should be offensive though not like last year (Sorry admin Barca formation doesn't seem to work):

--------------Suarez-----------Messi---------------
---Coutinho---------------------------Dembélé---
--------------Rakitic----------Busquets-----------
---Alba----------------------------------Roberto--
---------Lenglet--------------Piqué---------------
--------------------Ter Stegen--------------------

I like the Busquets-Dembélé-Messi triangle on one hand and the Rakitic-Coutinho-Suarez on another hand. A complementary mixture of technique, physicality and tactical intelligence.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Been looking forward to this match for a while. Messi said he wants the champions league this year. If the team that we’ve seen the last 4 matches shows up we’re in for the inevitable heart break down the road. I have hopes we turn it around and put maximum effort in! 3–1 Barca. Dembele Messi and SUAREZ to score!

Gari

Been looking forward to this match for a while. Messi said he wants the champions league this year. If the team that we’ve seen the last 4 matches shows up we’re in for the inevitable heart break down the road. I have hopes we turn it around and put maximum effort in! 3–1 Barca. Dembele Messi and SUAREZ to score!

[MD] "Our goal is to win the Champions league." Eric Abidal makes it clear that Barça's prime objective is to win the Champions league. He made it clear that we are going with high determination to win it.

Home of Barca Fans