Lliga | Round 24: FC Barcelona - Valladolid 1-0

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We aren't going to rest many players, players need some momentum and resting them 10 days is the opposite of that.
Think we will go with strongest 11, and in this case I think it will be right decision

Should rest Messi. Suarez can play one half. Dembele should play the entire game. Should rest Rakitic too given how much he's played. It's going to be an intense game vs Lyon so no point wasting energy here. Some of the subs should be more than enough to secure a win here.

Most teams tend to rest their starters before such games and it works for them so I disagree completely with you there. Going with the strongest XI thus wasting energy when we have an away game against a team notorious for their high pressing and energetic midfield as shown vs Man City is a bad idea IMO.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Should rest Messi. Suarez can play one half. Dembele should play the entire game. Should rest Rakitic too given how much he's played. It's going to be an intense game vs Lyon so no point wasting energy here. Some of the subs should be more than enough to secure a win here.

Most teams tend to rest their starters before such games and it works for them so I disagree completely with you there. Going with the strongest XI thus wasting energy when we have an away game against a team notorious for their high pressing and energetic midfield as shown vs Man City is a bad idea IMO.

I would have agreed with what you said if we played this mid week. Players need rest but also need rhythm and you can't do one on the expense of the other.
If you want to play well against Lyon, resting those players isn't good thing for it at all.

Porque

Stegen
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
-Busquets-
-Alena-Rakitic-
Messi-Suarez-Dembele

Gala11 plus getting Dembele back to fitness and having Alena start for me. If Valverde thinks Todibo is ready, then I am all for giving him a start.

I would want Malcom to start but IMO Valverde F'd up against Valencia by not starting Malcom. We had the chance to continue his form. Now instead we have the Valladolid game where we need to get Dembele ready for the next block of tough games. Coutinho form is also a Q and if Malcom doesn't play he loses confidence. Bad management.

wisconsincule

Hopefully there are some rotations. Would really like Malcom and Dembele to start together paired with Messi or Suarez. No chance that happens though.

Slevinn

Why can’t we play on a friday? Lyon, Bayern and Juventus are doing it (Liverpool has no game this weekend).
So its just us and Atletico who are playing saturday.

I know its not our choise but still...

Porque

Why can’t we play on a friday? Lyon, Bayern and Juventus are doing it (Liverpool has no game this weekend).

Very good point. Seems LaLiga prefer to have that friday slot for the weeks sh*tcan game.

Well thats really unfair. Hopefully Valverde will rotate tomorrow, Dembele will play and Messi should be rested or let him play only one half.

xXKonan

DzeCdTLXgAE9WfV.jpg

Squad list.

shadows

Hehe who were all those who expected Tobido to start because a certain someone was impressed?? strongest 11 incoming..gotcha :valverde:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans