Staff member
La Liga Round 23

Sunday, 10 February, 20:45

OSL_5Zm6kYPP1J17Bo5uDA_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

------

shadows

Hopefully some rotations here. Team seems to be running on fumes especially towards the end of games...

soul24rage

my lineup

(4-3-3) MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Bob---Vidal, Busi, Alena---Malcom, Messi, Dembele

Subs: Boateng for Dembele (if we have a good scoreline), Murillo for Pique (if we have a good scoreline), Rakitic for Busi or Alena.

-Back 5 needs no explanation since Alba is suspended.
-I think Vidal is very useful in away games as we’ll need his intensity and fighting mentality.
-Dembele should be fit enough to play the whole game; if not, then play Messi-Boateng-Malcom.
-Malcom looked hurt vs RM, but if he’s fit to play, I would play him to keep his confidence going.
-If Messi is not 100%, I would seriously consider playing Boateng instead of Suarez in the #9 position as Suarez looked very tired lately and that doesn’t help him or the team.
-Rakitic, Suarez, Coutinho played a lot of games recently so I would give them a full rest for this game.

EDIT: seeing as Arthur is injured, replace him with Alena

Last edited:

FCBfan22

--------------MATS------------
Semedo-Murillo-Lenglet-Roberto
------------Rakitic-----------
-------Alena-------Vidal------
Malcom-------Messi-----Dembele

Subs:
Rakitic for Busi at HT
Coutinho for Alena
Boateng for Dembele

Try and rest Arthur. If things go tits up, sub in Alba and Arthur.

Andresito

Staff member
Last time we played Athletic at San Mamés ended in a 2-0 victory.

Midfield looked like this:
Gomes, Busi, Rakitic, Paulinho :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tough schedule. Don't know how many rotations we'll see but honestly we can play guys like Alena or Vidal or Boateng no problem as Rakitic, Suarez and few others suck.

Leo_Messi

Another classic in Spain. In fact one of the most played games in Spanish football history to date. Top 3, if I recall. At the San Mamés too. Won't be easy at all given Athletic's recent form and the fact that we played a relatively demanding cup game yesterday night. However at least there will be 4 full days of rest before the game Sunday night.

A very important game as we have a relatively easy league game against Valladolid at the Camp Nou next week before the away game against Lyon and Sevilla. Not to mention that the Derbi Madrileño will be played this weekend and thus one of our two biggest rivals is certain to drop points. This opportunity should be taken especially given the draw against Valencia.

I would like to see Dembélé if match fit. Messi should not be risked if he is still not 100% ready. In fact he should probably not have been risked yesterday night at all as well. We clearly dominated without Messi in that second half.

Other than that I feel that Malcom earned a place in the starting lineup. In particular if Dembélé is not yet ready. Vidal and Aleñá should start. Semedo too given his good performance yesterday night. However knowing Valverde, Roberto will play and thus Semedo won't improve his recent momentum. Anyway can't ask for everything.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Will Dembele be back for this game? I am reading that Valverde is not sure whether Messi would be fit to play on Sunday. We will definitely need one of these two for this tough game.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Not too many rotations please. We can do that against Valldolid at home next week and there will be a full week without a game anyway.
Just don't risk Messi if he is not fully fit. And it is time for a Suarez brace or hat trick to win the game, has almost been a month since the last one. So your time to shine Luisito.

serghei

Must win game. Best possible team here. Madrid is likely to draw vs Atletico, so that means we will have a +8 lead over 2nd place with a win here. This could be an important step in our attempt to win the 4th La Liga in 5 seasons.

Valladolid is perfect for heavy rotation before the Lyon game.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Subs:
Rakitic for Busi at HT
Coutinho for Alena
Boateng for Dembele

Try and rest Arthur. If things go tits up, sub in Alba and Arthur.

Alba is suspended, so he won't play either way.

Cule4life

The Culest
We have Lyon coming up and we have a healthy lead (which might increase due to Madrid derby). The guys calling for gala XI will then complain if we are on fumes against Lyon. Some sensible rotations please.

Sub out Raki for Busi after 60 minutes

Home of Barca Fans