14 - João Félix

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Man his time in Benfica was magical. Creative, smart, knew when and how to dribble, and penetrate teams with his finishing. He had almost everything.

Like i said two years ago and many times afterwards, this guy loved the ball at his feet, and loved spraying passed to runners behind the ball. A team like Atletico just isn't that, even if they're the strongest team in Spain.

Being a great player isn't just about work ethic and talent, it's also about being at the right place at the right time with people around you to facilitate your development. There's a good chance going to atletico at such a young age stalled his development.

Another bites the dust. Hope to see a resurgence from him a few years from now, he really had something special.

Yeah, didnt understand why he did go to atletico. Should have gone to dortmund for example.

mc_lovin

Another second striker, no winger, pseudo 10 false 9 wannabe. We already have Depay who is the same type of player, why are we even considering this ?.

It's just about getting rid of Griezmann without making a loss on paper. That's all. We would literally trade him for a guy like Braithwaite if he was close to a 72ME evaluation. I seriously doubt it's about sporting reasons.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, didnt understand why he did go to atletico. Should have gone to dortmund for example.

On paper he looked like the perfect replacement for Griezmann, a second striker to who can score and pass.

It is documented in his thread that I though he was really special talent, and SS were becoming a thing again in football. But his time in Atletico makes me think he is most likely a bust.
Even resurgence will probably happen through a lower level team, not in Barca (like Salah, KDB etc done)

Porque

Doesn't really fit in with having Ansu and Depay. All similar players in terms of positioning.

What he done at Benfica was amazing, but it was also only half a season.

We should probably try and unblock the Saul deal. That one fits what the squad lacks more.

Bobo32

Yeah Saul would be a better fit for the squad maybe, but Felix would be good too, if a swap deal is what must be done...
Would be GREAT not to already have free Depay in the squad!

FC433

Saul definitely fits us and he is the type of player that we need. Although his talent is unquestionable, he is struggling at the moment and we cannot risk throwing away 130m just like that. If Saul does not make it here, the most we will get will be probably 20m if we are lucky, while Felix can get us at least 40m if not more.

Birdy

Imagine thinking this guy still at the age of 21 is worse than greasy Griezzy, who is a certified flop at Barca and for Barca football...

Felix is pure class, can break buses with his movement with the ball and creativity, which is exactly the quality needed at a club like Barca constantly facing that problem.
Contrary to small teams like Atleti, who are bred into playing like underdogs->sitting deep and compact, hitting on the counter.
A system that is clearly holding back this little magician from developing his skills
(and the irony of this being used against him, saying he is a flop because he can't score or create more, or because Simeone didn't play him enough last season...
the irony...)

This coming season we know that we will have 2 creators Depay and Messi, behind whom there will be none! No rotation from that position
An injury, and suddenly Koeman is forced to play with only 1 creator.
Not even want to think what happens when both are out.
With Felix being still only 21..

Laporta has a clever eye in football, and he likes him.
Let's hope he pulls a negotiating masterclass and forces the swap on Atleti's hierarchy

Home of Barca Fans