User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barca renews Valverde's contract

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Centauri B View Post
    What a bunch of muppets most of you are.

Football is all about the players, not coaches. The manager picks the starting XI, that's it.
    And subs in Gomes @Roma, the most insecure player in our squad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    And subs in Gomes @Roma, the most insecure player in our squad.

That I accept. But, the whole team was crap that night. Can't blame everything on EV.

The Pale One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The manager picks the starting XI, that's it"

Brilliant. Why even hire anyone. Hell I'll do the job.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by putogusiluz8 View Post
    "The manager picks the starting XI, that's it"

Brilliant. Why even hire anyone. Hell I'll do the job.
    Trust me. You can.

Valverde Cultist
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Centauri B View Post
    What a bunch of muppets most of you are.

Football is all about the players, not coaches. The manager picks the starting XI, that's it.
    Lmao explain why the united players played like crap under Mourunho then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see only one player on this year's squad who has been underperforming, poor Coutinho. The development of the younger players has been going quite well this season, and the team has survived the Umtitti injury quite well. I think Valverde has been doing a good job of giving the chances to the right players, though tactics are not his strongest area. He retains the respect of the key players, which is vital on a high-paid, veteran squad like this one.

Just a very few managers tend to get much more than they should from their squads, I'd put Chulo, Klopp and Pep on that short list. And Pep has had years when his results with excellent squads should have been better.

On the other end, Mourinho, Sarri and Loptegui have been recent examples of disastrous coaching, ones that must be fired.

The current level of talent of the Barca squad is quite good, but definitely below the glory years of a few years ago. Expecting trebles every year is not even close to being realistic. You can see that Valverde is clearly a better manager than the last few Barca has had, if you are willing to admit the truth.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    I see only one player on this year's squad who has been underperforming, poor Coutinho. The development of the younger players has been going quite well this season, and the team has survived the Umtitti injury quite well. I think Valverde has been doing a good job of giving the chances to the right players, though tactics are not his strongest area. He retains the respect of the key players, which is vital on a high-paid, veteran squad like this one.

Just a very few managers tend to get much more than they should from their squads, I'd put Chulo, Klopp and Pep on that short list. And Pep has had years when his results with excellent squads should have been better.

On the other end, Mourinho, Sarri and Loptegui have been recent examples of disastrous coaching, ones that must be fired.

The current level of talent of the Barca squad is quite good, but definitely below the glory years of a few years ago. Expecting trebles every year is not even close to being realistic. You can see that Valverde is clearly a better manager than the last few Barca has had, if you are willing to admit the truth.
    Why do you think he is better than Enrique? At least he won treble and had other good season and then one bad one. I don't see big difference.

Enriques team was much more fun to watch. Ernie makes me bored.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    Well I

I’d say they’ve all underperformed other than Steg , Arthur and Dembele

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane82 View Post
    I’d say they’ve all underperformed other than Steg , Arthur and Dembele
    Edit it fast, Zinc. No mention of Rakitic in a post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What coach do the users of this forum want?

As usual I read dramatic comments about Valverde and I don't understand why.

Not always we can find a man like Guardiola in the club.
    Johan Cruyff said: "Gracias a Dios que Messi existe!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An offensive minded coach is not that hard to find
    Any coach from La Masia would be better, any coach from other teams in the league would be better, most people on this forum would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeloBarca View Post
    An offensive minded coach is not that hard to find
    Any coach from La Masia would be better, any coach from other teams in the league would be better, most people on this forum would be better.
    Really?
    We play to attack...
    The offensive trident made by three pure forwards.
    The midfield is the same...ball possession and to serve the three in front...
    On the sides two propositive players (Alba and Semedo) always in attack to serve and exchange ball with our top-players...

Anyway we can find some great mentality coach on this forum!!! 😅😅😅
    Last edited by Giginho75; 18th February 2019 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be ready when Barca comes calling

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I'll be ready when Barca comes calling
    Me too but I'd get the same calls for immediate firing because I would have Rakitic and Vidal in the rotation in the midfield for big games (with Busi and Arthur), play Suarez (but a lot less than EV), and give Sergi some time in different positions. Oh I would play Pique too (but less than he is being played). So I wouldn't last either.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Scott View Post
    Me too but I'd get the same calls for immediate firing because I would have Rakitic and Vidal in the rotation in the midfield for big games (with Busi and Arthur), play Suarez (but a lot less than EV), and give Sergi some time in different positions. Oh I would play Pique too (but less than he is being played). So I wouldn't last either.
    I, friend, would be stoned to death soon. Your time will come.