Barca renews Valverde's contract

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona have announced that coach Ernesto Valverde has renewed his contract until the end of the 2019-20 season with the option of an additional year.

oficial-barcelona-renueva-valverde-1550218018178.jpg

The Catalan club confirmed the news on Friday morning and Valverde will speak at a press conference later in the day ahead of Saturday's match against Real Valladolid.
The club said: "FC Barcelona and Ernesto Valverde, the first team coach, have reached an agreement to extend the contract between the two parties for another season (2019/20) with the option for one more (2020/21)."

Valverde is in his second season in charge at Camp Nou. In his first year, he won a league and cup double, only losing one game in La Liga.

However, the campaign was tainted by a Champions League exit against Roma, despite winning the first leg 4-1 at home.

Valverde, who turned 55 last week, has been in charge of Barça for 96 official matches now.

Gari

Heavyweights in Barcelona’s dressing room are delighted with the coach. [sport]
: Valverde2:
B_5stINVEAAbJVK.jpg

Last edited:

henias

Anyway, I stopped watching Barca games for a long time. Hence the inactiveness. I usually just check scores, see some individual highlights and that's about it. We'll see how long they can keep this up.

Xaviniesta

whats the point in renewing? pretty much everyone knows that if he fails in the CL he will be gone. still the same conditions as before

henias

whats the point in renewing? pretty much everyone knows that if he fails in the CL he will be gone. still the same conditions as before

I'm not sure why they are so eager to renew him when we are hardly a step into the CL knockouts.

Baffling.

El Gato

Villarato!
You guys do know this means basically nothing though, right? Other than him having some form of hope Barca will keep him with marginal success (i.e. Liga, Copa + 1/4 or 1/2 of CL), this is no assurance of his future at all. He's still 100% sackable if you underperform.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pique, Rakiticc and Suarez just popped a champagne. Entire B and Juvenil team just died.

Home of Barca Fans