CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

FCBfan22

Well well, didn't realize Umtiti was back! Is he really fit or the club playing with the fire and taking a risk of making him Vermaelen 2.0?

I guess it's all about how we take it from here. IMO, he shouldn't step on the pitch before the Liga Clasico. Make sure in trainings that he is fit.

El Gato

Villarato!
He probably counts Umtiti.

We're talking players that are registered. They don't suddenly disappear and Umtiti is not out for the season. So yes, of course. You've got 4 of those you started with registered + Murillo who came in which is already extra. Either you take Umtiti out altogether in the January registration round and stick Todibo in, or you roll with it.

Realistically sure, you have 3 fully fit ones.

raki

Umtiti is gonna be on the stands with Jokieta and Wague.

Stegen

Semedo Pique Lenglet Alba

Busquets

Rakitic Sergi R.

Messi Suarez Dembelé

That would be my choice.

Arizona Scott

Umtiti is gonna be on the stands with Jokieta and Wague.

Stegen

Semedo Pique Lenglet Alba

Busquets

Rakitic Sergi R.

Messi Suarez Dembelé

That would be my choice.

I am with you on this. Thinking have roberto start with vidal or alena coming in later depending on the situation, probably vidal though. I am some worried with vidal having to play 90 yesterday, but then so did bob.

EdmondDantes

Saw some website suggesting Sergi Roberto could start in midfield since Alena lacks the experience and the fact Rakitic, Vidal & Busquets together doesn't not seem to work, save for a few exceptions.

I certainly wouldn't mind it. Sergi is the remontada king after all.

Giginho75

Score some goals and we'll be fine.
Only question is how are we gonna score goals with the 2 chances we'll create all game playing Ernieball? We need 100% conversion rate.

In the current CL we dominated and created a lot of chances in all three matches against three good opponents:
Totthenam, Psv and Inter.

We won two and drew at San Siro without Leo just because we were already almost qualified (anyway Barca deserved to win).

Not the best moment in LaLiga, where we produced few chances and we are not brilliant, but anyway we are first in the ranking instead RM has lost against Girona at Bernabeu (!!!).

And for sure in CL there are different motivations and I think will be a better Barca than the last month in LaLiga.

Last edited:

eaman

I can't remember the last time our team are dominant in the CL away game. Our CL performance have been unbearable to watch for a couple of years, the team are struggling to create chances and our defense is vulnerable.

Hopefully Dembele can step up to help Messi as I have no expectation on Suarez.

We were very rarely dominant in away games in terms of scoring anyway even under pep. We would mostly draw and finish the job at home

FC B

The heavyweights of the team is said to have asked the board for Valverde to remain, let them play now for him and for them for recieving what they've asked for.

raskolnikov

Same as always: atleast a draw with goals. I still expect Rome 2.0, but not necesarily vs Lyon. They are basically Europa league winner level and should always be schooled by a team of Barca’s caliber. Who knows with Valverde’s barca though. Its like an over the hill boxer with heavy hand and a glass chin. The wlad Klitschko of football.

Home of Barca Fans